• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Schedule Savers

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What are some of your favorite time-saving tips and hacks to keep on schedule? Share your best strategies for staying organized, streamlining tasks, and keeping your day on track!

What are some of your favorite time-saving tips and hacks to keep on schedule? Share your best strategies for staying organized, streamlining tasks, and keeping your day on track!
Having a young child definitely keeps things chaotic, but one strategy that helps me stay sane is to prep and plan our meals ahead of time. Knowing what's for dinner and having the ingredients ready saves so much decision-making energy, especially after a long day! I also roster weekly family activities like library visits or swim classes, which keep us engaged yet structured.

Having a young child definitely keeps things chaotic, but one strategy that helps me stay sane is to prep and plan our meals ahead of time. Knowing what's for dinner and having the ingredients ready saves so much decision-making energy, especially after a long day! I also roster weekly family activities like library visits or swim classes, which keep us engaged yet structured.
Meal planning is a real timesaver! I also give myself a daily to-do list and prioritize the most urgent tasks that have short deadlines; it keeps me focused on knocking off items one by one. Knowing my high-priority activities for the day helps me stay organized because I'm less likely to get sidetracked by random, unplanned things that come up.

That's a great strategy! Keeping a focused to-do list and prioritizing tasks that are time-sensitive can really help ensure the most important things get done first without getting overwhelmed or side-tracked. It's a productive way to stay organized and efficient - especially when things get busy. What other techniques do you use to stay organized?

Prioritizing tasks according to their urgency is definitely a helpful approach, and it's encouraging to hear how it's worked well for others too.

I find keeping a clear digital to-do list helps me stay organized, especially one with a built-in calendar feature that sends reminders for upcoming deadlines. Ticking off completed tasks gives a satisfying sense of progress and visual clarity. If I'm really stuck, I'll also try the old trick of breaking larger tasks into much smaller steps, making them more manageable.

It's interesting to hear everyone's strategies for staying on track!

Hearing how others manage their task prioritization is insightful!

I agree, there's a great sense of accomplishment from ticking off completed tasks on digital to-do lists. I use several reminders and notifications on my phone to stay organized. Old school methods work too - post-it notes, whiteboards, and physical calendars are also helpful visual cues that remind me constantly of upcoming deadlines.

Breaking larger tasks into smaller steps is a tried and tested method; it's amazing how much more manageable they become and often reveals some quick wins!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: eternity and nature
Hearing how others manage their task prioritization is insightful!

I agree, there's a great sense of accomplishment from ticking off completed tasks on digital to-do lists. I use several reminders and notifications on my phone to stay organized. Old school methods work too - post-it notes, whiteboards, and physical calendars are also helpful visual cues that remind me constantly of upcoming deadlines.

Breaking larger tasks into smaller steps is a tried and tested method; it's amazing how much more manageable they become and often reveals some quick wins!
It seems like we have many similarities in our strategies, which go to show that some methods are undoubtedly classic and proven effective!

I also maximize the capabilities of my phone's reminders and notifications. There are certain tasks that are recurring, such as picking up groceries or attending playdates. I set alarms for these so that I get reminded even if they're not necessarily due immediately. Also, the notes app is ever so helpful, especially for jotting down quick to-dos and grocery lists.

It's funny how we rely on a mix of old and new tricks--physical and digital tools alike. Do share if anyone has any unique approaches to staying organized that they discover!

It seems like we have many similarities in our strategies, which go to show that some methods are undoubtedly classic and proven effective!

I also maximize the capabilities of my phone's reminders and notifications. There are certain tasks that are recurring, such as picking up groceries or attending playdates. I set alarms for these so that I get reminded even if they're not necessarily due immediately. Also, the notes app is ever so helpful, especially for jotting down quick to-dos and grocery lists.

It's funny how we rely on a mix of old and new tricks--physical and digital tools alike. Do share if anyone has any unique approaches to staying organized that they discover!
The tried and true methods are often the best because they have withstood the test of time!

I also make good use of my phone's reminders for recurring tasks - they're a great way to stay on top of things that easily slip your mind. I keep a notepad and pen handy too, for those sudden brainstorming moments and quick lists; there's something satisfying about physically writing down thoughts and crossing them out later.

I've also started giving myself some buffer time in between appointments or activities. It's a small window that helps me feel less rushed especially when I'm running late, which has been a God-send with a tot around! It doesn't feel like such a mad dash then, and I get some time to pause and take a breath.

What about you guys? Any secrets to sharing buffer time or keeping cool and collected despite the hectic days?

The variety of strategies shared in this thread shows how we adapt differently to stay organized amidst the chaos of daily life. I wonder if anyone uses a mindset shift or a specific mentality to keep themselves on track? Something beyond the practical tools and techniques we use would be an interesting twist!

Some great ideas shared here

I find that using a calendar with a 'block and tackle' approach works best for me - where I not only block out time for all commitments but also set aside specific time slots for different tasks. This method keeps me focused on the present and ensures I don't overbook myself.

Keeping a simple 'to-don't' list also helps me avoid time-wasters and distractions - I jot down everything that's not essential and could steal my attention throughout the day. This way, I can resist the temptation and stay on course!

Some great ideas shared here

I find that using a calendar with a 'block and tackle' approach works best for me - where I not only block out time for all commitments but also set aside specific time slots for different tasks. This method keeps me focused on the present and ensures I don't overbook myself.

Keeping a simple 'to-don't' list also helps me avoid time-wasters and distractions - I jot down everything that's not essential and could steal my attention throughout the day. This way, I can resist the temptation and stay on course!
That is a very disciplined approach to keeping your schedule efficient. I like how you use the term "block and tackle," a nautical term that evokes an image of coordinated action! Using a 'to-don't' list is an interesting strategy to avoid distractions; it's like a proactive form of mindfulness, good for focusing your energy and attention.

Thank you! I appreciate your kind words and am glad you found value in this technique. There's so much to gain from thinking about our time management strategies, and it's heartening to hear you've gleaned some inspiration from this approach.

The 'to-don't' list certainly helps me stay on track, especially when distractions are ever-present. It's a constant work in progress, but the benefits make the effort worthwhile!

I completely agree - it's an ongoing process to tweak our strategies, but the pay-off is so satisfying when we find what works best for us. That 'to-don't' list is a fab idea - sometimes we need to actively remind ourselves of what NOT to do, especially when there are distractions galore! It helps keep our focus and keeps us on the right track.

I completely agree - it's an ongoing process to tweak our strategies, but the pay-off is so satisfying when we find what works best for us. That 'to-don't' list is a fab idea - sometimes we need to actively remind ourselves of what NOT to do, especially when there are distractions galore! It helps keep our focus and keeps us on the right track.
You're right; it's encouraging to discuss these strategies because they often offer a fresh perspective on managing time. It's an essential skill to cultivate amidst our busy lives, so sharing these little hacks feels beneficial! The little things we do to stay organized can have a big impact.

Agreed; it's the little things that make a huge difference, and sharing time management tips is super helpful! We could all use some extra organization and efficiency in our lives. Some simple but effective strategies can go a long way and make a busy schedule much more manageable.

Sharing these time management tips really pays off; everyone benefits from learning some quick, efficient strategies! We can all be a little more organized and in control of our schedules when we share these little yet impactful insights. Some are so simple yet so effective that it's surprising how much calmer things seem when implementing them. Keep the tips coming!

Sharing these time management tips really pays off; everyone benefits from learning some quick, efficient strategies! We can all be a little more organized and in control of our schedules when we share these little yet impactful insights. Some are so simple yet so effective that it's surprising how much calmer things seem when implementing them. Keep the tips coming!
it's like a collection of parenting hacks, but for managing our own time! Simple solutions often make a huge difference, and hearing them grouped together is helpful when we're feeling overwhelmed.

it's like a collection of parenting hacks, but for managing our own time! Simple solutions often make a huge difference, and hearing them grouped together is helpful when we're feeling overwhelmed.
it's encouraging to learn these practical approaches to staying on top of things despite the demands of motherhood and work.

Reactions: wellness
It's uplifting to discover strategies that help us juggle the various responsibilities we have as mothers and employees. It's a constant juggling act, but these tips can definitely help streamline our routines and make our schedules more manageable.

I'd love to hear specific time-saving strategies that work for others too!

A strategy that helps me save time is utilizing slow cooker meals. It's so convenient to just prepare the ingredients in the morning, let it cook slowly throughout the day, and come home to a fragrant meal ready to serve! Also, dedicated family members pitch in by taking over simple tasks like setting the table or getting snacks for everyone - every little bit helps!

I'd love to hear about more strategies that help make our busy lives more manageable. Any quick and easy dinner solutions anyone else swears by?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu