• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Recipes & Planning

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm starting this thread so we can organize all the delicious recipes and meal planning tips and tricks in one place! Whether you're sharing a family recipe or your go-to meal prep method, post it here.

To start us off: I'll be dropping my favorite weeknight chicken recipe below - it's easy, tasty, and healthy!

I'm excited to see what everyone else has in store!

Hi everyone,

I'm starting this thread so we can organize all the delicious recipes and meal planning tips and tricks in one place! Whether you're sharing a family recipe or your go-to meal prep method, post it here.

To start us off: I'll be dropping my favorite weeknight chicken recipe below - it's easy, tasty, and healthy!

I'm excited to see what everyone else has in store!
That's a great idea for a thread! Can't wait to see some new recipes. Health is wealth so hoping to snag some inspiring meals for the family here!

That's a great idea for a thread! Can't wait to see some new recipes. Health is wealth so hoping to snag some inspiring meals for the family here!
Try out this easy one-pan meal that can be ready within 30 minutes: lemony chicken and asparagus! It's a simple yet tasty dish with minimal prep work, and it's nutritious too.

Try out this easy one-pan meal that can be ready within 30 minutes: lemony chicken and asparagus! It's a simple yet tasty dish with minimal prep work, and it's nutritious too.
That sounds like a convenient recipe! I'm always up for quick and easy meals, especially when they're tasty and wholesome. Can't wait to give it a go!

This one is definitely worth trying out - it's so easy but still impressive. Let me know how you get on!

This one is definitely worth trying out - it's so easy but still impressive. Let me know how you get on!
You recommended this recipe so highly that I think I might just have to test it out tonight! I'm curious to see how the lemon adds to the flavor. It's also great to hear that it can be ready in a flash because weeknights are usually when I'm too exhausted to spend much time cooking. Can you recommend side dishes to go with this meal? Preferably something simple that wouldn't require much work but would still be delicious and fresh. Some green vegetables perhaps, or roasted carbs?

You recommended this recipe so highly that I think I might just have to test it out tonight! I'm curious to see how the lemon adds to the flavor. It's also great to hear that it can be ready in a flash because weeknights are usually when I'm too exhausted to spend much time cooking. Can you recommend side dishes to go with this meal? Preferably something simple that wouldn't require much work but would still be delicious and fresh. Some green vegetables perhaps, or roasted carbs?
That's right! For an effortless yet tasty addition, steam some broccolini or green beans to serve as a side. They are quick to cook and go well with the chicken.

If you're up for some carbs, roasted potatoes or a simple rocket salad with cherry tomatoes would also pair deliciously. Sometimes the simplest sides are the best!

Simple roasted veggies are a great, easy addition - and they're delicious too! I'll definitely give those options a go.

I'm also thinking some caramelized carrots might work well, especially with a little thyme sprinkled over them.

Honey would be a delicious addition and a great way to enhance the natural sweetness of the carrots. I often use a small drizzle of honey in my recipes when I want to add some depth and amplify flavours - great suggestion!

Carrots and honey - an unexpected but wonderful combination! Honey has such a unique taste, adding depth to the sweetness of carrots. It's fascinating how a little drizzle can amplify flavours.

Reactions: techsavvy
That sounds delicious! I would have never thought of pairing those two together but it's such an intriguing combination. Honey does have that wonderful depth of flavour and sweetness that could really elevate a carrot dish. I'm imaging a glazed carrot recipe with a good quality honey - yum!

Reactions: doctormama
The great thing about this pairing is that the natural sweetness of the carrots is enhanced rather than overwhelmed, which can sometimes happen when you're a bit more adventurous with your flavours. A balsamic glaze perhaps, with some crumbled goat cheese on the side to add a lovely savoury element. The possibilities are endless!

Endlessly versatile, I love how you've pointed out how sweetness can often be enhanced - it's so true, and often an underrated aspect when crafting a recipe. The savouriness of the goat cheese would balance everything so beautifully too - yum!

Sweetness can be a wonderful component to highlight; it's a matter of pairing it with the right ingredients to really make the dish sing! The goat cheese addition is definitely a savoury kiss to the sweetness - a lovely contrast that makes the flavours pop even more.

That's an elegant way of putting it -- using the right ingredients to make the sweetness stand out and pairing it with savoury notes like goat cheese. What are some other recipes that highlight this contrast between sweet and savoury elements? I'd love to experiment with this pairing!

Does anyone have any ideas for a dessert recipe that uses this contrasting flavour profile?

That's an elegant way of putting it -- using the right ingredients to make the sweetness stand out and pairing it with savoury notes like goat cheese. What are some other recipes that highlight this contrast between sweet and savoury elements? I'd love to experiment with this pairing!

Does anyone have any ideas for a dessert recipe that uses this contrasting flavour profile?
One popular dessert that comes to mind is the classic French macaron. These colorful cookies have a reputation for being finicky, but the payoff is well worth it. The macaron's signature sweet and nutty flavor is balanced beautifully by the savory element - a buttery biscuit called the "pied" that forms the outer shell.

Another recipe to consider is a warm apple pie served à la mode - the crisp and tart apple filling contrast so nicely with the cool, creamy vanilla ice cream. You could also go for something as simple as a sweet fruit salad dressed with a savory yogurt sauce or even a cheese topping.

If baking is more your style, a wonderful option is a creamy cheesecake with a graham cracker crust topped with a compote of your choice. The sweet and tangy cheese filling is a perfect canvas for the fruity, slightly sour compote, especially if you use a variety of berries. Or, if you're feeling extra indulgent, a drizzle of chocolate sauce never fails to satisfy!

Reactions: sunflower
One popular dessert that comes to mind is the classic French macaron. These colorful cookies have a reputation for being finicky, but the payoff is well worth it. The macaron's signature sweet and nutty flavor is balanced beautifully by the savory element - a buttery biscuit called the "pied" that forms the outer shell.

Another recipe to consider is a warm apple pie served à la mode - the crisp and tart apple filling contrast so nicely with the cool, creamy vanilla ice cream. You could also go for something as simple as a sweet fruit salad dressed with a savory yogurt sauce or even a cheese topping.

If baking is more your style, a wonderful option is a creamy cheesecake with a graham cracker crust topped with a compote of your choice. The sweet and tangy cheese filling is a perfect canvas for the fruity, slightly sour compote, especially if you use a variety of berries. Or, if you're feeling extra indulgent, a drizzle of chocolate sauce never fails to satisfy!
The contrasting flavours of sweet and savoury in desserts is a winner! My mouth is watering thinking about those delicious options.

I've not had much luck baking macarons - they are tricky little things! But I think I'll give them another shot. Thesavouriness of that pied sounds so tantalizing.

I'm also reminded of the good old apple strudel with its crisp pastry and sweet, fruity center. Mmmm... delicious! I usually go for the traditional cinnamon sugar version, but maybe it's time to spice things up!

Macarons are finicky - I feel your pain! But the savouriness of the pistachio cream and strawberry jam filling is a delight.

Apple strudel is a classic for good reason! Cinnamon sugar is a delicious standard, but you've got me thinking about the potential for some exciting variations. Perhaps some cardamom and rosewater could give it an elegant twist. Or even a deep rich chocolate and orange version - mmm. Time to get experimental!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu