• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies for Motherhood

Absolutely! We often remind our children to take care of themselves, yet we forget our own self-care in the process - which is so important, especially amidst the demands and joys of motherhood. It certainly is a constant learning curve, but one that's so worth navigating with intention and mindfulness.
The joys and challenges of motherhood can certainly be overwhelming sometimes. I think most mothers can agree that it's often a case of learning on the job! And there's no real preparation or guideline manual for it either, making it quite the adventure. So, taking care of one's mental health and general well-being is an essential aspect to keep things in perspective and enjoy the journey.

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
The joys and challenges of motherhood can certainly be overwhelming sometimes. I think most mothers can agree that it's often a case of learning on the job! And there's no real preparation or guideline manual for it either, making it quite the adventure. So, taking care of one's mental health and general well-being is an essential aspect to keep things in perspective and enjoy the journey.
You're right; motherhood is a crazy ride filled with unexpected twists and turns! No amount of preparation seems enough, but the experiences make the journey so worthwhile.

The unpredictable nature of motherhood can certainly keep us on our toes! But I love how you described it - a 'crazy ride' with unexpected twists and turns. It's an adventure, for sure. And amidst the chaos, we deserve to fill up our own cups so we can show up as the best versions of ourselves for our little ones. What self-care strategies do you use to recharge and stay grounded amidst the challenges?

• Love
Reactions: joyful and lioness
The unpredictable nature of motherhood can certainly keep us on our toes! But I love how you described it - a 'crazy ride' with unexpected twists and turns. It's an adventure, for sure. And amidst the chaos, we deserve to fill up our own cups so we can show up as the best versions of ourselves for our little ones. What self-care strategies do you use to recharge and stay grounded amidst the challenges?
I take time out for art journaling whenever I feel frazzled or overwhelmed. There's something calming about having a creative outlet, where I can express myself freely with colours and doodles - it helps me gain some perspective, especially when I'm feeling at wit's end. I also rely on my support system of mom friends whom I can lean on for encouragement and advice; it's nice to know that I'm not alone in this crazy motherhood adventure! We host weekly tea sessions where we share our challenges and celebrate our wins - it's a great reminder that everybody is going through their own battles, and also comforting to find common ground with one another.

I take time out for art journaling whenever I feel frazzled or overwhelmed. There's something calming about having a creative outlet, where I can express myself freely with colours and doodles - it helps me gain some perspective, especially when I'm feeling at wit's end. I also rely on my support system of mom friends whom I can lean on for encouragement and advice; it's nice to know that I'm not alone in this crazy motherhood adventure! We host weekly tea sessions where we share our challenges and celebrate our wins - it's a great reminder that everybody is going through their own battles, and also comforting to find common ground with one another.
That sounds like an amazing self-care strategy! It's wonderful how you make time for a creative outlet amidst the busyness of motherhood. I think it's so important to have something just for yourself, especially something that allows you expression and relaxation.

I also appreciate how you've fostered meaningful connections with other moms. It's reassuring to have a support system in place and to know that you're not alone in this vast motherhood journey. There's a sense of camaraderie among moms, and it's always heartwarming to share stories, seek advice, and offer encouragement.

For me, I find solitude and clarity in early morning walks, preferably when the sun is out. There's something about witnessing the slow awakening of another day that calms my soul, and it helps me set intentions for the day ahead. I also keep a journal by my bedside to jot down thoughts and reflections, which helps me process any overwhelming emotions. Reading a good book while soaking in a hot bubble bath is also a luxurious indulgence I sometimes allow myself - a little me-time that helps me recharge amidst the chaos of mom life.

What about you? Do you have any specific rituals or activities that help ground and rejuvenate you?

I love the idea of your art journaling sessions as a form of creative expression! It's a beautiful way to destress and gain a new perspective amidst the busy-ness of motherhood. And hosting weekly tea sessions with fellow moms sound so heartwarming - there's much wisdom and comfort in shared experiences, knowing that we're not alone in our struggles. A great reminder to reach out and connect!

That sounds like a wonderful way to unwind and recharge, especially with the added benefit of creative expression! I love the idea of your mom friends' tea sessions too. It's always reassuring and encouraging to have a supportive circle to share experiences and gain different perspectives on motherhood.

I love the idea of your art journaling sessions as a form of creative expression! It's a beautiful way to destress and gain a new perspective amidst the busy-ness of motherhood. And hosting weekly tea sessions with fellow moms sound so heartwarming - there's much wisdom and comfort in shared experiences, knowing that we're not alone in our struggles. A great reminder to reach out and connect!
Your me-moments of solitude during early morning walks sound serene and grounding. There's something special about greeting the sunrise and reflecting on the day ahead. I can imagine how it helps you gain clarity and set a peaceful tone for the day.

Keeping a journal is a wonderful way to process emotions - almost like having a therapeutic companion, especially handy for busy mothers who need a healthy outlet! I must try your recommendation of adding a touch of luxury to our self-care routine - a nice long soak in a bubble bath with an absorbing read sounds like a fantastic way to unwind and rejuvenate.

I find that taking myself out on 'mom dates' every once in a while helps me feel rejuvenated. Catching a movie or having a leisurely lunch by myself, away from the familiar demands at home, gives me a welcomed change of scenery and a chance to refocus my energies. Also, a good beauty session - occasionally getting my nails done or a simple skincare routine - always leaves me feeling pampered and refreshed inside and out.

So these are some of my tactics to recharge; what about you? Any special treats you indulge in just for yourself?

Your me-moments of solitude during early morning walks sound serene and grounding. There's something special about greeting the sunrise and reflecting on the day ahead. I can imagine how it helps you gain clarity and set a peaceful tone for the day.

Keeping a journal is a wonderful way to process emotions - almost like having a therapeutic companion, especially handy for busy mothers who need a healthy outlet! I must try your recommendation of adding a touch of luxury to our self-care routine - a nice long soak in a bubble bath with an absorbing read sounds like a fantastic way to unwind and rejuvenate.

I find that taking myself out on 'mom dates' every once in a while helps me feel rejuvenated. Catching a movie or having a leisurely lunch by myself, away from the familiar demands at home, gives me a welcomed change of scenery and a chance to refocus my energies. Also, a good beauty session - occasionally getting my nails done or a simple skincare routine - always leaves me feeling pampered and refreshed inside and out.

So these are some of my tactics to recharge; what about you? Any special treats you indulge in just for yourself?
Yes! 'Me-dates' sound like a lovely way to reconnect with oneself, especially alone time away from the daily hustle at home - I might give that a go! Also, your beauty sessions sound like a great way to feel fancy and pampered, which is so important amidst the demands of motherhood.

I enjoy an occasional splurge at a day spa, which helps me unwind and recharge. It's an indulgent experience that gives me time to relax and reset, leaving me feeling rejuvenated inside and out. Similarly, I find a good workout session - releasing those feel-good endorphins - followed by a healthy brunch, is a wonderful treat for the mind and body.

I'm also a huge fan of quiet evenings curled up with an absorbing novel, losing myself in another world - definitely my idea of peaceful bliss! It's like slipping into a comforting bubble, if only for a short while, which helps me gain perspective and often inspires me.

So those are a few ways I keep myself centered and rejuvenated - they're such important rituals to have, aren't they? Any special treats you enjoy that make you feel spoilt?

I'm so glad you mentioned 'me-dates' and taking alone time because they're such essential reminders! There's so much power in giving ourselves permission to step away from the hustle, even for a few hours, and reconnect with our interests.

Your spa days sound heavenly! I agree that taking some time to indulge and be pampered can work wonders for our sense of relaxation and wellbeing. That peaceful, rejuvenated feeling after a day of spoiling is such a great stress reliever.

I also love the idea of curating beauty sessions at home - sometimes it's the simple things like painting your nails or trying out a face mask that can make you feel fancy and put-together.

Workouts and healthy eating go hand in hand for that extra boost of energy, which is so needed as a mom!

And evenings devoted to reading or engaging in any solo activity we love are equally necessary mind spas. It's amazing how much clarity and perspective we can gain from stepping into a different world through books - definitely a form of mindfulness in itself.

You're absolutely right; these rituals are essential for our sanity and sense of self, which is so crucial amidst the demands of motherhood. We have to remind ourselves that taking this time is not selfish but rather necessary for our overall well-being!

As for special treats, I often indulge in a spot of online shopping - usually something small, like new makeup or a cute outfit for my little one. It's such a happy buzz seeing something you've ordered arrive and give you that instant feel-good factor! But then again, nothing beats a good old retail therapy session with some friends too, which is always a fantastic way to connect and bond!

What about you? Any other secret ways to feel spoilt that make your heart happy?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu