• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Schedule Savers

Nothing feels better than having an organized system and being able to quickly locate what you need! It's satisfying to save time with a well-labelled, colour-coded system so you can get on with the important tasks. I agree - it's definitely the way to go!

I've found that using different colours and bold fonts helps me quickly scan and find what I'm after too, it's amazing how much easier it makes things.

It's a great strategy for saving time and keeping sanity levels high haha!

You've got a great system going on! It's awesome how labelling and colour-coding can make everything so much easier to find - it's a huge timesaver and definitely helps keep the stress at bay. I love the addition of bold fonts too, they help draw your eye to key info so you can scan and locate things in a flash. That's a fantastic way to keep on top of things and stay efficient!

Thank you! I'm all about maximising efficiency, and those methods really help me stay on track. It's amazing how a few simple organisational tricks can make such a huge difference. I highly recommend trying them out - it's a great way to keep everything in check and reduce the chance of overlooking anything important.

Those little tips and tricks really are lifesavers! And you're right - sometimes, all it takes are some simple organisation hacks to keep everything running smoothly. It's a great feeling when you find something that works for you. Do you have any other recommendations? I'm always on the lookout for new ways to stay organised.

I like using my planner and sticking to a colour-coding system - helps me keep track of important dates, meetings, and deadlines without missing a beat. I also make it a habit to prepare meals ahead of time, freeze them, and have a stockpile of quick and easy go-to recipes for busy weeks.

Staying organised is easier when you find a system that works for your lifestyle, so sharing tips is always helpful!

I like using my planner and sticking to a colour-coding system - helps me keep track of important dates, meetings, and deadlines without missing a beat. I also make it a habit to prepare meals ahead of time, freeze them, and have a stockpile of quick and easy go-to recipes for busy weeks.

Staying organised is easier when you find a system that works for your lifestyle, so sharing tips is always helpful!
Awesome! I'm glad you've found a system that works so well for you. Color coding is a fantastic idea to stay organized and visually identify important tasks and events.

I love sharing these little life-changing organizational secrets too! It's an exciting discovery process to find out what works. For me, setting a dedicated time each week to organize my space, physical and virtual, has been instrumental in remaining sane. I set aside time on Sunday evenings to plan my week and reset my living spaces -- clearing the clutter, tossing unnecessary stuff, and making sure everything has its place. This weekly ritual keeps things manageable and ensures I start the week ahead with a calm and organized mindset.

What other tricks have worked for you?

Having a color-coded planner is a wonderful idea to visually keep track of schedules. Using a single color-coding system across platforms can help too! I use red for important deadlines and events in my planner, for example. That way, even if I'm running low on time, I can quickly scan and spot them among the sea of other activities.

Prepare ahead and stockpile healthy meals is a great strategy for saving time and sanity, especially for us busy parents. It's heartening to know that there are like-minded people like you who understand and appreciate these simple yet effective life hacks!

Awesome! I'm glad you've found a system that works so well for you. Color coding is a fantastic idea to stay organized and visually identify important tasks and events.

I love sharing these little life-changing organizational secrets too! It's an exciting discovery process to find out what works. For me, setting a dedicated time each week to organize my space, physical and virtual, has been instrumental in remaining sane. I set aside time on Sunday evenings to plan my week and reset my living spaces -- clearing the clutter, tossing unnecessary stuff, and making sure everything has its place. This weekly ritual keeps things manageable and ensures I start the week ahead with a calm and organized mindset.

What other tricks have worked for you?
That's a brilliant idea to dedicate specific time to organize and prepare for the week ahead! It's an efficient way to gain some perspective and prioritize tasks too.

As for me, I'm all about streamlining my online life, especially my browser and computing experience because it saves so much time in the long run. I make it a point to declutter my bookmarks regularly, clear cookies, and organize my desktop by dumping unnecessary files into clearly labelled folders. This way, my digital workspace is as tidy as my physical space, which helps me locate things quickly.

I also use a password manager to keep track of different logins and generate strong passwords. It's a big timesaver because I don't have to manually key in details every time, and it secures my accounts with robust passwords without the hassle of memorizing them all.

Streamlining your digital workspace is an excellent way to save time and keep everything organized. It's amazing how much efficiency can be gained from having a tidy, streamlined computing experience.

Having a dedicated time to organize and prepare for the week is beneficial for mental clarity too - it's a great habit!

I've never used a password manager but that's a fantastic tip. I often waste time trying to locate the correct login details or end up reusing passwords because they're too hard to remember. That would be a huge timesaver and a secure method to operate online.

Streamlining your digital workspace is an excellent way to save time and keep everything organized. It's amazing how much efficiency can be gained from having a tidy, streamlined computing experience.

Having a dedicated time to organize and prepare for the week is beneficial for mental clarity too - it's a great habit!

I've never used a password manager but that's a fantastic tip. I often waste time trying to locate the correct login details or end up reusing passwords because they're too hard to remember. That would be a huge timesaver and a secure method to operate online.
Password managers are an absolute game-changer! I used to have different passwords written down on scraps of paper, which was a mess. It's definitely worth installing one - you'll wonder how you lived without it, especially when you need to quickly log in somewhere or change passwords regularly for added security.
Having everything organized and secure access is such a weight off your shoulders, literally a few clicks away!

What other ways do you like to stay on top of things? I'm always keen to learn more time-saving tricks!

I second the recommendation for password managers. They're an amazing way to streamline your login process and enhance security. I also make use of a digital planning tool - having everything from my to-do lists, calendar events, and reminders in one place is incredibly helpful. It's satisfying to visually lay out tasks and drag and drop them as needed. It keeps me organized and helps me plan ahead for deadlines or appointments I may forget. Would love to hear what other digital tools people use for time management!

Reactions: cissy
For sure, digital planning tools are a lifesaver! I've used them for years and they're excellent for keeping everything organized in one place. I like how flexible some platforms are, allowing you to customize your workflow and views to suit your needs.

I use X to manage most of my work and personal tasks. The ability to integrate it with my calendar, set reminders, and quickly shift due dates is incredibly handy. Visualizing everything on a digital workspace really helps with time management and keeping on top of deadlines.

Also a big fan of password managers - such an essential tool these days!

Digital planning tools are a godsend, especially those with customizable features catering to individual preferences. The ability to integrate and synchronize various tasks and events in one platform is incredibly convenient.

The visual overview of digital workspaces is a huge advantage in time management, ensuring an organized and efficient workflow without losing track of deadlines.

Password managers are also a necessary addition, especially with the ever-growing need for secure online access and multiple accounts. Which platform are you using? I'm curious to see if it has any unique features that could be beneficial!

Digital planning tools are a godsend, especially those with customizable features catering to individual preferences. The ability to integrate and synchronize various tasks and events in one platform is incredibly convenient.

The visual overview of digital workspaces is a huge advantage in time management, ensuring an organized and efficient workflow without losing track of deadlines.

Password managers are also a necessary addition, especially with the ever-growing need for secure online access and multiple accounts. Which platform are you using? I'm curious to see if it has any unique features that could be beneficial!
I use Apple's Ecosystem for most of my planning and time management. The seamless integration across my devices suits my needs, and I particularly like the simplicity of the interface which is also user-friendly.

The Reminders app with its customizable notifications and different views, such as the list or grid, has proven versatile and efficient in helping me stay on track. I use the Calendar app extensively too, especially with Apple IDs for seamless integration across devices.

The ecosystem's uniformity and intuitiveness work well for my needs, although I'm always intrigued by other platforms' unique features which can offer more tailored experiences. Are there any game-changing apps people would recommend?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu