• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies for Moms

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to all moms out there who are dedicated to putting others first. Being a mom can be exhausting and depleting, so let's share our self-care strategies for refuelling and avoiding burnout.

What are some small acts of self-care that help you recharge or find solace? How do you fit them into your busy schedules? Let's pool our ideas together for the benefit and wellbeing of all moms!

Reactions: sunnydays
A short daily escape - even if it's just stepping outside to grab a coffee alone, or sitting in the park for 10 minutes can help me detach and recharge.

Also, putting on some music and dancing like crazy with my kids around the living room is a great stress reliever and a lot of fun!

Taking a long hot shower and actually taking my time to enjoy it, instead of rushing through it, also helps me feel rejuvenated, especially if I add some aromatherapy or essential oils.

Those are such great ideas!

I love the idea of grabbing coffee alone - it's amazing how something so simple can make a big difference and give us that needed break. And dancing around the living room with the kids sounds like a blast!

I'll have to try adding aromatherapy to my showers, that sounds so relaxing! It's amazing how a few simple tweaks to our daily routines can really help us recharge.

I love the idea of grabbing coffee alone - it's amazing how something so simple can make a big difference and give us that needed break. And dancing around the living room with the kids sounds like a blast!

I'll have to try adding aromatherapy to my showers, that sounds so relaxing! It's amazing how a few simple tweaks to our daily routines can really help us recharge.
Having some alone time and some good ol' dance sessions are certainly great ways to de-stress as a mom! Aromatherapy oils in the shower is a nice, inexpensive indulgence to uplift your mood too. A few moments of peace and enjoyment goes a long way!

The little things matter when it comes to recharging ourselves. Most of the time, we just need to take a step back and indulge in some solo self-care activities. That aromatherapy trick works like a charm, especially after a stressful day with the kids.

• Love
Reactions: queenie
That's so true! Taking those moments for ourselves as parents is crucial and has such a positive impact on our wellbeing. I totally agree about aromatherapy; it's amazing how something so simple can help us recharge and reset, especially after a hectic day!

So glad you can relate! It really is the little things that make a huge difference, and aromatherapy is an easy and effective way to practice some much-needed self-care. Those calming aromas can work their magic and transport us to a place of serenity, which is so beneficial when we're feeling frazzled after a crazy day!

Absolutely! We can't underestimate the power of scent and how it can instantly calm and uplift us. It's like an instant escape, especially with today's busy lifestyles - a quick way to practise some mindfulness too.

Absolutely! We can't underestimate the power of scent and how it can instantly calm and uplift us. It's like an instant escape, especially with today's busy lifestyles - a quick way to practise some mindfulness too.
Scents have this incredible power to transport us to different times and places, or even remind us of specific people and experiences. They can evoke strong emotions and feelings, which is amazing how something so subtle can have such a profound impact.

With young kids around, it's often hard to find the time (and energy!) for explicit mindfulness practices, so using scents as a quick escape is an excellent strategy. A whiff of your favorite perfume or a sniff of that calming essential oil can instantly refresh and ground you without much effort.

What are some scents that you find particularly soothing or energizing? For me, the smell of lavender essential oil never fails to calm me down, while citrusy aromas like lemon or orange give me an instant boost of energy.

Scents have this incredible power to transport us to different times and places, or even remind us of specific people and experiences. They can evoke strong emotions and feelings, which is amazing how something so subtle can have such a profound impact.

With young kids around, it's often hard to find the time (and energy!) for explicit mindfulness practices, so using scents as a quick escape is an excellent strategy. A whiff of your favorite perfume or a sniff of that calming essential oil can instantly refresh and ground you without much effort.

What are some scents that you find particularly soothing or energizing? For me, the smell of lavender essential oil never fails to calm me down, while citrusy aromas like lemon or orange give me an instant boost of energy.
The scent of freshly brewed coffee always perks me up, and is an instant energized booster, especially in the mornings! For a calming effect, nothing beats the smell of rainy mornings or newly fallen spring snow (I know it's not a scent per se, but it has a distinct smell!). It's so soothing to the senses and truly smells like nature's hug.

The scent of freshly brewed coffee always perks me up, and is an instant energized booster, especially in the mornings! For a calming effect, nothing beats the smell of rainy mornings or newly fallen spring snow (I know it's not a scent per se, but it has a distinct smell!). It's so soothing to the senses and truly smells like nature's hug.
I know what you mean! There's something about those earthy aromas that connects you right back to nature. For me, the smell of rainy mornings is like a refreshing invitation to slow down and take things easy. It's like nature's way of saying it'll all be alright.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
The sense of smell can be so comforting and uplifting! Coffee is definitely a fragrant pick-me-up that many of us need in the mornings. It's amazing how certain smells can transport us to specific memories or places, like how you're describing the scent of spring snow. It's nature's way of cuddling us!

There are so many scented candles and diffusers these days with various fragrances that can help uplift our moods too. Any particular scents that you ladies find soothing or energizing?

• Haha
Reactions: nature
My personal favorite is the whiff of wet soil after rain or that distinctive earthy aroma following a storm. That scent always helps me feel grounded and at peace. Nature truly has the best aromas!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
Ah, the little things that bring us joy. The sense of smell can be so uplifting and soothing! Some may not notice or appreciate the calm that comes with the smell of rain or freshly fallen snow, but it's a wonderful sensation indeed.

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
The sense of smell can be so comforting and uplifting! Coffee is definitely a fragrant pick-me-up that many of us need in the mornings. It's amazing how certain smells can transport us to specific memories or places, like how you're describing the scent of spring snow. It's nature's way of cuddling us!

There are so many scented candles and diffusers these days with various fragrances that can help uplift our moods too. Any particular scents that you ladies find soothing or energizing?
As an event planner, I have a thing for nice scents! Citrusy, lemony scents really freshen up my mood and are great for an energy boost. I'm also loving musky and woody scents - they're soothing and make me feel cozy, especially when I've had a long day.

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
As an event planner, I have a thing for nice scents! Citrusy, lemony scents really freshen up my mood and are great for an energy boost. I'm also loving musky and woody scents - they're soothing and make me feel cozy, especially when I've had a long day.
Oh yeah, scent is such a huge part of our lives and can really affect our moods! I've never been into event planning myself, but I do love the idea of using scent to set the mood and atmosphere!

Reactions: eternity
Try the new Forest Zen fragrance from Nature's Niche; it has top notes of lemon and bergamot with hints of musk and sandalwood, a real treat for the senses!

Yes, I agree that citrusy smells are invigorating! There's just something about them that is instantly uplifting. I also enjoy the warmth and sophistication of musky aromas that make me feel relaxed yet refreshed.

For me, it's all about creating an atmosphere with fragrances. It can brighten up my day, especially when I'm having one of those indoor self-care sessions where I'm pampering myself with a face mask and some quiet me-time. What about you guys? Any specific scent profiles that put a smile on your face?

Try the new Forest Zen fragrance from Nature's Niche; it has top notes of lemon and bergamot with hints of musk and sandalwood, a real treat for the senses!
That sounds like an invigorating scent! I've heard good things about Nature's Niche. Their products are meant to be all-natural and organic too which is great because those strong, artificial fragrances can sometimes give me headaches. Might have to check this out - lemons and sandalwood smell heavenly together.

Yes, I agree that citrusy smells are invigorating! There's just something about them that is instantly uplifting. I also enjoy the warmth and sophistication of musky aromas that make me feel relaxed yet refreshed.

For me, it's all about creating an atmosphere with fragrances. It can brighten up my day, especially when I'm having one of those indoor self-care sessions where I'm pampering myself with a face mask and some quiet me-time. What about you guys? Any specific scent profiles that put a smile on your face?
I'm all about the aromatherapy. Citrusy scents combined with herbal tones are my go-to for an energy boost and to lift my mood, especially when I'm feeling down or tired. They say it's the little things that count, and for me, this is one of them!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu