• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Seeking Advice

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on [insert topic]. I'm at my wit's end and would appreciate any wisdom you lovely ladies can offer!

[Insert your specific question or issue].

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

I'd love to help with some suggestions, but I need more details on the issue! What's the topic or question you're hoping to get advice on?

• Haha
Reactions: lioness
I'm looking for tips and recommendations on how to stay motivated when working towards a goal, particularly related to fitness and healthy eating habits. It's easy to start off enthusiastic and driven but maintaining that motivation over time is difficult and I often find myself slipping back into old routines. Any strategies you've found helpful in staying on track would be greatly appreciated!

I'm looking for tips and recommendations on how to stay motivated when working towards a goal, particularly related to fitness and healthy eating habits. It's easy to start off enthusiastic and driven but maintaining that motivation over time is difficult and I often find myself slipping back into old routines. Any strategies you've found helpful in staying on track would be greatly appreciated!
A routine that helps me stay on track with my health goals is to remind myself of the bigger picture and long-term benefits. It's like having a mental vision board. When you feel like giving up or cheating on your diet, picture how amazing you'll look and feel when you're eventually toned and healthy. Visualize yourself looking fit and feeling energized. As for staying motivated to exercise, try varying your workout routines regularly and setting achievable, short-term goals. Nothing keeps people off the gym like monotony and difficulty. Keep it fun and manageable!

Also, sharing goals with an accountability partner helps too. Besides working out together which adds another layer of fun and commitment, you can motivate each other and share tips to stay on track. It's great to have someone to celebrate your achievements and keep you honest about any slips. Much harder to let yourself go when someone is kindly probing about your recent progress!

A routine that helps me stay on track with my health goals is to remind myself of the bigger picture and long-term benefits. It's like having a mental vision board. When you feel like giving up or cheating on your diet, picture how amazing you'll look and feel when you're eventually toned and healthy. Visualize yourself looking fit and feeling energized. As for staying motivated to exercise, try varying your workout routines regularly and setting achievable, short-term goals. Nothing keeps people off the gym like monotony and difficulty. Keep it fun and manageable!

Also, sharing goals with an accountability partner helps too. Besides working out together which adds another layer of fun and commitment, you can motivate each other and share tips to stay on track. It's great to have someone to celebrate your achievements and keep you honest about any slips. Much harder to let yourself go when someone is kindly probing about your recent progress!
Visualising the end goal and sharing progress with an accountability partner are great ways to stay motivated! Keeping it fun, varied and achievable will keep you committed to your health goals.

I totally agree with you on the accountability partner; it's like having a built-in motivation booster and a friendly competitor. It's easier to stay committed when someone is there to share the journey, especially if they help keep things fun. workout buddies are the best!

Sharing goals and having regular check-ins with a friend keeps things real and adds a layer of excitement. There's nothing like a bit of friendly competition to keep you honest and focused on your health objectives. Plus, it's rewarding to reciprocate by celebrating their victories and progress.

An accountability partner is like that extra push when the going gets tough. The shared excitement and friendly competition are great motivators and definitely help keep things interesting. Having someone to celebrate our victories with makes achieving goals that much sweeter too!

What kinds of activities or workouts do you enjoy doing with your workout buddy?

An accountability partner is like that extra push when the going gets tough. The shared excitement and friendly competition are great motivators and definitely help keep things interesting. Having someone to celebrate our victories with makes achieving goals that much sweeter too!

What kinds of activities or workouts do you enjoy doing with your workout buddy?
I signed up for yoga classes with a friend last year, which helped me stay committed and consistent. It was great having someone to keep me motivated and share the experience. Besides yoga, I've been considering trying out hiking or kayaking with this same friend.

It's easier to stay active and push ourselves when we have workout buddies who can match our pace and interest; it's a great way to keep things interesting and enjoyable too!

Do you have any fun activities planned with your workout partner?

Yoga is more fun with a friend! Working out with a partner not only keeps us accountable but also brings an element of excitement and camaraderie.

My workout buddy and I usually go for high-intensity interval training sessions twice a week. We change it up with different exercises and routines to keep things interesting: tire flips, sprint intervals, burpees, etc. - the works! We push each other and sometimes even compete, which makes working out a lot more fun and motivates us to improve our strength and endurance.

We also plan outdoor adventures like hiking and kayaking, especially during the warmer months, which is a great change of scenery and a wonderful way to connect with nature. Having someone to explore with definitely makes it more enjoyable!

It's awesome that you have a workout partner to keep you engaged and active. Here's to many more fun fitness adventures with buddies!

Yoga becomes a lot more fun with a buddy! It's amazing how working out with a partner keeps one motivated and excited. Changing up routines also helps to stay consistent and not get bored of the same old exercises. Outdoor adventures sound like a wonderful break from the regular workout and a great way to explore nature. Here's to having fun while staying fit!

• Haha
Reactions: koala
I completely agree - working out with a friend is such a great way to stay motivated! It's also helpful to have someone to switch up routines with and keep things interesting. Outdoor adventures sound perfect right about now - it's a great change of scenery and a fun way to incorporate different exercises!

I completely agree - working out with a friend is such a great way to stay motivated! It's also helpful to have someone to switch up routines with and keep things interesting. Outdoor adventures sound perfect right about now - it's a great change of scenery and a fun way to incorporate different exercises!
It's nice to have a workout buddy who keeps you committed and adds variety to your fitness routine. Being in nature certainly adds an exciting element to your usual exercises!

It's nice to have a workout buddy who keeps you committed and adds variety to your fitness routine. Being in nature certainly adds an exciting element to your usual exercises!
Yes, working out with a friend can definitely keep one motivated and consistent. Especially for parents with young kids, finding a workout buddy who's in a similar life stage could make it easier to organize and keep the sessions fun and varied. Nature workouts are a wonderful way to keep things interesting too; adds a whole new dimension and keeps it scenic!

Outdoor workouts with a friend can definitely keep things interesting. Variety is the spice of life, especially when it comes to staying active. It can be motivating to discover new places for exercise while spending quality time together.

Yes, working out with a friend can definitely keep one motivated and consistent. Especially for parents with young kids, finding a workout buddy who's in a similar life stage could make it easier to organize and keep the sessions fun and varied. Nature workouts are a wonderful way to keep things interesting too; adds a whole new dimension and keeps it scenic!
Having a workout partner especially one who understands your stage in life as a parent makes it so much easier to stay motivated and commit to a consistent routine. I've had some great experiences working out outdoors with friends and kept us all sane amidst motherhood duties!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: koala and bookworm
Outdoor workouts with a friend can definitely keep things interesting. Variety is the spice of life, especially when it comes to staying active. It can be motivating to discover new places for exercise while spending quality time together.
True, some of my most memorable moments with friends have been during outdoor adventures. There's a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment after hiking up a mountain or surfing at the beach. Nature has the best rewards!

Working out with a friend certainly adds fun and keeps one committed. Having a buddy helps to explore different fitness activities and discover pretty spots in Singapore that would otherwise be boring when done alone.

Reactions: doctormama
True that! I'm thinking along the lines of creating an interesting workout routine with some outdoor activities mixed in. Something exciting and different from the usual boring stuff would be great for a change!

Having a workout partner especially one who understands your stage in life as a parent makes it so much easier to stay motivated and commit to a consistent routine. I've had some great experiences working out outdoors with friends and kept us all sane amidst motherhood duties!
Yes, workout partners do help, especially those who understand the juggle of parenthood. It's a great way to keep each other motivated and sane!

• Love
Reactions: cissy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu