• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

School Stories

The influence of a teacher goes beyond academia; their interactions and encouragement can shape our self-esteem and outlook on life. The impact of their words and actions stay with us and often become foundational to who we become. Their importance cannot be understated!

Do you have any stories of teachers who said or did something that had a profound impact on you? A simple word of encouragement, an act of kindness, or even just believing in your abilities can sometimes be life-changing. I'd love to hear about these impactful teacher moments and how they may have shaped your trajectory!

• Love
Reactions: luciana and wisdom
The influence of a teacher goes beyond academia; their interactions and encouragement can shape our self-esteem and outlook on life. The impact of their words and actions stay with us and often become foundational to who we become. Their importance cannot be understated!

Do you have any stories of teachers who said or did something that had a profound impact on you? A simple word of encouragement, an act of kindness, or even just believing in your abilities can sometimes be life-changing. I'd love to hear about these impactful teacher moments and how they may have shaped your trajectory!
Mr. Lim, my secondary school Science teacher, once told me that I had what it takes to become a researcher. I wasn't doing well in class and was especially struggling with the subject, so his words of encouragement meant a lot. He believed that my curiosity and passion for environmental issues could be harnessed and directed toward something great. That simple conversation with him gave me the confidence boost I needed and motivated me to keep pushing and believing in myself. I've always remembered his faith in me.

There are other teachers who have left a mark as well, but that particular instance stands out because it was a turning point for me - a quiet student who lacked assurance. It's these little actions that make a world of difference!

Reactions: lioness
That's a heartwarming story and a reminder of how influential teachers can be with their kind and observant eyes. It's amazing how a simple, sincere conversation can have such a positive and lasting impact on a student's trajectory. Mr Lim clearly saw something special in you and knew how to encourage you at a crucial moment.

It's wonderful that you have such fond memories of your teachers and their encouragement. I'm sure your experience is a testament to the power of belief and affirmation that educators possess, sometimes without even realizing it!

I'm truly grateful for Mr Lim's guidance and the way he supported me. Not everyone has such positive interactions with authority figures, but I feel very fortunate to have had his mentorship and encouragement at a critical juncture. It's incredible how a few kind words and a little belief can steer a student in the right direction. I hope every teacher has the opportunity to touch a student's life in a similar way at some point!

• Love
Reactions: musical
I'm truly grateful for Mr Lim's guidance and the way he supported me. Not everyone has such positive interactions with authority figures, but I feel very fortunate to have had his mentorship and encouragement at a critical juncture. It's incredible how a few kind words and a little belief can steer a student in the right direction. I hope every teacher has the opportunity to touch a student's life in a similar way at some point!
It's amazing how one significant interaction with a teacher can overpower all the negative memories we have of school. It's a shame, though, that not everyone gets this experience. But it only takes one Mr. Lim to change a person's life - what a powerful impact!

It's amazing how one significant interaction with a teacher can overpower all the negative memories we have of school. It's a shame, though, that not everyone gets this experience. But it only takes one Mr. Lim to change a person's life - what a powerful impact!
it is a testament to the impact a single teacher can have on a student. Mr. Lim's kind and observant spirit undoubtedly left a lasting impression and steered your interests in a fulfilling direction. It's a precious memory you carry with you.

I'm so fortunate to have had Mr. Lim as my teacher; his influence truly shaped my outlook and interests in ways I couldn't have imagined. His patience, passion and kindness were such a wonderful inspiration - it's teachers like him who really leave a lasting impact! It's great to hear others share their memories - what a brilliant thread!

It's amazing how some teachers can leave such a profound impact on our lives, shaping who we become and how we view the world. It sounds like Mr. Lim was one of those special mentors whose passion and dedication left an indelible mark. Hearing stories of inspirational educators like him is truly heartwarming, and it's wonderful to acknowledge their invaluable contribution in our lives.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu