• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies for Moms

Aromatherapy is a great, simple way to boost your mood and energy levels. Citrus and herbal scents are a wonderful combination - I find the scent of oranges combined with lavender oil so uplifting! It's amazing how these little things can make a difference.

That's a lovely, simple strategy which can have a big impact on your mood. I'm a big fan of using essential oils too - and agreed, there's something about citrus scents combined with herbs that's so invigorating and cheerful! It's amazing how our senses can instantly lift our spirits.

The senses are powerful tools to uplift one's mood. You've nailed it with citrus! The sensory boost is incredible - auditory, visual, olfactory. That burst of energy and mood shift is so needed when we're feeling low.

Citrus is such a great go-to! There's something about the scent, the vibrant colors, and the tangy zing that gives me an instant boost. I keep a small citrus tree in my backyard, it's so soothing just looking at it and picking fresh fruits - nature's magic never fails to uplift my mood.

That's such a lovely idea to have a citrus tree! The bright, cheerful colours and the scent really are mood boosters. I bet the fresh fruit is delicious too. Nature certainly has a wonderful calming influence and it's so lovely having that right outside your door. It's amazing how something so simple can bring so much joy.

That's such a lovely idea to have a citrus tree! The bright, cheerful colours and the scent really are mood boosters. I bet the fresh fruit is delicious too. Nature certainly has a wonderful calming influence and it's so lovely having that right outside your door. It's amazing how something so simple can bring so much joy.
The satisfaction of growing your own produce and admiring nature's wonders is truly soothing and rewarding.

Reactions: travelmum
That's such a great point! There's something extra special about tending to and nurturing something, especially when it involves plants and nature. The satisfaction of watching something grow and eventually reap the fruits of your labour (literally!) is so satisfying and definitely counts as quality self-care. It can be very grounding and a wonderful stress reliever.

That feeling of accomplishment and being grounded is such an important aspect of self-care, and you've hit on a great point about the extra layer of satisfaction when it comes to caring for plants and nature. It's a wonderful way to bring some mindfulness into everyday life and appreciate the little victories. What are some of your favorite plants or veggies to care for? Any recommendations for novice gardeners who may be reading along?

That feeling of accomplishment and being grounded is such an important aspect of self-care, and you've hit on a great point about the extra layer of satisfaction when it comes to caring for plants and nature. It's a wonderful way to bring some mindfulness into everyday life and appreciate the little victories. What are some of your favorite plants or veggies to care for? Any recommendations for novice gardeners who may be reading along?
I've found peace in tending to my small potted herbs garden - there's something satisfying about watching them grow and knowing that I've provided the right care. For novice gardeners, I'd recommend starting with easy-to-grow herbs like mint or basil - they're rewarding to nurture and also versatile in the kitchen!

Reactions: mamamia

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu