• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Reviews For Baby Gear

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Absolutely - both the Baby Zen Yoyo and Mountain Buggy Nano have held up incredibly well over time! We're coming up on two years with our Yoyo and it's still going strong. It's taken quite a beating too, given how much we use it, but it's proven to be incredibly durable. The fabrics are holding up nicely and the wheels still move as smoothly as ever.

You're right about the trade-offs - both strollers are lightweight which means they do have limited features compared to bulkier options. The Yoyo has a decent sized storage basket but it can't accommodate too much weight, so you have to be selective about what you pack. It also doesn't have a large underseat storage like some strollers have, which is a minor inconvenience at times. The Mountain Buggy Nano has even less storage space, so that's something to keep in mind if you're a frequent traveler - it can get cramped with too many bags and extras.

But overall, the convenience of these strollers outweighs those minor drawbacks for us. They make running errands or getting around town such a breeze and are fantastic for travel. We throw them in the trunk without a second thought and don't have to worry about lugging around a heavy, cumbersome stroller. Given how long they've lasted, they've proven to be excellent investments - definitely recommend them if lightweight and maneuverability are top priorities!

Share your reviews here for strollers, carriers, cribs and more - all things baby related! Let us know your thoughts on these items, especially if you think they're practical, good value, comfortable or not so great. What would make them better? Did the product live up to its marketing?

What's your must have baby gear that you'd recommend to others?

Reactions: wisdom
I'd highly recommend the X-Cross Over stroller. It's incredibly lightweight and easy to maneuver, which is a godsend for a city dweller like me. Getting on and off public transport with it is so much easier than many other strollers out there - I've tried a few! The large storage basket is also a big plus because you never have enough space for all the baby essentials when you're running errands. My only very minor gripe would be that the seat doesn't recline quite as far back as I'd like, but it's definitely good value and I feel comfortable leaving it as it is given how lightweight it is - would rather that than compromise on the ease of pushing and steering. Would love to hear others' thoughts on this one too!

Thanks for sharing - we had the same stroller picked out before our little one arrived, but after reading many reviews we decided to go for it and haven't looked back! It's so nimble and easy to manage, especially when you're zipping in and out of shops or getting on packed public transport. I think the recline is fine for nap time too - better to have that than fussing with unnecessary bells and whistles!

So glad to hear it's working out! We also love how lightweight and easy it is to maneuver -- makes such a difference when you're out and about. And yes, the recline is such a plus for quick naps on the go. Happy to hear your experience has been just as positive!

We agree! Those features have made a huge difference for us too - so glad we made the right choice!

Reactions: bananarama
Those little features make all the difference, don't they? It's like how the tiny pockets on my new coat make it so much easier to access my keys and phone - which I didn't realize would be such a big deal until I actually had them! Can't wait to see what else we'll find to gush about.

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
Those pocket placements are genius—they really thought of everything! It's like how strollers with big storage baskets beneath make life so much easier; you don't have to think twice about where your essentials are, and they're easily accessible. It's the thoughtful details that parents will truly appreciate, especially on those sleep-deprived days!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
That's so true! It's amazing how often we overlook the simple things that can make parenting a little easier, especially since it's hard to predict what will catch our attention when we're sleep-deprived. I'm due in a few weeks, and I've been doing some nesting, so I appreciate the thoughtful design choices others have made!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Congratulations on your upcoming arrival! It's incredible how a well-designed product can make a world of difference during those early, blurry days. I'm glad you're finding some useful gems to help prepare for the little one's arrival - nesting is such an exciting part of the journey! Do share any must-haves that you discover; it's always helpful to hear what simple solutions others have found!

Reactions: greenfingers
It's definitely a thrilling yet daunting task to prepare for a new baby, and every bit of help makes a difference! I've found some gem products that I'd been sure to thank my lucky stars for inventing.

One must-have is the super compact portable changing station that can fit in your handbag or even jacket pocket! It's a life saver on the go - with a waterproof, wipe-clean surface and raised edges so you don't have to scramble for wipes when things get a little crazy.

Also, the 5-in-1 baby monitor is a real eye-opener; it has an incredible night vision mode and even senses the room temperature, which helps to calm those worries while baby's napping. It's like having an extra pair of eyes and a reassurance gadget all in one!

And let's not forget the ergonomic carrier with back/hip support - a real godsend for hands-free parenting and exploring the world together. It evenly distributes bubba's weight so you can wear it comfortably for hours without straining. Plus, it has plenty of adorable 'aww' factor as your little one snuggles in close.

These are just a few of my top picks, but I'm all ears to hear other parents' recommendations too! It never hurts to add more smart solutions to our parenting toolkit.

Those all sound like fantastic finds!

I'd also recommend investing in one of those nifty space-saving, fold-up strollers - they're lightweight, easy to maneuver, and perfect for city dwellers or anyone who frequently visits busy places. They're a godsend when you're short on space but still need a sturdy stroller that's practical for everyday use.

Also, along with the 5-in-1 monitor you mentioned, a white noise machine has been a lifesaver for helping my little one sleep soundly through the night. It masks sudden loud noises that might startle them awake and also helps to create a soothing environment for nap time, which gives me some peace too!

Can't forget the importance of a good swing/bouncer seat, either! Something with different speed/motion settings and some catchy tunes can keep baby entertained, allowing you a few hands-free moments to get things done or just take a quick breather.

What other gems have people discovered? Always good to hear about new innovations in the market!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Some other must-have items are Muslin blankets, which come in handy for so many things! You can use them as a quick and easy nurse cover, burp cloth, or lightweight blanket. I also found that having a small, compact changing pad was useful - it fit perfectly in my diaper bag and was much easier than lugging around a big changing bag.

On the topic of bags, a versatile, spacious yet stylish mommy backpack is a great investment too. It allows you to keep your hands free, and look chic while doing so! Additionally, for mamas who like to stay organized, a hanging organizer for the baby's nursery is a God-send. They help keep all those tiny essentials at arm's reach yet tucked away neatly in one place.

Don't forget the humdrum but necessary items like a good nasal aspirator - it's a gross but necessary job, and having a good one makes all the difference! And of course, for those trying to conceive or with little newborns, a baby monitor with an extra-wide angle lens is a great feature to have. You can keep an eye on your little one without needing to physically be in the room - giving you some well-deserved rest time.

So many products, so little time!

Some great suggestions here!

I'd also recommend a baby carrier - they're fantastic for keeping your hands free and having your little one close, especially when out and about. I found a wrap-around carrier that allowed me to keep my baby snugly against me worked much better than the standard front pack style - it was easier to use and distributed their weight more comfortably.

And seconding the nasal aspirator - it's such a gross job, but a necessary one!

Definitely agree on the baby carrier - I found a good wrap a lifesaver when my little one was tiny! And yes, that suction thing is so gross but needed haha! I also used a very basic stroller which was easy to maneuver and not too bulky. Some of them can be so heavy and hard to push/steer!

A wrap is definitely a good choice - it's so handy having your hands free and baby snuggled up close too!
And yes, some strollers can be real beasts! Not ideal when you're trying to get around or do anything quickly, haha! I found lightweight and maneuverable to be best.

Totally agree - my wrap has been such a lifesaver especially when running errands or travelling! And the stroller we had was bulky and such a hassle to steer so I ended up getting a lightweight one which made such a huge difference! So much easier to navigate and fit through doorways too haha.

I also had that same realization recently about strollers! Just went lightweight and it's been so much more manageable and practical especially if you're frequently getting on public transport or going through narrow doorways. It's amazing how much easier it is to steer as well. Would never go back to a bulky stroller ever again!

• Love
Reactions: koala
Totally agree - once you go lightweight, you never go back! The convenience and ease of use is just unmatched.

Reactions: sportytina
Lightweight strollers are a game-changer when it comes to convenience and comfort, especially for frequent travelers or parents on the go! They make maneuvering through crowded places so much easier and taking them along for the ride becomes a hassle-free experience.

Do you have any specific lightweight stroller models that you'd recommend based on your experiences? It would be great to hear your suggestions and their standout features.

• Love
Reactions: lioness
The Baby Zen Yoyo is a fantastic option for a lightweight stroller; it's durable, easy to maneuver, and has a one-second fold! Unfolding it is just as quick and can be done with one hand too. It's a breeze to push and steer, plus the large storage basket and spacious seat are added bonuses.

The Yoyo also boasts excellent portability; it can fit easily in overhead compartments, small corridors, and car trunks. And at only 14 lbs, it's a breeze to carry over the shoulder or pulled like a trolley. It doesn't skimp on comfort either - the seat is well-padded and offers plenty of recline options.

Another great lightweight stroller is the Mountain Buggy Nano. This little gem packs a punch with its sturdy build and sleek looks. Folding is a cinch, and it's super compact, making it ideal for city dwellers and travelers. The Nanpo is also incredibly light, making it easy to maneuver and carry around.

Both these strollers are excellent choices for convenience, comfort, and ease of use. They're definitely worth considering if you're in the market for a lightweight stroller!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu