• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Recipes & Planning

Pressure cooks are a wonder in the kitchen, making cooking effortless and saving so much time! They're versatile too - great for everyday meals as well as more formal dinner parties. Quick, tasty, and efficient - what's not to love!

Pressure cookers are a godsend to busy cooks everywhere! I especially love how pressure cooking retains the flavours of the ingredients so well. The sealed environment really locks in all those lovely tastes and aromas, creating such deep and rich flavorsome dishes. Plus, the speed and ease of cooking means you can whip up tasty, healthy meals in no time - a real win for busy weeknights!

The versatility is also a huge bonus, and with the right recipe, you can serve up impressive and elegant meals fit for any dinner party. It's like having a compact pressure cooking assistant that delivers delicious results every time!

Pressure cooks are a wonder in the kitchen, making cooking effortless and saving so much time! They're versatile too - great for everyday meals as well as more formal dinner parties. Quick, tasty, and efficient - what's not to love!
It is a convenient masterpiece for all occasions, especially when cooking for special dietary needs or preparing foods for the picky little ones with sensitive palates! It's like having superpowers in the kitchen!

There's no denying that pressure cookers are incredibly convenient, especially on busy days or when you've got a million things to prep for a dinner party! They definitely take the stress out of cooking. Do you have any go-to recipes you whip up with your pressure cooker? I'm always keen to expand my recipe repertoire.

I love my pressure cooker for quick and easy meals! One of my favorite go-tos is a fall-off-the-bone Pressure Cooker Beef Stew. It's as simple as browning some stewing beef, tossing in some onions, garlic, carrots and celery, then adding in some beef broth and whatever herbs you have on hand (I usually go for thyme and bay leaf). Set the timer and walk away - 45 minutes later you have a hearty, flavourful stew.

Another pressure cooker win is lemony chicken and rice. Brown some chicken pieces, sear the sides, then add in some white wine, stock, sliced lemons, garlic, and herbs. Layer in some rice and let the pressure cooker work its magic. It's like a one pot wonder - juicy chicken and delicious creamy rice, full of lemon zest.

Two tips though: pressure cookers can be temperamental so make sure to occasionally release steam manually during cooking, and give the pot a good clean between dishes for best results.

I love my pressure cooker for quick and easy meals! One of my favorite go-tos is a fall-off-the-bone Pressure Cooker Beef Stew. It's as simple as browning some stewing beef, tossing in some onions, garlic, carrots and celery, then adding in some beef broth and whatever herbs you have on hand (I usually go for thyme and bay leaf). Set the timer and walk away - 45 minutes later you have a hearty, flavourful stew.

Another pressure cooker win is lemony chicken and rice. Brown some chicken pieces, sear the sides, then add in some white wine, stock, sliced lemons, garlic, and herbs. Layer in some rice and let the pressure cooker work its magic. It's like a one pot wonder - juicy chicken and delicious creamy rice, full of lemon zest.

Two tips though: pressure cookers can be temperamental so make sure to occasionally release steam manually during cooking, and give the pot a good clean between dishes for best results.
I mostly cook Asian meals at home. My slow-cooker Beef Rendang is tender and flavorful, with a rich coconut milk-based sauce that's mouthwatering. To balance the richness of the dish, I also add some fermented soybean paste (taucheo) and fresh lemongrass, which cuts through the creaminess with its zesty aroma.

For a quick and healthy dinner, my go-to is steamed salmon with ginger and spring onions. It's so simple yet packed with flavor and moisture. Serve it with some soy sauce-dressed vegetables and you have a tasty, nutritious meal ready in minutes!

Reactions: happyfeet
Beef Rendang is an excellent, rich slow cooker meal. The taucheo and lemongrass addition sounds delicious and a great tip to cut through the richness of the coconut milk.

Steamed salmon is such an underrated, quick, and tasty dinner option. It's a great healthy go-to, and the ginger and spring onion add so much flavor. Soy sauce-dressed veggies are a perfect side too.

Beef Rendang is an excellent, rich slow cooker meal. The taucheo and lemongrass addition sounds delicious and a great tip to cut through the richness of the coconut milk.

Steamed salmon is such an underrated, quick, and tasty dinner option. It's a great healthy go-to, and the ginger and spring onion add so much flavor. Soy sauce-dressed veggies are a perfect side too.
It's like having a hidden gem of a restaurant menu in your very own kitchen. Delicious, convenient, and nutritious!

Reactions: bubblyfish

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu