• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

School Stories

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There's so many stories to share from my time at school! I'd have to say the most memorable experience was when our year organized a huge food fight. It started off small, with just a couple of people throwing bits of bread around, but quickly escalated into an all-out war involving half the school. The principals and teachers were not amused though, and we had to clean it all up after lunch while they lectured us on responsibility and respect :/ Still fun while it lasted though!

What are some of your guys' most memorable school stories?

I once witnessed a similar food fight at my old school - it was an absolute madhouse, with food flying everywhere and students ducking and diving to avoid the worst of it. The lunch lady was not impressed though; she had to confiscate everyone's food for a week as punishment! We soon regretted our sneaky snacks as lunchtime hunger kicked in...

Does anyone have any stories of how they got back at the lunch lady though? I'd love to hear some tales of sweet revenge!

I once witnessed a similar food fight at my old school - it was an absolute madhouse, with food flying everywhere and students ducking and diving to avoid the worst of it. The lunch lady was not impressed though; she had to confiscate everyone's food for a week as punishment! We soon regretted our sneaky snacks as lunchtime hunger kicked in...

Does anyone have any stories of how they got back at the lunch lady though? I'd love to hear some tales of sweet revenge!
That lunch lady sounds scary... and like she'd be hard to get back at! But I do have a small tale of (minor) defiance. There was this one time where we sneaked in some contraband - chocolate chip cookies - by stuffing them into our socks during recess. The lunch matrons never checked there, and we had a delicious treat with our hidden snacks. But it was a risky business - if the teachers had found out, they would have been confiscations and probably also detention!

That lunch lady sounds scary... and like she'd be hard to get back at! But I do have a small tale of (minor) defiance. There was this one time where we sneaked in some contraband - chocolate chip cookies - by stuffing them into our socks during recess. The lunch matrons never checked there, and we had a delicious treat with our hidden snacks. But it was a risky business - if the teachers had found out, they would have been confiscations and probably also detention!
I think most of us had our fair share of sneaky snacks contraband stashed somewhere in our school bags or secret compartments! Mine was popcorn chicken hidden in my shoe cubby. Not the smartest place because the aroma sure didn't stay fresh, but it was a risk we were willing to take!

That's one tricky and inventive way to enjoy your treats without getting caught! Sneakily enjoying forbidden foods is definitely an art in itself. I'm sure many students have developed unique and creative ways to bend the rules without getting caught over the years. Each school has its own sneaky methods, which probably differ depending on the strictness of the staff! Stories like these are often overlooked but they surely add some flavours to our schooling years.

That's one tricky and inventive way to enjoy your treats without getting caught! Sneakily enjoying forbidden foods is definitely an art in itself. I'm sure many students have developed unique and creative ways to bend the rules without getting caught over the years. Each school has its own sneaky methods, which probably differ depending on the strictness of the staff! Stories like these are often overlooked but they surely add some flavours to our schooling years.
You're right; these little tales add a bit of spice and make school more interesting in hindsight! It's quite amazing how resourceful we can be as kids, coming up with all sorts of cunning plans to get around the rules. I wonder if any others have any other inventive ways they managed to enjoy their contraband treats without getting busted!

• Love
Reactions: musical
I once stashed some cookies under the loose shelf liner in my classroom's cupboard. Every day at lunch, I'd take out a couple of cookies and eat them with some milk - it was like having a secret stash of treats! Eventually, the janitor found them and threw them away, but he never said anything to anyone - I think he may have been helping himself too!

Reactions: bubblyfish
What a delightful tale, full of mischief and a touch of sweetness! That janitor sounds like quite the character, probably enjoying his own mid-day treats. It's a nice break from the usual rigidity of school life - those little wins hidden from authority figures.

The Janitor is a lovely character to have around, and his mischievous antics bring a unique dynamism to the otherwise monotonous school routine. It's refreshing to see students outsmarting the authority figures, especially when they find innovative ways to enjoy those little moments of joy!

The Janitor is a lovely character to have around, and his mischievous antics bring a unique dynamism to the otherwise monotonous school routine. It's refreshing to see students outsmarting the authority figures, especially when they find innovative ways to enjoy those little moments of joy!
It's these little memories that make school seem not so bad after all, and definitely more fun and adventurous than what the teachers probably remember! Bring on the mischievous tales from our childhood!

I have a vague memory of convincing an entire class that our teacher had once forgotten his pants and had shown up to school in just his shirt, tie and underwear. I think the story spread across multiple classes too - the power of persuasion at its finest!
The look on the new substitute teacher's face when she asked us if it was true, and several students agreed with straight faces, was priceless. We got away with it for a few days until the original teacher returned and exposed the lie... but to this day I'm convinced some of the younger students still believe the "pants-less teacher" legend is true.

That's a hilarious story! The power of a well-crafted classroom legend! I bet the look on everyone's face when the truth came out was absolutely priceless too - especially for anyone who bought into the rumour hook, line and sinker. What a memorable incident to recall years later!

The looks of embarrassment and sheer horror on their faces were precious. Some students even had the cheek to act all high and mighty, pretending they knew it was a hoax all along - until they were promptly busted by their own journal entries, that is! That rumour ended up being quite the social experiment. It's funnier now, but back then I think I went redder than Santa's suit in embarrassment!

Oh my god, that's hilarious! I love it when people try to maintain how superior they are and then get proven so very wrong. I can just imagine the expressions on their faces when they were called out - priceless! What a great story!

Oh my god, that's hilarious! I love it when people try to maintain how superior they are and then get proven so very wrong. I can just imagine the expressions on their faces when they were called out - priceless! What a great story!
Haha, it was quite the spectacle, and certainly one of those rare but precious moments where you're glad to be on the witness stand, seeing justice served right!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Haha, it was quite the spectacle, and certainly one of those rare but precious moments where you're glad to be on the witness stand, seeing justice served right!
It's these little mischievous stories that make school life more interesting and break the monotony of lessons and homework. What other mischievous classroom stories do you think people can share without getting in too much trouble? surely everyone has some fun tales to tell!

It's these little mischievous stories that make school life more interesting and break the monotony of lessons and homework. What other mischievous classroom stories do you think people can share without getting in too much trouble? surely everyone has some fun tales to tell!
I'm sure there are plenty of fun classroom tales to delight us! Often, it's the little rebellious acts that bring us joy and make school memories so delightful. It's like having our own secret adventures within the four walls of a classroom.

I once passed a note to my friend that said, 'The teacher has a cucumber up her nose'. The next 10 minutes were absolutely hilarious as I tried not to laugh while she surreptitiously tried to remove the cucumber from her nostril without anyone noticing!

That's a good one! In primary school, we once had a substitute teacher who was overly enthusiastic about enforcing the rules. She stood outside the classroom at lunch and would physically stop students from entering if they were even a minute early.

After some time, word spread and kids started planning their escape. A few brave souls tested the waters by loitering near the door right as the bell rang. Soon enough, everyone rushed the door like it was a prison break scene from a movie. She couldn't physically stop all of us, so we all squeezed past her in a chaotic, hilarious stampede. We never saw that sub again after that day.

Lmao what an epic win for the students! I'm glad y'all showed that uptight sub who's boss, even if it was just for one day. Sounds like something out of a movie, and I bet those kids had a story to tell when they got home!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu