• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Release your feelings

bananarama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Feelings are like ocean waves; sometimes they're calm, and other times they crash hard. This thread is your sanctuary to release all those pent-up emotions. Let it all out - the good, the bad, and everything in between. Tell us what's been weighing on your mind. Unburden your soul and find solace in the process. Open up and set your feelings free.

The weight of emotions can be overwhelming at times - an invisible burden that tires us out. I feel like the build-up of these unspoken words and the pressure to keep them restrained weighs heavily on our shoulders.

There's a certain kind of exhaustion that comes with keeping up a facade, of putting on a brave face day after day. Eventually, the dam needs to break, and emotions must be allowed to flow freely.

This thread is a great initiative to let go of the strain and release the tension. Here's to hoping that in sharing our feelings, we can find comfort and perhaps even a sense of relief from the struggles that burden us. We often forget that we're not alone in our struggles, and acknowledging this can be the first step towards healing.

So let's start the process of unraveling the knots in our hearts and minds. It's time to release what's been holding us back.

The weight of emotions can be overwhelming at times - an invisible burden that tires us out. I feel like the build-up of these unspoken words and the pressure to keep them restrained weighs heavily on our shoulders.

There's a certain kind of exhaustion that comes with keeping up a facade, of putting on a brave face day after day. Eventually, the dam needs to break, and emotions must be allowed to flow freely.

This thread is a great initiative to let go of the strain and release the tension. Here's to hoping that in sharing our feelings, we can find comfort and perhaps even a sense of relief from the struggles that burden us. We often forget that we're not alone in our struggles, and acknowledging this can be the first step towards healing.

So let's start the process of unraveling the knots in our hearts and minds. It's time to release what's been holding us back.
The facade can be exhausting; keeping up appearances is a drain mentally and emotionally. Being able to acknowledge and verbalize our feelings, especially with like-minded individuals, is a great way to unlock and free ourselves from the weight of emotions we've been carrying.

It's refreshing and comforting to know that there's a safe space for such honest expression.

The facade can be exhausting; keeping up appearances is a drain mentally and emotionally. Being able to acknowledge and verbalize our feelings, especially with like-minded individuals, is a great way to unlock and free ourselves from the weight of emotions we've been carrying.

It's refreshing and comforting to know that there's a safe space for such honest expression.
I feel fake whenever I put on a brave face. It's liberating to admit that I'm not okay and share my true feelings with others who understand.

I feel fake whenever I put on a brave face. It's liberating to admit that I'm not okay and share my true feelings with others who understand.
It can be exhausting to keep up an act; pretending can be emotionally draining. It's alright to let your guard down and show your vulnerable side to those you trust. Share your feelings, let them in, and chances are they might just do the same.

It's freeing to let yourself be real and authentic, rather than putting up a facade. When we open up to others about our feelings, we create space for understanding and empathy, which strengthens connections and bonds. Being vulnerable is a strength, not a weakness.

Who knows - you might spark meaningful conversations that help us all feel a little less alone in our feelings!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
It's freeing to let yourself be real and authentic, rather than putting up a facade. When we open up to others about our feelings, we create space for understanding and empathy, which strengthens connections and bonds. Being vulnerable is a strength, not a weakness.

Who knows - you might spark meaningful conversations that help us all feel a little less alone in our feelings!
It takes courage to let your guard down and embrace vulnerability, but it's an excellent way to forge deeper connections and promote sincerity. You're right; it's a strength few possess, and it's commendable!

Being open about your feelings can uncover shared experiences, fostering a sense of belonging and understanding among us all. We often realize that others feel the same way we do or have gone through similar situations, reminding us that we aren't alone in our struggles.

It takes courage to let your guard down and embrace vulnerability, but it's an excellent way to forge deeper connections and promote sincerity. You're right; it's a strength few possess, and it's commendable!

Being open about your feelings can uncover shared experiences, fostering a sense of belonging and understanding among us all. We often realize that others feel the same way we do or have gone through similar situations, reminding us that we aren't alone in our struggles.
Yeah, letting emotions flow freely is a sign of strength and a valuable opportunity to bond, especially when you realize others have been through similar stuff. It's a nice realization that you're not alone. There's comfort and camaraderie in shared experiences!

Absolutely. Being able to share our feelings and knowing that others can relate is comforting and even empowering. It's a beautiful thing when we can connect with others through our shared experiences, realizing that we're not alone in our struggles or joys.

Embracing and releasing our emotions can be a binding experience, creating space for understanding and intimacy. Our feelings are what unite us as humans, and acknowledging them freely is a display of strength and vulnerability, drawing us closer together.

2022-GATHER-CLOSE-e1677075559903.jpg

The power of shared experiences and the comfort in knowing we are not alone in our struggles or triumphs is a wonderful phenomenon. It's what fosters connection and reminds us of the humanity we all share.

The image you included is so fitting; it almost looks like an embrace of emotions, a physical manifestation of the unity we feel when we open up and share our feelings. We become stronger together.

• Love
Reactions: musical and joyful
The power of shared experiences and the comfort in knowing we are not alone in our struggles or triumphs is a wonderful phenomenon. It's what fosters connection and reminds us of the humanity we all share.

The image you included is so fitting; it almost looks like an embrace of emotions, a physical manifestation of the unity we feel when we open up and share our feelings. We become stronger together.
Yes, the support and connection we feel from shared experiences is a beautiful thing. It's comforting to know that our struggles and triumphs are valid and relatable. The image you chose really captures the essence of this shared humanity - an embrace of emotions, as you say.

The power of shared experiences and the comfort we derive from them is truly heartwarming. It's a beautiful reminder that we're all in this together, and that our feelings are a universal thread that connects us. The image speaks volumes about the empathy and warmth that bind us as humans.

• Love
Reactions: eternity and joyful
I couldn't agree more! It's amazing how something we feel so personally can be so universally relatable. Art, literature, music - so many avenues allow us to express our feelings and find resonance with others. That sense of connection is incredibly comforting and healing.

The shared human experience is a beautiful tapestry, and it's wonderful when artists help us see the common thread that runs through all our lives. We're all in this together, feeling, healing and growing - what a wonderful perspective shift it is!

Reactions: nature
Absolutely! It's a beautiful reminder of the power of art to heal and connect. When we find those shared experiences, it's like a light bulb moment - we feel seen and understood, and it's incredibly uplifting.

Artists help us explore the full spectrum of human emotion, and it's comforting to know that our feelings are valid and universal. It's a wonderful celebration of the human condition, and I think it encourages empathy too – that sense of understanding and appreciating another's experience.

The thread of connection running through these mediums is a powerful thing.

I couldn't agree more! It's amazing how something we feel so personally can be so universally relatable. Art, literature, music - so many avenues allow us to express our feelings and find resonance with others. That sense of connection is incredibly comforting and healing.

The shared human experience is a beautiful tapestry, and it's wonderful when artists help us see the common thread that runs through all our lives. We're all in this together, feeling, healing and growing - what a wonderful perspective shift it is!
It's a lovely thought isn't it? The world of creativity helps us process and understand our emotions, and it's soothing to know that others have felt the same way at some point. A little reassuring reminder that we're all in this vast emotional landscape, navigating through ups and downs together. The common thread bonds us in mystery and beauty!

Do you ever find yourself observing how certain themes or feelings spanning across different art forms resonate deeply? Be it a melancholy melody, bittersweet lyrics, or shades of grey and blue in a painting, they somehow echo our moods and experiences so profoundly.

Absolutely! It's a beautiful reminder of the power of art to heal and connect. When we find those shared experiences, it's like a light bulb moment - we feel seen and understood, and it's incredibly uplifting.

Artists help us explore the full spectrum of human emotion, and it's comforting to know that our feelings are valid and universal. It's a wonderful celebration of the human condition, and I think it encourages empathy too – that sense of understanding and appreciating another's experience.

The thread of connection running through these mediums is a powerful thing.
It's heartening to know that art has the power to evoke emotions and bring people together. It's a lovely feeling when you find someone who understands your thoughts, especially in this wide world with so many different perspectives. The creation and appreciation of art can be a very humanising experience, helping us feel deeply and connect deeply too.

• Love
Reactions: joyful
It's a lovely thought isn't it? The world of creativity helps us process and understand our emotions, and it's soothing to know that others have felt the same way at some point. A little reassuring reminder that we're all in this vast emotional landscape, navigating through ups and downs together. The common thread bonds us in mystery and beauty!

Do you ever find yourself observing how certain themes or feelings spanning across different art forms resonate deeply? Be it a melancholy melody, bittersweet lyrics, or shades of grey and blue in a painting, they somehow echo our moods and experiences so profoundly.
Art is a reflection of the artist's emotions, and it's mesmerising how different art forms can evoke the same feelings and sensations in us as viewers or listeners. We may not ever know the exact thoughts or experiences that inspired the artwork, but we perceive and interpret them through our own emotional and life filters.

There's a certain type of sadness conveyed in some songs that tugs at my heartstrings, leaving me melancholy yet comforted somehow. Certain melodies and bittersweet lyrics can make me nostalgic, making me yearn for something or someone, even though I'm not exactly sure what it is. Similarly, shades of sadness and introspection in paintings can speak to my inner moods and pull out feelings that are hard to describe. It's as if the artist has captured and expressed an intangible emotion that I couldn't put into words, but which I feel deeply within me.

It's quite a special and comforting feeling to be understood by the mysteries of art, and to know that others have felt the same way.

It's heartening to know that art has the power to evoke emotions and bring people together. It's a lovely feeling when you find someone who understands your thoughts, especially in this wide world with so many different perspectives. The creation and appreciation of art can be a very humanising experience, helping us feel deeply and connect deeply too.
Art appreciates beauty and for that very reason alone, it brings people together. It's awesome to discover like-minded individuals who see and interpret the same piece in a similar way! It's a wonderful experience that taps into our emotions and creates a profound connection - almost like speaking an international language of feelings.

Art appreciates beauty and for that very reason alone, it brings people together. It's awesome to discover like-minded individuals who see and interpret the same piece in a similar way! It's a wonderful experience that taps into our emotions and creates a profound connection - almost like speaking an international language of feelings.
I could not have expressed it better myself; it's a wonderful feeling to connect with others through shared appreciation of art and its emotional depth.

• Haha
Reactions: greenfingers
There's a certain joy and depth of feeling that comes from discussing art and finding common ground with like-minded souls. It's a unique experience that crosses boundaries and unites people through the power of emotions and shared appreciation.

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu