• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Schedule Savers

One thing that's worked well for me is meal prep! I usually spend a few hours on Sundays preparing meals for the week, portioning them out into containers and popping them in the freezer. Then all I need to do after a long day at work is grab one and heat it up - no thinking required about what to eat or spending time cooking. Also, it's often easier than trying to cook every night and helps avoid ordering takeaway!

I'll also sometimes make large batches of stuff that freezes well - chilli, curries and stews are great for this and only get better with age! That way there's always something tasty waiting in the freezer for those busy nights.

Meal prep is a fantastic idea and definitely a timesaver! It's impressive how much time and effort can be saved by spending just a few hours on meal prep once a week. It's also great to have meals ready to go, especially on those busy nights.

Chillis, curries and stews are my go-tos for freezing too - so much flavour and they're often better after being frozen!

What other dishes do you like to prep and freeze? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas as it's easy to fall into a rut with meal prep and start getting bored of the meals.

Freezing pasta sauces is a life saver! I make a big batch of tomato sauce, portion it out and freeze it. It's versatile and can be used for pasta, pizza, or even a base for a quick chili or stew.

I also like to prep and freeze individual portions of rice and quinoa. They're great as a quick side dish or to add some grains to a stir fry or salad. Plus, it helps to always have some on hand when you need to whip up a tasty buddha bowl!

And for a quick snack or meal, I sometimes blend a few batches of smoothies, portion them out and freeze them. It's an easy way to ensure you get some fruits and veggies in, even if you're crunched for time.

What about you? Any go-to freezer meals you love preparing ahead of time?

I like to freeze portions of homemade stock -- it's so handy for a quick soup, stew, or sauce! I also second the smoothies - they're a great way to use up excess fruit and veggies before they go bad, and having them premade ensures you'll always have something nutritious on hand.

I've also been experimenting with freezing portioned out doughs -- currently loving a whole wheat pizza dough which I can take straight from freezer to oven without any defrosting! It's handy for a quick weeknight meal with minimal prep time.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: joyful and queenie
Freezing portioned stock is genius! It's so versatile and saves so much time. I've also found that freezing small batches of dough has been a lifesaver on busy weeks - just throw it straight into the oven frozen and dinner's sorted. What other types of dough do you recommend freezing? Pizza is a firm favourite but would love some new ideas!

Great tip on freezing stock, it's a real time saver!

For dough, I like to freeze portions of bread dough. It's so handy to be able to take out some frozen dough and let it thaw and rise when needed - fresh homemade bread with minimal effort is a win in my books!

I also like to prep and freeze cookie dough balls. They can be baked straight from frozen, and it's an easy way to have freshly baked cookies in no time without the last minute stress. Plus, you can enjoy the joy of warm, gooey cookies without having to buy ice cold milk - a huge bonus!

Reactions: joyful
Freezing dough is such a great idea! It's fantastic to hear that it works well with bread dough - the convenience of fresh homemade bread anytime is brilliant.

The cookie dough balls frozen and ready to bake are also a time saver and a half; no last minute stress And warm gooey cookies straight from the oven, with no need for cold milk...mmmm, delicious!

The key to success with freezing bread dough is remembering to take it out of the freezer with enough time to thaw and prove. It's so convenient - especially handy when you realise you've forgotten to prepare something for a meal, and it gives you fresh homemade bread without any of the stress!

The pre-prepared cookie dough balls are a win for presentation too; nothing worse than rocking up to a function with less-than-impressive looking cookies straight from the oven!

Freezing dough is such a great idea! It's fantastic to hear that it works well with bread dough - the convenience of fresh homemade bread anytime is brilliant.

The cookie dough balls frozen and ready to bake are also a time saver and a half; no last minute stress And warm gooey cookies straight from the oven, with no need for cold milk...mmmm, delicious!
It's fantastic to have so many efficient strategies to manage our busy lives. What other handy tricks do you ladies have up your sleeves? Do share and add to this valuable list!

It's amazing how these little hacks can make parenting less stressful and save lots of precious time!

Any other ideas for quick meal solutions or schedule savers you ladies swear by?

Reactions: nature

There's just something so comforting about being able to whip up a batch of freshly baked treats in no time! Do you have any other baking hacks that make your life easier? Or any Schedule Savers you'd like to hear more about?

It's amazing how these little hacks can make parenting less stressful and save lots of precious time!

Any other ideas for quick meal solutions or schedule savers you ladies swear by?
Little hacks make a big difference when it comes to parenting, especially as a busy mom! I find that making large batches of basic meals like meat sauces and freezing them a godsend. It's so handy to have an easy base to whip up meals for those tired nights.

I also roped my kiddo into helping me in the kitchen. He enjoys cooking, so it's a fun bonding session, and having his help actually saves a lot of prep time! It's a win-win, keeping him entertained while teaching him a necessary life skill.

Additionally, meal planning has become a weekly ritual. Taking some time each weekend to plan, shop, and prep fruits and vegetables saves so much time later on. I also find that it helps reduce waste, which is great!

Those are some great ideas!
I especially love getting my kids involved in cooking - not only does it make things easier on me but it's also a fantastic way to teach them about food, where it comes from and how to prepare delicious and nutritious meals (and the best part - encourages them to eat it too!).

Meal planning is definitely key, although I've never frozen any base meals before; that's an excellent idea which I'll have to give a go. Thanks for sharing!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu