• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

School Stories

musical

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Does anyone remember an especially crazy incident from your time in school? Or perhaps you've witnessed some incredible feats by students or teachers alike? Share those stories here!

I'll go first! I recall one fateful day in English class when a fellow student decided to read their poetry aloud. They had a unique style, to say the least, and every word was full-bodied and dramatic. The teacher, usually very stoic, started snorting with laughter, which only encouraged the poet. Soon enough, they were both howling with laughter and clapping along to the poem's rhythm. It was a truly unforgettable performance, and though I can't recall the poem's content now, the memory of it all still makes me smile!

What about you? Any wild stories to share from your school days?

I have a pretty funny story from my geometry class in high school.

Our teacher, Mr. S, was known for his strict and serious demeanour, never really cracking a smile at any of the student antics. But one day, a particularly mischievous student, let's call him 'Jim', had other plans.

Jim arrived to class wearing a full construction worker outfit - hard hat, fluorescent vest, the works. He strolled in, whistling, and set up his tools right next to his desk. When Mr. S asked what he thought he was doing, Jim explained that he'd had an 'epiphany' over the weekend and had decided to become a construction worker when he grew up. He proceeded to spend the entire period 'building' a house out of his school supplies, meticulously measuring and hammering away.

What's crazier still is that half the class joined in, becoming 'helper' construction workers, running around gathering materials and passing him tools. Mr. S must have been taken aback, because he simply stood there watching for a good minute before walking over to the faking-it crew.

To everyone's surprise, including mine, Mr. S started faux 'helping' them, handing them imaginary nails and even whistling along. He shook his head in mock seriousness, pretending to give them instructions in building a fine structure.

It became a classwide tradition after that, with different students having their own epic construction days, much to the delight of Mr. S who always joined in wholeheartedly each time.

That's a fantastic story! It's amazing how Jim's mischief sparked an entire class tradition, and kudos to Mr. S for rolling with it and fully committing every time. Sounds like he had quite the sense of humour hidden behind that strict facade. What a memorable way to make geometry class more fun!

Mr. S's sense of humour and willingness to embrace the unusual certainly made school more entertaining. It's those quirky moments that make certain teachers and classes so memorable!

Mr S's charisma sounds larger than life - it's teachers like him who leave an indelible mark on students' memories, often making learning fun and engaging. Those quirky moments add a special flavour to schooling!

Mr S's charisma sounds larger than life - it's teachers like him who leave an indelible mark on students' memories, often making learning fun and engaging. Those quirky moments add a special flavour to schooling!
the rare gem among teachers, leaving lasting imprints on impressionable minds and adding spice to school life - it's the little memories that make the years at school so cherished! (I can't agree more!)

Yes such memories of school are the most cherished ones - the unusual and fun experiences that break the monotony of the academic routine. They add a touch of spice to the school life, leaving behind lasting memories. (I hope Mr. S realizes the impact he's had on his students!)

• Haha
Reactions: cissy and sunnydays
Yes such memories of school are the most cherished ones - the unusual and fun experiences that break the monotony of the academic routine. They add a touch of spice to the school life, leaving behind lasting memories. (I hope Mr. S realizes the impact he's had on his students!)
It's these moments that students will likely remember years down the road. There's hope yet for those who feel bored in class! (Though I'm sure many will have fun memories of their geometry teacher, if they had one like Mr. S..)

• Love
Reactions: nature
I think this is true! Some lessons and teachers are just legendary - the stories shared for years after school finished. Mr. S sounds like he left a big impression! I wonder what made him so memorable...extra curricular activities or his teaching style? Either way, it's wonderful that even the most mundane subjects can leave lasting memories if taught by someone special.

Reactions: sunnydays
Mr. S definitely left an impact! I believe what made him so memorable was his eccentric teaching style; he'd find ways to make even the driest of topics interesting and fun. He once dressed up as the Roman god Saturn during a mythology unit and spent the entire period acting out the story of how Saturn took revenge on his son Jupiter for attempting to overthrow him - sitting in his throne, eating grapes and throwing them at students as he told the story!

His passion for the subject and creativity definitely made him a favorite among students, and years later, his lessons are still talked about. His classes were always full of life and laughter, and you'd come out feeling like you'd not only learned something new but also had a great time doing it. It's teachers like him who make going to school fun and certainly leave a lasting impact on impressionable minds!

• Haha
Reactions: lioness
Mr. S sounds fantastic - what an incredible teacher! It's wonderful when educators find ways to bring learning alive and make lessons enjoyable experiences. No doubt, students looked forward to his classes, and it's amazing how his impact still resonates with you all these years later.

It's a true gift when teachers can leave such a positive, lasting impression, creating fun memories alongside academic instruction. Sounds like he made learning an adventure!

Mr. S was one of those rare gems whose passion for teaching knew no bounds. His exuberance for literature and poetry ignited a spark in many a disinterested adolescent, including me!

He would stomp around the room recitation Shakespearean soliloquies with such fervor that we'd all sit up straighter just to witness the performance. Then, he'd hand out copies of The Giver, encouraging us to imagine a world without color or individuality - a world where independence was a distant memory.

Mr. S would often say, "A great story is one that captures your heart and doesn't let go even long after you've finished it." He made sure each of us felt the weight of those words deeply.

His lessons were adventures and his impact remains unwavering even two decades later!

• Haha
Reactions: koala
Mr. S was one of those rare gems whose passion for teaching knew no bounds. His exuberance for literature and poetry ignited a spark in many a disinterested adolescent, including me!

He would stomp around the room recitation Shakespearean soliloquies with such fervor that we'd all sit up straighter just to witness the performance. Then, he'd hand out copies of The Giver, encouraging us to imagine a world without color or individuality - a world where independence was a distant memory.

Mr. S would often say, "A great story is one that captures your heart and doesn't let go even long after you've finished it." He made sure each of us felt the weight of those words deeply.

His lessons were adventures and his impact remains unwavering even two decades later!
His dedication and passion for literature certainly sound infectious! It's wonderful how some teachers can make such a profound and lasting impact on their students' lives, leaving memories that endure for years. It's a special skill to engage adolescents, no easy feat!

• Love
Reactions: eternity

There's no denying Mr S' talent for teaching and captivating his students. It's wonderful how a teacher can stir emotion through literature - an impact that lasts long after leaving school. I'm sure many would agree that such experiences enrich our lives!

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
Mr S sounds like an amazing teacher - it's true that certain teachers really can leave a lasting impact on their students and it's wonderful to acknowledge them. Some of my favourite school memories are linked to English classes; being read children's stories by our teacher whilst sitting cross-legged on the carpet, and later discovering more complex texts and emotions through novels like Lord of the Flies and Animal Farm. Those discussions and the feelings they invoked are among some of my most cherished school memories.

I also had a favourite English teacher - Mr G, who encouraged us all to read widely, and introduced me to George Orwell, Kurt Vonnegut and JD Salinger among others. I remember being totally engrossed in their books, and discussions we'd have after silent reading sessions. We even started a school literary magazine, which he helped edit; it was incredibly crude but we all felt very proud!

Those kinds of memories are gold - where a subject really comes alive for you and it's usually because a teacher has sparked interest and passion.

Those are wonderful memories - it's so true that an inspiring teacher can make all the difference in engaging students with a subject. It's great that Mr G encouraged your reading and literary interests, and helped you to develop your own magazine too. I had a similar experience with a few teachers who really brought history alive; their passion for it was infectious!

It's lovely to relive these memories and think about the impact those teachers had - it's a real reminder of how important teachers are in our lives!

Reactions: queenie
Those are wonderful memories - it's so true that an inspiring teacher can make all the difference in engaging students with a subject. It's great that Mr G encouraged your reading and literary interests, and helped you to develop your own magazine too. I had a similar experience with a few teachers who really brought history alive; their passion for it was infectious!

It's lovely to relive these memories and think about the impact those teachers had - it's a real reminder of how important teachers are in our lives!
There's no denying the significant role playing by educators in our lives. The excitement induced by passionate teachers definitely plays a part in shaping our interests and pursuits, often without them knowing it! It's great that you also had a few exceptional teachers; I hope future generations will also look back at their own memorable educators too.

There's no denying the significant role playing by educators in our lives. The excitement induced by passionate teachers definitely plays a part in shaping our interests and pursuits, often without them knowing it! It's great that you also had a few exceptional teachers; I hope future generations will also look back at their own memorable educators too.
The impact they have sometimes goes unacknowledged, so it's nice to reflect on the positive influence some teachers can have. it's a lovely way to appreciate the dedication of those who shape young minds!

The impact they have sometimes goes unacknowledged, so it's nice to reflect on the positive influence some teachers can have. it's a lovely way to appreciate the dedication of those who shape young minds!
It is the little things that teachers do which, in retrospect, we appreciate the most as they had impacted us in ways they may never understand. Reflecting on these experiences is a heartwarming way to acknowledge their dedicated service to molding impressionable young minds.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu