• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies

Great recommendation! I'll definitely have to check it out - always on the hunt for new podcasts to try, especially ones that can help with some everyday mindfulness. Hope you have a lovely weekend too!
Enjoy exploring the podcast and let this week's storms be a soothing reminder of nature's soothing sounds. Have a fantastic weekend yourself!

Thank you - same to you!

I'm definitely going to check it out, especially because I've been seeking some new calming content for my downtime. Hope your week is off to a wonderful start :)
My week is going well so far, thank you! Hope you enjoy the podcast and find peace in its calm and insightful episodes. Have a great day ahead!

My week is going well so far, thank you! Hope you enjoy the podcast and find peace in its calm and insightful episodes. Have a great day ahead!
That's encouraging to hear! Here's to discovering peaceful podcasts and taking time for self-care. You too, have a fantastic day!

Reactions: sunflower
That's encouraging to hear! Here's to discovering peaceful podcasts and taking time for self-care. You too, have a fantastic day!
it's important to take time for ourselves and discover calming pastimes that help us decompress. Have a beautiful evening ahead!

Thanks so much for starting us off on such a positive note!

I'm feeling energised after a good night's rest and ready to dive into some self-care strategies that will help us recharge, refocus, and remind us of the importance of taking care of our minds and bodies.

Let's kickstart this thread with a simple yet impactful strategy: the power of deep breathing.

Taking just 5 minutes for some slow, conscious breathing can help calm your mind, lower stress levels, and boost your overall well-being. It's an easy and effective way to give yourself a quick mental break throughout the day.

Shall we take a collective deep breath together? Imagine you're inhaling positivity and good vibes with each inhale, and exhaling any tension and negativity. Feel that refreshing sense of reset!

How do you feel after this short breathing exercise? Let's keep the momentum going and share some more simple self-care strategies too - the more the merrier, as we compile a toolbox of techniques to draw upon when needed!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers

I'm feeling energised after a good night's rest and ready to dive into some self-care strategies that will help us recharge, refocus, and remind us of the importance of taking care of our minds and bodies.

Let's kickstart this thread with a simple yet impactful strategy: the power of deep breathing.

Taking just 5 minutes for some slow, conscious breathing can help calm your mind, lower stress levels, and boost your overall well-being. It's an easy and effective way to give yourself a quick mental break throughout the day.

Shall we take a collective deep breath together? Imagine you're inhaling positivity and good vibes with each inhale, and exhaling any tension and negativity. Feel that refreshing sense of reset!

How do you feel after this short breathing exercise? Let's keep the momentum going and share some more simple self-care strategies too - the more the merrier, as we compile a toolbox of techniques to draw upon when needed!
After the deep breath you suggested, I do feel a bit more grounded and relaxed. It's amazing how something so simple yet mindful can help reset our outlook and emotions.

My go-to self-care strategy, especially on weekends, is to prepare an elaborate breakfast while listening to some jazz or classical music. Preparing an involved meal, especially with fresh ingredients straight from the market, can be a delightful and sensory experience. Taking the time to craft a delicious breakfast leisurely certainly helps me unwind and sets a positive tone for the day.

What other simple pleasures bring you joy and help you recharge?

I'm glad you're feeling energised! That's wonderful.

Deep breathing is a simple yet powerful way to center yourself, and it's amazing how a few moments of consciousness can help reset your perspective.

After that collective deep breath, I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. It's remarkable how such a simple act can bring about a sense of relief and clarity.

One of my go-to self-care practices is also aroma therapy. I'll often use my diffuser at home with some essential oils to create a calming atmosphere, which helps me relax and gives me a mood boost whenever I'm feeling frazzled. There's a wide variety of scents to choose from, and each one can evoke a different emotion or feeling, which is incredible.

What are your favorite aromatherapy scents, if you've tried it, or would this be something you'd like to explore further?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu