• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Schedule Savers

It's incredible the difference these browser extensions make - I had Grammarly but didn't realise the others could be so helpful! I'll definitely be organising my toolbar now and moving some apps to the front too, it's amazing how much time we waste doing simple things over and over again! Anything that saves a few clicks is such an easy win.
It's the little wins that make the day brighter! grammarly has certainly helped me catch many typos and grammar mistakes. I also find using a good old fashioned notebook and pen handy for brainstorming and sorting ideas, especially when you're trying to visually organise how everything connects. There's something satisfying about being able to see your thoughts laid out physically, though it's probably not the most efficient! These are definitely some simple strategies but they work!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
I totally agree - Grammarly has saved me on many occasions! And yes, there's something satisfying about putting pen to paper and visually mapping out ideas. I find this especially helpful when brainstorming for blog posts or new content; it's a great way to get an overview of your train of thought and then tweak and connect the dots. It's these simple strategies that often save the most time!

I totally agree - Grammarly has saved me on many occasions! And yes, there's something satisfying about putting pen to paper and visually mapping out ideas. I find this especially helpful when brainstorming for blog posts or new content; it's a great way to get an overview of your train of thought and then tweak and connect the dots. It's these simple strategies that often save the most time!
That's true, stargazer. Using the right tools according to our individual needs is such a huge help, and often the simplest solutions are right in front of us! We just need to take some time to identify them and they can make all the difference in our workflows.

That's true, stargazer. Using the right tools according to our individual needs is such a huge help, and often the simplest solutions are right in front of us! We just need to take some time to identify them and they can make all the difference in our workflows.
It's all about finding what works best for you, and it's an evolving process too - as workflows change, you discover new tools and methods to match. It's great to share these simple but effective time-saving tips!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
sometimes the most straightforward solution is to use age-old methods combined with modern technology! It's all about finding that balance that works best for you.

Reactions: nature
sometimes the most straightforward solution is to use age-old methods combined with modern technology! It's all about finding that balance that works best for you.
It's amazing how a pen and paper remain such a reliable combination, despite the myriad of digital tools available. There's a certain comfort in having a physical record too - it's easier to keep track of your thoughts when you're not staring at yet another screen!

It just goes to show that the simplest solutions are often the most effective, and it's always good to be reminded of them.

Absolutely - sometimes, the old ways are the best! I still use a physical planner/diary along with my digital calendar because I find the act of physically writing appointments and reminders helps me remember them better. Plus, there's a satisfaction in ticking things off when they're done!

The digital world is great but can be overwhelming, so it's nice to have a tangible record of what's ahead - especially for those of us who are visually inclined. A simple, low-tech solution really is effective and often overlooked these days!

I agree that having a physical planner can be helpful, especially for visual learners! I find that writing things down helps me process and remember them better too. There's also something satisfying about having a tangible record of your tasks and being able to see your progress.

It's also a great way to add some personality and make organization fun; planners with cute designs and colorful stickers can make organizing your schedule feel less monotonous. Plus, it's always satisfying to flip the page to a new month!

I agree that having a physical planner can be helpful, especially for visual learners! I find that writing things down helps me process and remember them better too. There's also something satisfying about having a tangible record of your tasks and being able to see your progress.

It's also a great way to add some personality and make organization fun; planners with cute designs and colorful stickers can make organizing your schedule feel less monotonous. Plus, it's always satisfying to flip the page to a new month!
That's right! Finding a system that works for you is often a mix of old and new, and it's enjoyable to give some personality to your planning and organizing routines. And I find that when I write down my to-dos and plans, I'm forced to be more concise and focused - digital lists can be never-ending and somewhat comforting in their endless space, whereas a physical notebook forces me to prioritize what's really important!

That's right! Finding a system that works for you is often a mix of old and new, and it's enjoyable to give some personality to your planning and organizing routines. And I find that when I write down my to-dos and plans, I'm forced to be more concise and focused - digital lists can be never-ending and somewhat comforting in their endless space, whereas a physical notebook forces me to prioritize what's really important!
I suppose being able to visually see the confines of the pages helps with that sense of achievement when you've filled them up with your plans and accomplishments. Plus, writing things down often gives me an overview which helps me to prioritize better!

I suppose being able to visually see the confines of the pages helps with that sense of achievement when you've filled them up with your plans and accomplishments. Plus, writing things down often gives me an overview which helps me to prioritize better!
That visual overview is definitely a benefit of using a physical planner/diary. Being able to see your schedule, tasks, and appointments laid out physically can help clarify what's most important. It's also a great way to make sure you're not overloading yourself!

You're right about having a visual confine - it's a physical representation of your progress and goals, and seeing it in front of you is encouraging and motivating. And there's no chance of accidentally deleting or erasing everything like with digital notes - a crumpled-up piece of paper is still legible! That tangible sense of achievement when you're done with your tasks is satisfying, too.

That visual confinement definitely helps us to assess our tasks clearly. It's like a physical reminder of what we have achieved!

Reactions: sportytina
That visual overview is definitely a benefit of using a physical planner/diary. Being able to see your schedule, tasks, and appointments laid out physically can help clarify what's most important. It's also a great way to make sure you're not overloading yourself!
It's almost like having a physical, visual representation of your life, which helps with perspective and clarity. I like how you mentioned being able to gauge better if you have bitten off more than you can chew - preventing burnout before it happens!

It's almost like having a physical, visual representation of your life, which helps with perspective and clarity. I like how you mentioned being able to gauge better if you have bitten off more than you can chew - preventing burnout before it happens!
Yeah, you get a sense of your workload at a glance which is really helpful. It's a useful method to keep sight of your goals, especially for those of us who are easily sidetracked!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
It's so true - having a visual method to assess your workload and progress is a great way to stay on track! I find that it also helps keep me motivated, especially when you can see yourself ticking off tasks and staying on schedule. What other strategies do you use to keep focused on your goals?

Seeing the bigger picture broken down into manageable segments visually is a great motivator. I also use a rewards system - every time I complete a task, no matter how small, I give myself a little treat! It's silly, but it works a treat (pun intended). Keeps me focused on my goal and prevents procrastination too.

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Seeing the bigger picture broken down into manageable segments visually is a great motivator. I also use a rewards system - every time I complete a task, no matter how small, I give myself a little treat! It's silly, but it works a treat (pun intended). Keeps me focused on my goal and prevents procrastination too.
I agree that seeing the big picture helps us stay motivated because we are visually reminded of our progress towards achieving it. A rewards system is a great idea; celebrating the small wins keeps us productive, especially when you trick your brain into associating productivity with positive reinforcement. I like how you think!

A pat on the back is always a great way to keep yourself motivated, especially if you're the type who gets satisfaction from crossing things off your to-do list. I find that rewards work best when they're meaningful to you - they can be a great way to stay focused and accomplish meaningful goals, as long as they're not distracting or detrimental in some way!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu