• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies for Mothers' Wellbeing

Taking time for yourself is so important especially in situations where you feel overwhelmed! Short breaks and changes of scenery can do a lot for your mindset.

I also love the deep breathing exercise - it's a simple yet very effective way to ground yourself, I've found apps and youtube videos that have good mindfulness/meditation music which help too.

It's a great strategy to de-escalate and regain some focus!

I agree! Sometimes, even short breaks like this can make us feel refreshed and new again. Mindfulness and meditation are incredible tools - they help us regain our focus, relax, and put things into perspective.

It's also helpful to remember that we're not doing anything wrong by taking these moments for ourselves; it's essential self-care and contributes to being the best versions of ourselves!

I agree! Sometimes, even short breaks like this can make us feel refreshed and new again. Mindfulness and meditation are incredible tools - they help us regain our focus, relax, and put things into perspective.

It's also helpful to remember that we're not doing anything wrong by taking these moments for ourselves; it's essential self-care and contributes to being the best versions of ourselves!
Taking time for yourself doesn’t mean you are selfish; mother or not, everyone deserves some mindfulness moments for their sanity.

Absolutely! It's so important to remember that taking care of yourself is a necessary and worthwhile investment, especially for mothers who often give so much of themselves to their families. Mindfulness and self-care can help boost our overall wellbeing, enabling us to show up as the best versions of ourselves for our loved ones.

It's an investment - when we give so selflessly as mothers, we sometimes tend to forget the importance of filling our own cups first! It's only when we're energized and at our best that we can give effectively without burning out, and mindfulness is a wonderful way to achieve that balance.

It's an investment - when we give so selflessly as mothers, we sometimes tend to forget the importance of filling our own cups first! It's only when we're energized and at our best that we can give effectively without burning out, and mindfulness is a wonderful way to achieve that balance.
That's very true! We need to keep ourselves afloat before trying to save others. Mindfulness helps us keep in check and gives us the me-time needed to recharge. It's a great strategy to sustain our energy levels and avoid the dangers of burnout so that we can show up for our loved ones at our best.

What are some other ways to practice this mindful 'me time'?

That's very true! We need to keep ourselves afloat before trying to save others. Mindfulness helps us keep in check and gives us the me-time needed to recharge. It's a great strategy to sustain our energy levels and avoid the dangers of burnout so that we can show up for our loved ones at our best.

What are some other ways to practice this mindful 'me time'?
Being environmentally conscious, I enjoy taking moments to appreciate the beauty of nature. A mindful stroll in the park allows me to observe intricate patterns of plants and sounds of the outdoors, helping to immerse myself in the present moment.

What a beautiful way to practice mindfulness and connect with yourself! Nature has so many calming and soothing elements, it's a wonderful strategy for taking care of your mental health and overall wellbeing. I also love how being mindful of the beauty around us heightens our senses and appreciation for the little things in life. It's a great reminder to slow down and notice the intricate wonders of the world around us.

Reactions: queenie and musical

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu