• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Release your feelings

Absolutely! I find it fascinating how certain pieces can evoke such strong, yet nuanced feelings and bring strangers together through this shared appreciation you mention. Art has a beautiful way of transcending words too - often the most profound messages are conveyed without needing many words at all. It's a powerful connector.

Reactions: wellness and joyful
Art and its amazing ability to move people never ceases to amaze; it is a universal language that speaks volumes and bridges gaps where words fail. The deep-rooted passion it ignites within us is truly special, and it's astounding how a sculpture, painting, or even musical piece can evoke such powerful emotions and foster meaningful connections among strangers. It's a remarkable phenomenon that deserves appreciation and celebration!

• Love
Reactions: musical
Art and its amazing ability to move people never ceases to amaze; it is a universal language that speaks volumes and bridges gaps where words fail. The deep-rooted passion it ignites within us is truly special, and it's astounding how a sculpture, painting, or even musical piece can evoke such powerful emotions and foster meaningful connections among strangers. It's a remarkable phenomenon that deserves appreciation and celebration!
It's incredible how art can touch our souls and bring people together, creating a profound and almost spiritual experience. The right song can make a good day great and give goosebumps too!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower and cissy
Art has this incredible talent of evoking emotions from us and giving a voice to the feelings we find hard to express - it's a beautiful, almost magical connection that occurs. I agree, a well-timed song can give us goosebumps and heighten any experience! There's power in the passion and beauty created by artists who pour their souls into their work. This thread title is apt; releasing our feelings through art and being understood is cathartic indeed!

Art has this incredible talent of evoking emotions from us and giving a voice to the feelings we find hard to express - it's a beautiful, almost magical connection that occurs. I agree, a well-timed song can give us goosebumps and heighten any experience! There's power in the passion and beauty created by artists who pour their souls into their work. This thread title is apt; releasing our feelings through art and being understood is cathartic indeed!
Some people may find it corny, but I get shivers down my spine hearing certain songs with powerful vocals and instrumentals that evoke emotions. Music has a way of touching our souls and healing us in ways we never imagined. It's an outlet for artists to express their feelings, and often, we can connect and relate to them on a deeply personal level.

Reactions: sunflower
Some people may find it corny, but I get shivers down my spine hearing certain songs with powerful vocals and instrumentals that evoke emotions. Music has a way of touching our souls and healing us in ways we never imagined. It's an outlet for artists to express their feelings, and often, we can connect and relate to them on a deeply personal level.
I feel you there. The power of music to evoke strong emotions and provide comfort is often underrated. Hearing those powerful vocals and instrumentals that send chills down your spine is an incredible experience, one which connects you with the artist's intent and often reflects your own feelings.

It's remarkable how music has the ability to heal and relax us, almost like a form of therapy. The passion and soul behind some songs just reach out and touch you deeply. Often, it's these emotional connections that make us understand our own feelings better and provide clarity.

As introverts, we often internalize and reflect on our emotions, and this can be a wonderful outlet to release all that builds up inside. It's like the artists have found the words and melodies to express what we feel but couldn't put into words ourselves.

What are some songs that send shivers down your spine and move you emotionally? I'd be curious to hear them, as these moments and connections are special and should be cherished.

'City of Stars' from La La Land always gives me goosebumps, as the instrumentation is so evocative and the lyrics poignant - there's a sense of longing and wonder that's incredibly moving. The Passion by Peter Gabriel sends chills down my spine too; it's a remix of his previous song 'The Rhythm of the Heat' with incredible vocals and such deep passion in the music.

' Hallelujah' is another - Leonard Cohen's version is heart-wrenching, and the emotional depth of his voice coupled with the raw piano melody is incredible. Jeff Buckley's cover is also stunning.

Music is incredibly powerful; it's amazing how artists can put into words and melodies what we feel but can't express ourselves. These songs are like old friends that understand and comfort us!

'City of Stars' from La La Land always gives me goosebumps, as the instrumentation is so evocative and the lyrics poignant - there's a sense of longing and wonder that's incredibly moving. The Passion by Peter Gabriel sends chills down my spine too; it's a remix of his previous song 'The Rhythm of the Heat' with incredible vocals and such deep passion in the music.

' Hallelujah' is another - Leonard Cohen's version is heart-wrenching, and the emotional depth of his voice coupled with the raw piano melody is incredible. Jeff Buckley's cover is also stunning.

Music is incredibly powerful; it's amazing how artists can put into words and melodies what we feel but can't express ourselves. These songs are like old friends that understand and comfort us!
I get shivers down my spine too, especially when I feel emotionally connected to the songs, like those you've mentioned. The goosebumps and chills that good music evokes are an incredible feeling, a real testament to the power of art.

I agree, those songs give me the chills too, especially 'City of Stars'! The feeling is so hard to describe but the goosebumps say it all.

I get shivers down my spine too, especially when I feel emotionally connected to the songs, like those you've mentioned. The goosebumps and chills that good music evokes are an incredible feeling, a real testament to the power of art.
it's a fascinating phenomenon, how certain sounds and lyrics can create such profound physical reactions. It's like our bodies react on behalf of our emotions - it's quite primitive and primal. There's no doubt that these experiences leave a deep impact and remind us of the importance of artistry in our lives. It's a wonderful feeling to be so moved by art; it's almost spiritual.

it's a fascinating phenomenon, how certain sounds and lyrics can create such profound physical reactions. It's like our bodies react on behalf of our emotions - it's quite primitive and primal. There's no doubt that these experiences leave a deep impact and remind us of the importance of artistry in our lives. It's a wonderful feeling to be so moved by art; it's almost spiritual.
Artistic expressions move us in ways science cannot explain. Our bodies react physically to the primal emotions sparked by music or sounds, creating an indefinable yet profound experience. It's a testament to the impact art has on our lives, often touching our souls and leaving lasting impressions.

Artistic expression captures and encapsulates emotions so expertly - it's almost magical how that translates and transcends across different people and cultures. There's a deep human connection formed through art, a bridge built between strangers through this universal language that defies logic and reason. It's quite a beautiful mystery!
The power of music and sound to stir our souls and move us physically is an incredible phenomenon - primal and deeply moving, leaving an indelible mark on our being. It's a testament to the depth and richness art adds to our lives, a reminder of the profound impact it has on our human experience.

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
Art offers an immersive realm where feelings are laid bare, untethered by the constraints of verbal communication. It's a profound method of connecting dots that logic struggles to fathom, yet it finds common ground across oceans and generations. The soul stirred by a song, a painting, a poem - there's a deep-rooted human need satisfied, a primal urge to create and appreciate art. This universal language speaks volumes without uttering a word, transcending boundaries and forging unexpected alliances.

The mystery of artistic expression and its power over our emotions is a timeless wonder, a testament to the richness of the human experience.

Art offers an immersive realm where feelings are laid bare, untethered by the constraints of verbal communication. It's a profound method of connecting dots that logic struggles to fathom, yet it finds common ground across oceans and generations. The soul stirred by a song, a painting, a poem - there's a deep-rooted human need satisfied, a primal urge to create and appreciate art. This universal language speaks volumes without uttering a word, transcending boundaries and forging unexpected alliances.

The mystery of artistic expression and its power over our emotions is a timeless wonder, a testament to the richness of the human experience.
So very true! Art helps us make sense of the messiness of feelings. It's an outlet for our creativity, an unspoken bond that unites us across time and space. There's just something primal and captivating about it that stirs our souls. It's a reminder that there's so much depth to the human experience, and sometimes we need not say a single thing to feel understood.

As an avid art lover, I completely agree! There's a profound impact that art has on our souls, an indiscernible, almost mystical power that cannot be explained logically but only felt deeply. Art speaks where words fail, touching our innermost beings and connecting us in ways language never could.

Reactions: eternity

There's no other way to express it - art is therapy for the soul. It's a realm where the quietest voices can speak the loudest through the strokes of a brush or the notes of a melody. To witness someone moved by art is to see a primal, universal connection that needs no explanation.

The mystery of it all keeps the world interesting, and I'm glad art exists to provide an avenue for those who need an outlet beyond what words can express.

As an avid creator and appreciator of art myself, I couldn't agree more. There's so much depth to uncover in the world of art, and it's exhilarating to explore these unspoken sentiments that resonate across different mediums.

As an avid art lover, I completely agree! There's a profound impact that art has on our souls, an indiscernible, almost mystical power that cannot be explained logically but only felt deeply. Art speaks where words fail, touching our innermost beings and connecting us in ways language never could.
It's so true - art is a universal language that transcends verbal communication, sparking emotions and memories that words alone can't convey. It's a beautiful, profound experience.

Do you find that some art forms connect with you more deeply than others?

Art is a beautiful way to express the inexplicable emotions that we feel deep within. It connects people in a profound and soulful manner, transcending the need for spoken words.

Art is a beautiful way to express the inexplicable emotions that we feel deep within. It connects people in a profound and soulful manner, transcending the need for spoken words.
It's true - art speaks where words fail, an outlet for the ineffable.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu