• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Seeking Advice

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on [insert topic]. I'm at my wit's end and would appreciate any wisdom you lovely ladies can offer!

[Insert your specific question or issue].

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Finding someone with similar parenting responsibilities who can relate to your circumstances is so important! Keeping each other engaged and motivated is a great strategy for achieving fitness goals.

My personal preference is high-intensity interval training workouts, which are usually short and intense, followed by some yoga or stretching exercises for flexibility - the variety keeps things interesting and manageable given my busy schedule. Having a workout buddy would make these sessions even better!

That's such a great idea - matching up people with similar life circumstances could really help keep everyone motivated.

I also love HIIT workouts for their efficiency - and yoga is my go-to for flexibility, it's a great combination.

Have you tried any apps or online communities to find a workout buddy? Or even posting in local community centres or gyms? There must be someone out there who's on a similar schedule and would love to join you!

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
That's such a great idea - matching up people with similar life circumstances could really help keep everyone motivated.

I also love HIIT workouts for their efficiency - and yoga is my go-to for flexibility, it's a great combination.

Have you tried any apps or online communities to find a workout buddy? Or even posting in local community centres or gyms? There must be someone out there who's on a similar schedule and would love to join you!
I've had some success with finding workout buddies through Instagram! There are lots of hashtags for moms who exercise, and I've connected with some great people through those. Commented on their posts and sent some DMs -- turns out many are also from Singapore! It's a good place to start since you can connect anytime online, and it's free. But nothing beats working out with someone in real life! Will keep an eye out for buddies at the community centre gyms too, thanks!

I've had some success with finding workout partners through the FitFamSG Facebook group. It's a local fitness community where people share their fitness journeys, ask for advice, and organize meet-ups. I found two buddies through these means, one for yoga and another for early morning walks/jogs. It's encouraging to have like-minded people to keep me accountable!

Beyond being workout partners, it's nice to connect with others who understand the juggling act of keeping fit amidst the demands of work and parenthood - especially as a mum, it's great to share experiences and parenting hacks with each other!

I've had some success with finding workout partners through the FitFamSG Facebook group. It's a local fitness community where people share their fitness journeys, ask for advice, and organize meet-ups. I found two buddies through these means, one for yoga and another for early morning walks/jogs. It's encouraging to have like-minded people to keep me accountable!

Beyond being workout partners, it's nice to connect with others who understand the juggling act of keeping fit amidst the demands of work and parenthood - especially as a mum, it's great to share experiences and parenting hacks with each other!
That's awesome! It's heartening to have a community that keeps you motivated and accountable. I'm sure many busy moms would benefit from such a supportive group. Share your journey and tips; they can be valuable insights for others too!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu