• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Raising multiples

That's a great point about each baby's unique body shape; we definitely want to avoid anything that could be uncomfortable for them! We'll be sure to keep an eye on that, but it's also nice to think about how cute and fun matching outfits can be - maybe for special occasions like holiday twinsies photos or something?
Cute and fun, Matching outfits for special occasions can be a great idea to make the memories even more special and adorable.

That's a great point about each baby's unique body shape; we definitely want to avoid anything that could be uncomfortable for them! We'll be sure to keep an eye on that, but it's also nice to think about how cute and fun matching outfits can be - maybe for special occasions like holiday twinsies photos or something?
Yes! Matching outfits are a fun way to celebrate the holidays and make for great photo ops too. The possibilities with matching outfits are endless - from coordinated colors to identical outfits, the cuteness overload is worth all the attention! And it's a great way to celebrate the special occasion without going over the top.

It's a great idea to have some matching outfits for photo opportunities, especially for special occasions, holidays, or even just some family gatherings! It'll make every moment extra special and memorable.

• Love
Reactions: eternity
It's a great idea to have some matching outfits for photo opportunities, especially for special occasions, holidays, or even just some family gatherings! It'll make every moment extra special and memorable.
Yes, matching outfits for photo ops are cute, especially for special occasions like festivals and family reunions. But I wouldn't recommend making the kids dress up in matching outfits everyday - it's kinda lame as they grow older and want to express their own styles. It's good to let them develop their taste and personalities through their clothes choices too!

Do you have any upcoming special events where you'd like the kids to dress similarly, or do you just wanna know if it's a good idea in general?

I think it’s adorable to make them match for special occasions - festival outfits, holiday pictures, etc. But otherwise, I’d let them develop their style and sense of fashion freedom too!

Perhaps matching PJs occasionally or for a cute family portrait could be fun, something everyone can look back on fondly later too. But daily outfit matching might get old fast, especially as they grow up and want to express their individuality.

I think it’s adorable to make them match for special occasions - festival outfits, holiday pictures, etc. But otherwise, I’d let them develop their style and sense of fashion freedom too!

Perhaps matching PJs occasionally or for a cute family portrait could be fun, something everyone can look back on fondly later too. But daily outfit matching might get old fast, especially as they grow up and want to express their individuality.
Yeah, I agree. Matching outfits everyday gets old real quick, especially for kids who cherish their independence. Festival and holiday themes are a great excuse for cute matching OOTDs but daily life should be about self-expression through fashion!

I felt the same, especially with my twins who had very different personalities even as infants. They didn't want to be dressed alike all the time and I think it was good for them to express their individualities through their clothing choices from an early age. Self-expression is a crucial part of their development and matching outfits every day can get costly too!

That's such a great point about self-expression! It's important for them to develop their own sense of style and personality, and I totally agree - it gets so expensive to dress them in matching outfits everyday. I remember how particular my twins were about their favourite colors and characters, and I wanted to respect that.

It's wonderful to let them express themselves and develop their own personalities! It's a big part of their individual growth, and I think it's so important to encourage that, rather than forcing them to match all the time - especially as they get older and more opinionated . We definitely want to empower them to embrace their unique styles and favourite colours, while also being siblings :)

So true! I think it's especially important to not force them into stereotypes or make them feel like they have to dress or act a certain way because they're twins/triplets/etc. Letting them express their individuality can help foster a sense of self and independence, which is so important as the foundation for future development too. It's a great opportunity to teach them about personal identity from an early age!

So true! I think it's especially important to not force them into stereotypes or make them feel like they have to dress or act a certain way because they're twins/triplets/etc. Letting them express their individuality can help foster a sense of self and independence, which is so important as the foundation for future development too. It's a great opportunity to teach them about personal identity from an early age!
Absolutely! Each child, regardless if they're multiples or not, should be allowed to develop their own sense of self without being compared or forced into certain molds. It helps them understand themselves and others, especially when you've got multiples who can learn early on that despite similarities, they're still individuals with different thoughts, likes, and opinions.

• Love
Reactions: koala
Comparison is rarely helpful in fostering a sense of individuality - it's a great strategy to let each child discover themselves without interference! It's an important reminder, especially when the danger of comparison is so prevalent.

Comparison is rarely helpful in fostering a sense of individuality - it's a great strategy to let each child discover themselves without interference! It's an important reminder, especially when the danger of comparison is so prevalent.
So true, comparisons can put unnecessary pressure on kids and negatively impact their sense of self. Each child should be allowed to develop independently and at their own pace.

It's easy to get caught up in the excitement and forget that every child develops differently. Parents should be mindful not to impose preconceived ideas on their children.

So true! It's important not to compare them against each other or against some external benchmark. Each kiddo is unique and will reach milestones on their own timeline.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu