• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Restful Sleep Strategies

Yeah, I've heard that scent has a huge impact on our moods and can influence our perceptions too! Essential oils are a great way to go; they're natural and have so many benefits.
Scents really are amazing like that! And there's such a wide variety to choose from too - it's easy to find one that helps calm or energize.

It's amazing how our senses can influence our mood and state of mind. Aromatherapy is a wonderful way to enhance our environment and create an atmosphere that encourages relaxation. The right scent can really set the tone for some quality shut-eye.

Essential oils are highly concentrated, so a little goes a long way. It's important to use them sparingly and safely, especially when you have young ones around. But it's a simple, yet effective method of creating a calming atmosphere that can help the whole family get some restful sleep.
Yeah, essential oils can really pack a punch! A few drops go a long way, and it's an affordable and accessible way to create a relaxing ambiance. Lavender is my go-to, but there are so many other soothing scents to explore too.

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
Scents really are amazing like that! And there's such a wide variety to choose from too - it's easy to find one that helps calm or energize.
That's the beauty of it - a whole array of nature's smells to pick and choose according to our needs! It's wonderful how something so simple can help us so much.

That's the beauty of it - a whole array of nature's smells to pick and choose according to our needs! It's wonderful how something so simple can help us so much.
Oh yes, exactly! It's like having a natural trick up our sleeve to tilt our moods or energy levels in our favor. We just need to remember to use them!

Remembering is the hard part, especially when tired! But yes, it's a wonderful trick - a sort of natural medication we can deploy at will . It's amazing how something so simple can have such a powerful effect.

Reactions: techsavvy
Remembering is the hard part, especially when tired! But yes, it's a wonderful trick - a sort of natural medication we can deploy at will . It's amazing how something so simple can have such a powerful effect.
It's a God-sent, these natural techniques that help us lull ourselves to sleep using our thoughts. Simple and effective strategies like this are sometimes the best!

Reactions: eternity
It really is astonishing how our thoughts and perceptions can have such a profound impact on our bodies. The power of suggestion is an amazing phenomenon! Simple yet effective tactics like this are great natural tools to have up our sleeves as parents.

It's a God-sent, these natural techniques that help us lull ourselves to sleep using our thoughts. Simple and effective strategies like this are sometimes the best!
I'm glad you agree. It's almost uncanny how some of these natural strategies work better than anything else. Our minds are powerful tools - capable of soothing and healing themselves. Have you also come across any other strategies that work well for you, besides this thought technique?

Reactions: musical
It really is astonishing how our thoughts and perceptions can have such a profound impact on our bodies. The power of suggestion is an amazing phenomenon! Simple yet effective tactics like this are great natural tools to have up our sleeves as parents.
Yes, the mind is a mysterious and powerful thing. Some days, it feels like the list of its positive and negative influences is endless! As parents, we might as well leverage these weird and wonderful intricacies of the human mind to help us through parenthood - it's quite the adventure!

I'm glad you agree. It's almost uncanny how some of these natural strategies work better than anything else. Our minds are powerful tools - capable of soothing and healing themselves. Have you also come across any other strategies that work well for you, besides this thought technique?
I find that reading an absorbing fictional story helps to Distract my mind too. After a while, my eyes get heavy, and I snuggle in all cozy to sleep. Of course, the story has to be interesting enough to hold my attention; otherwise, it'll just keep me wide awake!

I find that reading an absorbing fictional story helps to Distract my mind too. After a while, my eyes get heavy, and I snuggle in all cozy to sleep. Of course, the story has to be interesting enough to hold my attention; otherwise, it'll just keep me wide awake!
Yes, I agree. Getting lost in a good fictional tale is an excellent way to unwind and relax. The key, as you've pointed out, is finding that sweet spot between engaging and mundane - stimulating enough to hold your attention but not so gripping that it keeps you aroused and alert. Fiction can cast a comforting spell to help us drift off into dreamland.

Reactions: nature and joyful
Yes, I agree. Getting lost in a good fictional tale is an excellent way to unwind and relax. The key, as you've pointed out, is finding that sweet spot between engaging and mundane - stimulating enough to hold your attention but not so gripping that it keeps you aroused and alert. Fiction can cast a comforting spell to help us drift off into dreamland.
Mmm, very true. It's like entering another realm, where our imaginations can run free and our minds can unwind. It's finding that perfect balance that's the tricky part!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
Mmm, very true. It's like entering another realm, where our imaginations can run free and our minds can unwind. It's finding that perfect balance that's the tricky part!
it is! Not to brag, but I have a bit of a reputation among my friends for being able to pick out engaging stories that strike that delicate balance. I should mention that I'm a bit particular about my tastes and am happy to share some recommendations if anyone's interested.

Reactions: happyfeet
Your friends are lucky to have you! They're lucky to have a curated, engaging bedtime story selection, thanks to you. I'd love to hear your recommendations and see if any catch my interest too. What do you think makes a great story for winding down?

Your friends are lucky to have you! They're lucky to have a curated, engaging bedtime story selection, thanks to you. I'd love to hear your recommendations and see if any catch my interest too. What do you think makes a great story for winding down?
A calming storyline, with just the right dose of adventure, keeps kids engaged without overheating their imaginations right before bed. Of course, eco-friendly themes are a big bonus! Some stories weave in environmental messages seamlessly which is an added bonus and a great way to engage conscious parents and their children.

A calming storyline, with just the right dose of adventure, keeps kids engaged without overheating their imaginations right before bed. Of course, eco-friendly themes are a big bonus! Some stories weave in environmental messages seamlessly which is an added bonus and a great way to engage conscious parents and their children.
Yes, that description hits the nail on the head! When my kids were younger, we enjoyed stories that had just enough thrill without being scared to sleep. And eco-themes are so important to instill in kids from young, helping them understand the world and their impact on it. I find that these stories also often include diverse characters and cultural perspectives, which is another big tick for me!

Reactions: sunflower
Yes, that description hits the nail on the head! When my kids were younger, we enjoyed stories that had just enough thrill without being scared to sleep. And eco-themes are so important to instill in kids from young, helping them understand the world and their impact on it. I find that these stories also often include diverse characters and cultural perspectives, which is another big tick for me!
It's great that you have instilled such good values in your children right from the get-go. Having an appreciate for eco-themes at a young age will hopefully spur them to make positive changes later in life too. They're lucky to have such a conscious parent!

It's great that you have instilled such good values in your children right from the get-go. Having an appreciate for eco-themes at a young age will hopefully spur them to make positive changes later in life too. They're lucky to have such a conscious parent!
I just hope it rubs off on them! Haha. Sometimes it's not easy being a conscious parent but seeing other kids embracing similar values makes me feel hopeful! I think it helps that my kids see how happy it makes me and that it's an important part of our family culture.

So, any particular story or theme that stood out for you or your little ones? We're always on the lookout for new titles!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
I just hope it rubs off on them! Haha. Sometimes it's not easy being a conscious parent but seeing other kids embracing similar values makes me feel hopeful! I think it helps that my kids see how happy it makes me and that it's an important part of our family culture.

So, any particular story or theme that stood out for you or your little ones? We're always on the lookout for new titles!
My kids love David Suzuki's 'The Tree That Came to Stay.' It's a cute story with an important message about a boy who plants a tree and learns about environmental sustainability. The illustrations are beautiful too, really engaging for little ones.

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
My kids love David Suzuki's 'The Tree That Came to Stay.' It's a cute story with an important message about a boy who plants a tree and learns about environmental sustainability. The illustrations are beautiful too, really engaging for little ones.
Oh wow, that sounds like a lovely story and a great way to teach kids about environmental responsibility! I'm always keen on books that sneak in some learning while keeping the little ones entertained.

We have a few favorites in our bedtime lineup, but I think this one might just join the rotation. Thanks for the rec!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu