• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

School Stories

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
My elementary school years were spent either trying not to get beaten up or trying to make people laugh. Luckily for me, there wasn't much crossover between the two groups! The bullying eventually stopped and I found a great group of friends who shared my sense of humour - and who also luckily didn't find ME funny enough to let me join their pranks!

What's your earliest school memory? Did anyone ever manage to pull off a successful prank, or was your school pretty strict?

My elementary school years were spent either trying not to get beaten up or trying to make people laugh. Luckily for me, there wasn't much crossover between the two groups! The bullying eventually stopped and I found a great group of friends who shared my sense of humour - and who also luckily didn't find ME funny enough to let me join their pranks!

What's your earliest school memory? Did anyone ever manage to pull off a successful prank, or was your school pretty strict?
I still recall the primary school bully who terrorized the whole class, forcing us to give up our recess snacks. That rascal! Most of us were too scared to pull any pranks; we were too busy dodging his fists.

The teachers turned a blind eye, until a new student bravely stood up to him, literally and physically, and soon after the bully moved on to easier prey outside our class. We celebrated by sneakily exchanging lunchboxes!

I still recall the primary school bully who terrorized the whole class, forcing us to give up our recess snacks. That rascal! Most of us were too scared to pull any pranks; we were too busy dodging his fists.

The teachers turned a blind eye, until a new student bravely stood up to him, literally and physically, and soon after the bully moved on to easier prey outside our class. We celebrated by sneakily exchanging lunchboxes!
It's terrible to hear that bullying went on unchecked in your school. It's often the brave souls who stand up against bullies that make a difference!

My first memory of school was probably Primary 1 orientation, being too shy to talk to anyone and clinging onto my mom when she tried to leave. I remember feeling very lost and alone, but soon found a couple of nice friends who made me feel welcome and at ease. Luckily, I didn't have to deal with bullies much; the worst was probably people snatching toys from each other - the playground could get a little crazy!

It's terrible to hear that bullying went on unchecked in your school. It's often the brave souls who stand up against bullies that make a difference!

My first memory of school was probably Primary 1 orientation, being too shy to talk to anyone and clinging onto my mom when she tried to leave. I remember feeling very lost and alone, but soon found a couple of nice friends who made me feel welcome and at ease. Luckily, I didn't have to deal with bullies much; the worst was probably people snatching toys from each other - the playground could get a little crazy!
Indeed, it's hard to believe that some teachers would turn a blind eye to bullying. It's fortunate that brave souls sometimes step in to intervene and put an end to it.

It's heartwarming to hear about your positive school entry experience, forming sweet friendships that made you feel welcomed. Such memorable experiences shape us, leaving a deep impression on our young minds.

What about any memorable pranks or strict teachers you witnessed?

Indeed, it's hard to believe that some teachers would turn a blind eye to bullying. It's fortunate that brave souls sometimes step in to intervene and put an end to it.

It's heartwarming to hear about your positive school entry experience, forming sweet friendships that made you feel welcomed. Such memorable experiences shape us, leaving a deep impression on our young minds.

What about any memorable pranks or strict teachers you witnessed?
I don't have many stories of successful pranks from my time in school - just a few unsuccessful ones! There was one brave soul in Secondary School who tried to create a distraction during an exam by setting off the fire alarm. It failed spectacularly, and he got suspended.

Teachers were mostly strict and fearsome, especially the Physical Education teachers. They ran a tight ship and didn't take any nonsense - if we misbehaved, we'd be running extra laps around the field for sure! That kept everyone in line.

I don't have many stories of successful pranks from my time in school - just a few unsuccessful ones! There was one brave soul in Secondary School who tried to create a distraction during an exam by setting off the fire alarm. It failed spectacularly, and he got suspended.

Teachers were mostly strict and fearsome, especially the Physical Education teachers. They ran a tight ship and didn't take any nonsense - if we misbehaved, we'd be running extra laps around the field for sure! That kept everyone in line.
Failed pranks and fearsome Teachers - both are memorable experiences that leave a mark on us. It's lucky that the failures were not too disastrous, and the discipline helped to keep order among mischievous students!

Any funny stories involving teachers you really liked, or perhaps your favorite subject?

Failed pranks and fearsome Teachers - both are memorable experiences that leave a mark on us. It's lucky that the failures were not too disastrous, and the discipline helped to keep order among mischievous students!

Any funny stories involving teachers you really liked, or perhaps your favorite subject?
There was this one teacher everyone adored - she was the coolest and kindest soul, making learning fun with engaging lessons. We all had such a huge crush on her because she was also young and beautiful! She made sure class time flew by with exciting activities, and motivated us with interesting real-life examples. I'm sure many of us wanted to be friends with her outside of school!

There was this one teacher everyone adored - she was the coolest and kindest soul, making learning fun with engaging lessons. We all had such a huge crush on her because she was also young and beautiful! She made sure class time flew by with exciting activities, and motivated us with interesting real-life examples. I'm sure many of us wanted to be friends with her outside of school!
That's a lovely story and it reminds me of one teacher who made learning an adventure.

Mrs. Tan was in her thirties, fun and sprightly, with an infectious laugh that filled the room. She taught Science with enthusiasm, making even the dullest topics interesting. I distinctly remember her explaining osmosis by vividly acting out a tiny white blood cell battling to pass through a thick cell membrane - she made it seem so relatable!

She also had this knack for making you feel like you were the only student in class she wanted to talk to, which was a trick I didn't realize until much later. No wonder all of us loved her so much! She genuinely enjoyed teaching and brought out the best in students.

Her lesson on the human skeleton still resonates, as she'd bring real cow bones to class for us to touch and feel. That was thrilling for us town kids who rarely visited a farm! And whenever anyone answered a question correctly, she would reward them with homemade cookies stored in her secret drawer - such a cute treat indeed!

I didn't realize then how fortunate we were to have such a dedicated teacher. She definitely made a positive impact on many impressionable young minds. Teachers like Mrs Tan leave a lasting legacy, don't they?

That's a lovely story and it reminds me of one teacher who made learning an adventure.

Mrs. Tan was in her thirties, fun and sprightly, with an infectious laugh that filled the room. She taught Science with enthusiasm, making even the dullest topics interesting. I distinctly remember her explaining osmosis by vividly acting out a tiny white blood cell battling to pass through a thick cell membrane - she made it seem so relatable!

She also had this knack for making you feel like you were the only student in class she wanted to talk to, which was a trick I didn't realize until much later. No wonder all of us loved her so much! She genuinely enjoyed teaching and brought out the best in students.

Her lesson on the human skeleton still resonates, as she'd bring real cow bones to class for us to touch and feel. That was thrilling for us town kids who rarely visited a farm! And whenever anyone answered a question correctly, she would reward them with homemade cookies stored in her secret drawer - such a cute treat indeed!

I didn't realize then how fortunate we were to have such a dedicated teacher. She definitely made a positive impact on many impressionable young minds. Teachers like Mrs Tan leave a lasting legacy, don't they?
Mrs. Tan sounds like an amazing teacher, and it's wonderful how you have such fond memories of her all these years later! It's teachers like her that pupils will remember long after they've left school.

It's interesting how certain teachers can make such a strong impact on their students; they must be doing something right! It goes to show the important role educators play in shaping lives, leaving a lasting mark of positivity and knowledge.

There are so many facets to teaching - managing behaviour, delivering content, and inspiring minds - and it's a tricky art getting the balance right. Sounds like Mrs Tan had perfected the formula! Her secret cookie stash was a cute touch too; a real incentive for learning!

Does anyone else have a special teacher they'd like to shout about? Or one who left a lasting impression, good or bad...?!

Mrs. Tan sounds like an amazing teacher, and it's wonderful how you have such fond memories of her all these years later! It's teachers like her that pupils will remember long after they've left school.

It's interesting how certain teachers can make such a strong impact on their students; they must be doing something right! It goes to show the important role educators play in shaping lives, leaving a lasting mark of positivity and knowledge.

There are so many facets to teaching - managing behaviour, delivering content, and inspiring minds - and it's a tricky art getting the balance right. Sounds like Mrs Tan had perfected the formula! Her secret cookie stash was a cute touch too; a real incentive for learning!

Does anyone else have a special teacher they'd like to shout about? Or one who left a lasting impression, good or bad...?!
Some people are just naturally skilled in handling kids, and it sounds like Mrs. Tan was one of them! I also had a few great teachers myself, but unfortunately, most of them were strict and old-school. They were very no-nonsense, which meant we were too scared to misbehave. That definitely kept order in class! But looking back now, I realise they could have been more encouraging.

I remember this one particular teacher who always seemed upset with the world. She was perpetually sighing and throwing tantrums over every little thing, which was quite terrifying actually. We tiptoed around her like she was a ticking ****! Can you imagine how much that killed the joy of learning? Fortunately, I survived primary school unscathed and found other mentors who were more encouraging. Some people should just not be teachers!

Some people are just naturally skilled in handling kids, and it sounds like Mrs. Tan was one of them! I also had a few great teachers myself, but unfortunately, most of them were strict and old-school. They were very no-nonsense, which meant we were too scared to misbehave. That definitely kept order in class! But looking back now, I realise they could have been more encouraging.

I remember this one particular teacher who always seemed upset with the world. She was perpetually sighing and throwing tantrums over every little thing, which was quite terrifying actually. We tiptoed around her like she was a ticking ****! Can you imagine how much that killed the joy of learning? Fortunately, I survived primary school unscathed and found other mentors who were more encouraging. Some people should just not be teachers!
It's a gift to encounter teachers who manage to make a positive impact on their students, like Mrs Tan, as both of us experienced. Sadly, it's not always the case, and your grumpy teacher sounds like quite the formidable force! It's a real skill to keep students engaged and enthusiastic about learning, and some people just don't have it.

It's a shame when educators lack the passion and patience required for such an important job. Children are impressionable, and a negative school experience can really dampen enthusiasm and motivation. Let's hope that teacher found a different profession better suited to her temperament!

It's heartening to hear you found other, more encouraging mentors despite that obstacle. Sometimes, it's these challenging interactions that make us appreciate the good ones all the more.

Are there any stories of rebellious students or wild classroom antics? I'm curious to hear if anyone had a much different school experience!

It's a gift to encounter teachers who manage to make a positive impact on their students, like Mrs Tan, as both of us experienced. Sadly, it's not always the case, and your grumpy teacher sounds like quite the formidable force! It's a real skill to keep students engaged and enthusiastic about learning, and some people just don't have it.

It's a shame when educators lack the passion and patience required for such an important job. Children are impressionable, and a negative school experience can really dampen enthusiasm and motivation. Let's hope that teacher found a different profession better suited to her temperament!

It's heartening to hear you found other, more encouraging mentors despite that obstacle. Sometimes, it's these challenging interactions that make us appreciate the good ones all the more.

Are there any stories of rebellious students or wild classroom antics? I'm curious to hear if anyone had a much different school experience!
It certainly is a skill and art to engage impressionable young minds, one which not everyone possesses. Mrs Tan sure had the magical touch, creating positive memories that we cherish years later!

As for rebellious students, I was an angel in school *wink* But I do have some stories of mischievous classmates. There was this one boy who constantly pulled pranks, from sneaking extension cords to power his game console during class, to setting up elaborate paper ball fights. He once even managed to release live chickens into the classroom, which caused absolute mayhem! An exciting chicken chase ensued, with students and teachers running around trying to catch them!

It's amazing how creative kids can get when they're up to no good. But these memories are actually pretty funny in retrospect and make for great nostalgic storytelling! Wonder what that mischievous boy is up to now...

It certainly is a skill and art to engage impressionable young minds, one which not everyone possesses. Mrs Tan sure had the magical touch, creating positive memories that we cherish years later!

As for rebellious students, I was an angel in school *wink* But I do have some stories of mischievous classmates. There was this one boy who constantly pulled pranks, from sneaking extension cords to power his game console during class, to setting up elaborate paper ball fights. He once even managed to release live chickens into the classroom, which caused absolute mayhem! An exciting chicken chase ensued, with students and teachers running around trying to catch them!

It's amazing how creative kids can get when they're up to no good. But these memories are actually pretty funny in retrospect and make for great nostalgic storytelling! Wonder what that mischievous boy is up to now...
That's a hilarious story about the chickens! What a crazy thing to do, but it's true what they say - kids say and do the darnedest things! It's a wonder how some students can come up with such creative and elaborate pranks.

It's a good thing that these memories are looked back on fondly, bringing laughter instead of frustration. Though I'm sure in the moment, that classroom chaos was anything but amusing for the teachers! It's interesting to witness the different approaches each teacher would take to manage such situations.

Some truly memorable characters have passed through school classrooms, leaving their mark on fellow students, whether they meant to or not! These tales are definitely worth sharing, providing a different perspective on the typical classroom experience. There's so much more going on than meets the eye!

That's a hilarious story about the chickens! What a crazy thing to do, but it's true what they say - kids say and do the darnedest things! It's a wonder how some students can come up with such creative and elaborate pranks.

It's a good thing that these memories are looked back on fondly, bringing laughter instead of frustration. Though I'm sure in the moment, that classroom chaos was anything but amusing for the teachers! It's interesting to witness the different approaches each teacher would take to manage such situations.

Some truly memorable characters have passed through school classrooms, leaving their mark on fellow students, whether they meant to or not! These tales are definitely worth sharing, providing a different perspective on the typical classroom experience. There's so much more going on than meets the eye!
Indeed, it is a wonderful thing when mischievous students don't leave lasting frustration in their wake, and their antics can be laughed at later. It takes a lot of maturity and introspection to look back on wild childhood behaviors with humor and self-awareness!

That's the thing - children are an inventive bunch, full of surprises, and some of these pranks and mischievous ideas are genuinely impressive! It's a unique skill that some kids possess, to sneak around or think up such crazy capers. I suppose it keeps teachers on their toes too, though I'd imagine most would prefer a calm and collected class!

There's certainly more going on in classrooms than the surface level suggests. It's a shame we don't hear these tales more often - the wild, unseen sides of school life are such a hoot!

Indeed, it is a wonderful thing when mischievous students don't leave lasting frustration in their wake, and their antics can be laughed at later. It takes a lot of maturity and introspection to look back on wild childhood behaviors with humor and self-awareness!

That's the thing - children are an inventive bunch, full of surprises, and some of these pranks and mischievous ideas are genuinely impressive! It's a unique skill that some kids possess, to sneak around or think up such crazy capers. I suppose it keeps teachers on their toes too, though I'd imagine most would prefer a calm and collected class!

There's certainly more going on in classrooms than the surface level suggests. It's a shame we don't hear these tales more often - the wild, unseen sides of school life are such a hoot!
You're right; it takes maturity to see past mischief and appreciate the funny side of things. That's what makes these stories golden over time - that mature reflection adds a layer of humor and warmth to memories, making them all the more enjoyable to relive.

I suppose there's indeed a unique skill set needed to be a talented prankster! It's intriguing how some kids seem to have an endless supply of creative energy for mayhem but somehow manage to avoid disaster most of the time (hopefully)!

The unseen bits of school life are often the most fun - like a whole other world going on behind the scenes! They should compile these tales; it'd be a hoot to read! It's a delight to reminisce and share these stories, bringing some of these hidden gems to light.

Any other secret shenanigans you experienced that could give us a glimpse into this hidden school life? ;)

You're right; it takes maturity to see past mischief and appreciate the funny side of things. That's what makes these stories golden over time - that mature reflection adds a layer of humor and warmth to memories, making them all the more enjoyable to relive.

I suppose there's indeed a unique skill set needed to be a talented prankster! It's intriguing how some kids seem to have an endless supply of creative energy for mayhem but somehow manage to avoid disaster most of the time (hopefully)!

The unseen bits of school life are often the most fun - like a whole other world going on behind the scenes! They should compile these tales; it'd be a hoot to read! It's a delight to reminisce and share these stories, bringing some of these hidden gems to light.

Any other secret shenanigans you experienced that could give us a glimpse into this hidden school life? ;)
There was this one time a classmate sneaked a pet axolotl into school, which caused an absolute frenzy among the teachers trying to figure out who owned the mysterious creature! It seemed this boy had a knack for sneaking in unusual pets, as another time, he brought in his python, which somehow escaped its cage and went missing during a maths lesson. Chaos ensued as teachers frantically searched for the snake while we students looked on in shock!

These days, with hindsight, these memories are definitely amusing. But back then, oh boy, the suspense was thrilling! I remember us kids were so intrigued by the strange pets, but the poor teachers... they had no idea what hit them! It's a wonder none of us ended up in detention or got suspended for these wild deeds.

The school corridors and classrooms indeed held many unexpected surprises!

There was this one time a classmate sneaked a pet axolotl into school, which caused an absolute frenzy among the teachers trying to figure out who owned the mysterious creature! It seemed this boy had a knack for sneaking in unusual pets, as another time, he brought in his python, which somehow escaped its cage and went missing during a maths lesson. Chaos ensued as teachers frantically searched for the snake while we students looked on in shock!

These days, with hindsight, these memories are definitely amusing. But back then, oh boy, the suspense was thrilling! I remember us kids were so intrigued by the strange pets, but the poor teachers... they had no idea what hit them! It's a wonder none of us ended up in detention or got suspended for these wild deeds.

The school corridors and classrooms indeed held many unexpected surprises!
That's quite the pet collection your classmate had! Sneaking in exotic animals definitely makes for an exciting school day, especially when they escape and cause a wild goose (or should I say snake) chase. I can only imagine the horror mixed with curiosity the teachers must've felt upon discovering these creatures! It's a good thing no one was harmed, and it's quite funny how everyone reacted. Students nowadays certainly keep things interesting!

That's quite the pet collection your classmate had! Sneaking in exotic animals definitely makes for an exciting school day, especially when they escape and cause a wild goose (or should I say snake) chase. I can only imagine the horror mixed with curiosity the teachers must've felt upon discovering these creatures! It's a good thing no one was harmed, and it's quite funny how everyone reacted. Students nowadays certainly keep things interesting!
I recall being in awe of students who could pull off such daring stunts. Looking back, they were probably the ones who'd grow up to be adventure seekers or maybe even zookeepers! But yup, those were memorable moments that broke the monotony of routine school days.

I recall being in awe of students who could pull off such daring stunts. Looking back, they were probably the ones who'd grow up to be adventure seekers or maybe even zookeepers! But yup, those were memorable moments that broke the monotony of routine school days.
Indeed, these pranksters added some spice to your daily routine at school! It's fascinating how certain students' adventurous spirit can leave such an impression on their classmates and teachers. Their mischievous actions certainly left a lasting memory, though I doubt anyone guessed zoo-keeping would be a future career at the time! These stories are indeed a reminder that school life has so many unwritten tales.

Indeed, these pranksters added some spice to your daily routine at school! It's fascinating how certain students' adventurous spirit can leave such an impression on their classmates and teachers. Their mischievous actions certainly left a lasting memory, though I doubt anyone guessed zoo-keeping would be a future career at the time! These stories are indeed a reminder that school life has so many unwritten tales.
Some of these students definitely left their mark on school grounds! You're right - their courage and boldness were quite something to witness, and it's intriguing to ponder what these pranksters grew up to become. Teachers probably never realized how eventful their days got because of these students' antics! It's a fun twist from the typical classroom scenarios.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu