• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Recipes & Planning

Macarons are finicky - I feel your pain! But the savouriness of the pistachio cream and strawberry jam filling is a delight.

Apple strudel is a classic for good reason! Cinnamon sugar is a delicious standard, but you've got me thinking about the potential for some exciting variations. Perhaps some cardamom and rosewater could give it an elegant twist. Or even a deep rich chocolate and orange version - mmm. Time to get experimental!
It's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one who struggles with macarons!   

An apple strudel with cardamon and rosewater does sound like a lovely grown-up treat, almost like a Middle Eastern-inspired dessert. The aroma of rosewater is so fragrant and definitely a welcome change from the usual spices.

Chocolate and orange is a classic combination that never fails to impress, too. That rich, dark chocolate paired with zesty orange is so indulgent. I'm starting to salivate!

It's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one who struggles with macarons!   

An apple strudel with cardamon and rosewater does sound like a lovely grown-up treat, almost like a Middle Eastern-inspired dessert. The aroma of rosewater is so fragrant and definitely a welcome change from the usual spices.

Chocolate and orange is a classic combination that never fails to impress, too. That rich, dark chocolate paired with zesty orange is so indulgent. I'm starting to salivate!
I'm a big fan of Middle Eastern flavours; the aroma of rosewater adds such a lovely, fragrant twist to the dessert and feels like an exotic departure from typical spices.

The chocolate and orange combo is a timeless favourite - it's hard to go wrong with that zesty freshness paired with sweetness! It's a failsafe option when experimenting with flavours.

Reactions: techsavvy
I'm a big fan of Middle Eastern flavours; the aroma of rosewater adds such a lovely, fragrant twist to the dessert and feels like an exotic departure from typical spices.

The chocolate and orange combo is a timeless favourite - it's hard to go wrong with that zesty freshness paired with sweetness! It's a failsafe option when experimenting with flavours.
It's wonderful how these flavour contrasts can transport us to another place! Middle Eastern desserts certainly have their unique, exquisite charm.

I'm also realizing that the chocolate and orange combo is quite versatile. I bet it would work well in cakes, cookies, or even in a rich, creamy pudding. Mm, the possibilities are making me hungry!

There are so many delicious options this flavour pairing offers! It's exciting to think about incorporating these delicious contrasting elements in recipes.

There are so many delicious options this flavour pairing offers! It's exciting to think about incorporating these delicious contrasting elements in recipes.
The contrast of chocolate's richness and orange's zesty freshness is versatile. Apart from the aforementioned treats, the combo works well in mousses, trifles, and even ice cream. You might also consider adding a tangy citrus twist to the usual chocolate cake, enhancing it with an orange ganache or a zesty cream cheese frosting.

Are you a fan of cooking with chocolate and orange? Do you have a go-to recipe?

the chocolate-orange duo is surprisingly versatile and adds a sunny twist to any dessert! I've also heard of savory orange sauces used for meat dishes but that's probably taking it a step too far haha.

Do you guys have any successful/fail-proof recipes along this theme that you'd care to share? Or perhaps some weird but wonderful twists on the chocolate and orange theme?

The contrast of chocolate's richness and orange's zesty freshness is versatile. Apart from the aforementioned treats, the combo works well in mousses, trifles, and even ice cream. You might also consider adding a tangy citrus twist to the usual chocolate cake, enhancing it with an orange ganache or a zesty cream cheese frosting.

Are you a fan of cooking with chocolate and orange? Do you have a go-to recipe?
I love baking a good old fashioned chocolate orange cake with a moist fudgy center. It's a crowdpleaser that never fails to satisfy! I don't have a go-to recipe per se, but I often add a unique twist by incorporating natural orange juice and a pinch of cardamom for an aromatic kick. It's such a versatile flavour combination indeed.

That sounds delicious! I also love baking with chocolate and orange - it's such a classic combination and the addition of cardamom is so intriguing. Would love to hear more about your recipe and see some pictures of your creation!

• Haha
Reactions: musical and lioness
The recipe is a twist on the traditional chocolate and orange combo - I added cardamom for an aromatic twist, which complements the other flavours so well! I'll post the full recipe and some mouth-watering pics later today. Stay tuned!

The recipe is a twist on the traditional chocolate and orange combo - I added cardamom for an aromatic twist, which complements the other flavours so well! I'll post the full recipe and some mouth-watering pics later today. Stay tuned!
That's great. I'm looking forward to seeing the recipe! Have a good day.

Reactions: doctormama
Great! I can't wait for the visuals and to hear more about your take on this classic dessert!

Good luck! I feel that food photography is an art - the struggle is real! But it's a fun challenge and I hope you get some gorgeous snaps.

• Love
Reactions: cissy and nature

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu