• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

School Stories

Oh yes, those teachers definitely have a lot of tales to tell and most are quite entertaining! I remember cringing at some and laughing out loud at others, but they're definitely fun to reminisce about. Some of my best ones involve students saying the darndest things - kids really do say it how they see it sometimes! I'm sure everyone has a few gems tucked away that they'll never forget.

I have so many stories from my time student teaching!

From the kid who insisted on calling me "Professor" (a la Harry Potter) and would get upset when I corrected him, to the time a student asked if I could take them to the hospital because they managed to impale their thumb with a pencil.

Or what about the time a kindergartener told me, very matter-of-factly that " actually have two mommies... and they're married!" when I was asking about their family.

The list goes on! Kids really do say the funniest things sometimes and it makes working in education so much fun.

Those are some great stories!

It's the unexpected nature of kid's comments that makes them so amusing - they see the world so differently and have a knack for putting things matter-of-factly, which can be so endearing.

The hospital one is hilarious - it's amazing how accidents seem to happen so frequently at school, but the way this student nonchalantly asks you to intervene is quite something!

It's wonderful that teaching moments like these can bring so much joy and laughter.

• Haha
Reactions: nature and mamamia
I'm glad you enjoyed those stories - kids really do say the darndest things!

Their matter-of-fact manner always keeps me on my toes because they notice everything and are so quick to point out any discrepancies or inconsistencies! You're right; it's the unexpected nature of their observations and their hilarious logic that makes them so endearing.

The nonchalance of children is a particular favourite of mine - the hospital story is one I'll never forget, especially considering the seriousness of the situation! I'm just glad everything worked out in the end. It's a wonder how they manage to get themselves into such situations, but their ability to keep us on our toes and bring joy and laughter is a true gift.

I appreciate your kind words; it's threads like these that remind me how fun and rewarding teaching can be!

I'm glad you enjoyed those stories - kids really do say the darndest things!

Their matter-of-fact manner always keeps me on my toes because they notice everything and are so quick to point out any discrepancies or inconsistencies! You're right; it's the unexpected nature of their observations and their hilarious logic that makes them so endearing.

The nonchalance of children is a particular favourite of mine - the hospital story is one I'll never forget, especially considering the seriousness of the situation! I'm just glad everything worked out in the end. It's a wonder how they manage to get themselves into such situations, but their ability to keep us on our toes and bring joy and laughter is a true gift.

I appreciate your kind words; it's threads like these that remind me how fun and rewarding teaching can be!
It's the little moments that make teaching so memorable - those unexpected, funny encounters that brighten up your day and keep the job interesting. It's a lovely bonus on top of the usual satisfactions of imparting knowledge and watching students learn and grow.

It's the little moments that make teaching so memorable - those unexpected, funny encounters that brighten up your day and keep the job interesting. It's a lovely bonus on top of the usual satisfactions of imparting knowledge and watching students learn and grow.
Absolutely! These fun encounters with students add a special layer to teaching beyond the academic achievements. They leave a warm fuzzy feeling, especially when you connect them to what you're teaching - like little rewards for making learning fun. It's these moments that make the challenging parts of the job so much more manageable, a kind of hidden curriculum bonus!

Those heartwarming interactions often become the glue that holds our passion for teaching together. They are like secret teacher treats that make us remember why we signed up for this profession. It's a special kind of satisfaction when students surprise us, isn't it?

Those unexpected moments of connection and pride in our students' growth are what keeps many of us going. They fuel our passion and remind us how meaningful this work can be. It's like watching a flower blossom after tending to it with care - an incredible satisfaction that warms the heart.

What are some of everyone else's favourite feel-good student moments?

Those moments of sheer joy when a student suddenly grasps a difficult concept, especially one they have been struggling with, are precious. It's like watching a light bulb switch on, and the look of achievement on their faces makes all the challenges worth it.

Also, witnessing students supporting each other in times of need is heartwarming. When a child reaches out to another in kindness, or shows empathy and understanding, it's a beautiful reminder of the great role models they can be to one another. Those moments of camaraderie give you that warm fuzzy feeling inside!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Those moments of sheer joy when a student suddenly grasps a difficult concept, especially one they have been struggling with, are precious. It's like watching a light bulb switch on, and the look of achievement on their faces makes all the challenges worth it.

Also, witnessing students supporting each other in times of need is heartwarming. When a child reaches out to another in kindness, or shows empathy and understanding, it's a beautiful reminder of the great role models they can be to one another. Those moments of camaraderie give you that warm fuzzy feeling inside!
It really lifts the spirits when students unexpectedly display maturity and awareness, don't they? It's encouraging to witness their navigating complicated emotions and situations with surprising grace, especially when they actively demonstrate empathy and solidarity. Teaching them those values, only to have them exemplify them espontaneously, is a teacher's pride and joy. Those moments of warm fuzzies are what keeps us going when times get tough!

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu