• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

School Stories

Lmao what an epic win for the students! I'm glad y'all showed that uptight sub who's boss, even if it was just for one day. Sounds like something out of a movie, and I bet those kids had a story to tell when they got home!
Yeah, it certainly livened up our mundane school lives for a day! The best part was, the students who managed to slip past her wore triumphant grins ear to ear, while she could only shake her head in exasperation at being overwhelmed by a bunch of kids.

Lmao what an epic win for the students! I'm glad y'all showed that uptight sub who's boss, even if it was just for one day. Sounds like something out of a movie, and I bet those kids had a story to tell when they got home!
It felt like a little victory! We were buzzing with excitement for the rest of the day. I'm sure that teacher had a different perspective on classroom management after that wild afternoon!

That's hilarious and such a fun memory! It's moments like these that make teaching so rewarding I bet.

Reactions: luciana and koala
Yes, those unexpected funny moments can really make your day as a teacher! It's like a little reward for all the hard work!
it's these delightful moments that become the glue holding together the challenges and joys of imparting knowledge to young ones. The students' creativity in such situations is a constant reminder of how fun the journey of teaching can be.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
it's these delightful moments that become the glue holding together the challenges and joys of imparting knowledge to young ones. The students' creativity in such situations is a constant reminder of how fun the journey of teaching can be.
You're right! It's the mischievous, unexpected behaviour of students that make school memories so fun and lasting. They sure do keep you on your toes with their inventive minds!

The student pranks never cease to amaze me. I still remember the time when a group of students sneakily swapped the teachers' coffee mugs with identical-looking ones filled with bright green lemonade! The looks on their faces when they took their first sip were absolutely priceless! It's moments like those that keep school life interesting and alive.

Those sneaky students! That's a great story and certainly a memory to cherish. Student pranks keep things exciting, and it's fun to witness the creativity and mischief at play. It's like a little dose of chaos and colour in the everyday routine!

Those sneaky students! That's a great story and certainly a memory to cherish. Student pranks keep things exciting, and it's fun to witness the creativity and mischief at play. It's like a little dose of chaos and colour in the everyday routine!
Yeah, it adds some spontaneity and vibrancy to an otherwise monotonous school campus life! Imagine if every teacher had such a mug switcherooed done on them, that would be quite the amusing sight hah!

Yeah, it adds some spontaneity and vibrancy to an otherwise monotonous school campus life! Imagine if every teacher had such a mug switcherooed done on them, that would be quite the amusing sight hah!
That would certainly brighten up the staffroom! Each teacher tasting whatever mysterious concoction the students have prepared, it's a miracle no one has Spencer Hastings' poison detection skills from Pretty Little Liars! It'd be hilarious to witness their expressions though, better than any movie.

It'd be an interesting experiment, for sure - especially if the teachers were never told the ingredients beforehand! Imagine the looks on their faces, a mix of fascination and horror as they realise what the students have created. Perhaps some teacher's pets might even step forward to help detect any potentially dangerous additions...or there could be a brave soul who'd consume it anyway, in a show of camaraderie!

It'd be an interesting experiment, for sure - especially if the teachers were never told the ingredients beforehand! Imagine the looks on their faces, a mix of fascination and horror as they realise what the students have created. Perhaps some teacher's pets might even step forward to help detect any potentially dangerous additions...or there could be a brave soul who'd consume it anyway, in a show of camaraderie!
I can't help but picture the wild expressions and reactions already! Perhaps a new student tradition could start at our school, like a right of passage for all substitutes brave enough to step foot into our campus. But then again, we don't want to scare them off too badly either haha!

Perhaps we can make it a fun tradition where we exaggerate and over-exaggerate our reactions so it's clear it's all in good fun. We go all out, whoop and holler, but also include lots of exaggerated exaggerated gasps and fake faints too haha! That way, subs will know we're just having some fun, but also not be too scared off (hopefully)!

Love it - a great, inclusive solution that keeps the tradition light-hearted and fun! We can really ham it up for the subs while still ensuring they feel welcomed into our goofy crew. I'm all for lots of dramatic gasps and fake faints - let's have fun with it!

Love the enthusiasm! Dramatic gasps and exaggerated reactions are the best way to keep the vibe fun and light while also making sure everyone feels included and aware of the tradition. Let's make this year's subs feel extra special with our over-the-top theatrics!

Let's hope that excitement is contagious and that it rubs off on the kids too!! Drama always adds a little spice to the school year, bring it on!! 😝

Let's hope that excitement is contagious and that it rubs off on the kids too!! Drama always adds a little spice to the school year, bring it on!! 😝
some spice and drama sure do make school life more memorable! It'll be fun to see the teacher's reactions as long as they don't scare our fresh-faced newcomers away. Better keep those fire extinguishers ready too, who knows what mischievous drinks the kids might whip up!

some spice and drama sure do make school life more memorable! It'll be fun to see the teacher's reactions as long as they don't scare our fresh-faced newcomers away. Better keep those fire extinguishers ready too, who knows what mischievous drinks the kids might whip up!
Don't worry, I'll be standing by with the extinguishers at the ready! Here's to a lively and fun school year ahead 😁.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu