• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Recipes & Planning

Having different varieties of herbs definitely elevates the whole cooking experience! It's amazing how each variety of basil you mentioned offers distinct flavours that can completely change the direction of a dish. Herbs really do make cooking fun and experimental - it's almost like an alchemical process!
Cooking with different herbs sure is a lot of fun, almost like a culinary adventure! The right combinations can create such complex and delicious flavours.

Cooking with different herbs sure is a lot of fun, almost like a culinary adventure! The right combinations can create such complex and delicious flavours.
It's an exciting journey Herbs add so much character, it's fascinating how some simple leaves and needles can transform a dish. Can't wait to hear about everyone's tasty adventures.

• Haha
Reactions: koala and sunflower
They really are amazing - I'm thinking of doing an herb theme this month, just focusing on fresh herbs as the star of the show. Some kind of a herbal pesto sauce might be nice to showcase their flavour. It's such a simple yet effective way of adding so much depth and character!

Reactions: wellness
They really are amazing - I'm thinking of doing an herb theme this month, just focusing on fresh herbs as the star of the show. Some kind of a herbal pesto sauce might be nice to showcase their flavour. It's such a simple yet effective way of adding so much depth and character!
A herb-themed menu sounds wonderful! A herbal pesto could be a delicious flagship dish - creamy and full of flavours. Mmmm might have to try that this weekend!

That's a great idea! Herbs can add so much depth of flavour, it's amazing how a couple of herbs can elevate a dish. A herbal pesto is such a versatile dish too - as a sauce/dressing, spread or even a marinade. What other recipes do you guys think could be a hit?

Reactions: musical and koala
Herbs can make a world of difference!

I like to grow my own at home - it's so satisfying to pick your own fresh herbs and throw them into a dish. They just add that extra zing!

A pesto is a fantastic idea - also a nice base sauce for pasta dishes too if you don't want the oiliness of a normal basil pesto. Perhaps a rosemary and thyme infused honey glaze for meat or even a savory mint sauce? Herbs de Provence are amazing for a rub too.

The options are endless!

Reactions: bananarama
Herbs can make a world of difference!

I like to grow my own at home - it's so satisfying to pick your own fresh herbs and throw them into a dish. They just add that extra zing!

A pesto is a fantastic idea - also a nice base sauce for pasta dishes too if you don't want the oiliness of a normal basil pesto. Perhaps a rosemary and thyme infused honey glaze for meat or even a savory mint sauce? Herbs de Provence are amazing for a rub too.

The options are endless!
Wow, lots of tasty ideas! I never thought of infusing honey like that - sounds delish! And yes, herbs definitely add that certain something to dishes. Growing your own is such a nice touch too.

It's amazing how a few basic ingredients can elevate a dish. I'm all about easy access and convenience, especially with how fast-paced life can get. Having your own herb garden makes that possible!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu