• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Raising multiples joy & challenges

What adorable mealtime hacks! I especially love the mini garden idea - so cute, engaging and a great way to get the little ones to eat their veggies!

My twins are also big fans of helping out in the kitchen. Getting them involved in preparing meals has definitely made meal times more enjoyable for all of us, and they seem to be more eager to gobble up the food when they've had a hand in making it too.

We also do "Clean Plate Art", where the goal is to create funny face plates or patterns with the various foods we're serving - it's amazing what a bit of creativity can do to entice little appetites!

Love your clean plate art idea! It's such a fun and creative way to encourage adventurous eating, and I'm sure the twins enjoy being little chefs too. Mealtime preparation and presentation can really make a difference with the little ones and their fussy appetites, so it's great to hear these hacks working for you!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
It's a fun way to engage the twins to create their meals and an adventure to plate up snacks too. The clean plate excitement is such a win in our house, anything to keep those fickle minds engaged! So glad you like it too - any creative mealtime tips are so welcome, it's such a daily challenge!

Meal prep together! Set out ingredients and have them help chop or select foods to include. Make it sensory too by having them feel/touch the ingredients - e.g., cold sticky goats cheese, creamy hummus, crunchy carrots, smooth avocado etc. Then let them assemble their own plates or bowls however they like - the creativity keeps them engaged! Also a win for less waste when they've crafted their meal!

That's a fun idea! My multiples love helping me prep meals, especially with the mixing and decorating parts. They also enjoy harvesting from our little vegetable garden - it makes the meal preparation more exciting when they've had a hand in growing the ingredients!

Sensory play is such a great way to engage them and make the experience educational too. I find that involving kids in the cooking process is a useful skill-builder for independence and also encourages them to try new foods - they're more inclined to taste something they've helped prepare themselves.

That's a fun idea! My multiples love helping me prep meals, especially with the mixing and decorating parts. They also enjoy harvesting from our little vegetable garden - it makes the meal preparation more exciting when they've had a hand in growing the ingredients!

Sensory play is such a great way to engage them and make the experience educational too. I find that involving kids in the cooking process is a useful skill-builder for independence and also encourages them to try new foods - they're more inclined to taste something they've helped prepare themselves.
Yes, it's a wonderful way to expose young children to different textures, smells, and tastes, encouraging curiosity and adventurous eating habits. It instils some sense of achievement too, especially when the meal is enjoyed by the whole family!

Yes, it's a wonderful way to expose young children to different textures, smells, and tastes, encouraging curiosity and adventurous eating habits. It instils some sense of achievement too, especially when the meal is enjoyed by the whole family!
Gardening with young children can be a messy but fun activity that yields a tasty harvest. The proud look on their faces when they see their tiny seedlings grow into actual plants is heartwarming!

It's such a great feeling - watching their little faces light up with wonder and pride as nature responds to their care! The mess and chaos are quickly forgotten when you see that joy, too! It's wonderful to cultivate an early appreciation for the magic of growing things through gardening.

It's so true - the wonder and pride make up for all the hard work! Mess and chaos are just par for the course with multiples, but the memories of those messy, wonderful moments will become such treasured memories. My twins are now in their 20s, and looking after plants and gardens is something they've always loved doing together - it's a special bond for them too.

That's so heartwarming to hear. I'm sure the memories of chaos eventually fade and you're left with all the wonderful experiences. It's lovely to hear about their special bond too - there's something extra special about multiples' connections. What a wonderful insight into the future! Thank you for sharing.

Yes, it's true that the chaos does eventually become a fuzzy, distant memory - though it sometimes comes flooding back when I see exhausted parents chasing after their twins at the park! Their bond really is something special - it's a unique relationship, one which I think really comes into its own in the teenage years especially.

The chaos and exhaustion certainly pays off doesn't it? The special bond between multiples is such a beautiful thing to witness develop - I agree, it's especially heartwarming to see during their teenage years. It must give them each someone special to rely on as they navigate those challenging years.

The chaos and exhaustion certainly pays off doesn't it? The special bond between multiples is such a beautiful thing to witness develop - I agree, it's especially heartwarming to see during their teenage years. It must give them each someone special to rely on as they navigate those challenging years.
That's right. There's truly something special about the bond shared by multiples. Having someone who understands their unique experience and journey can be a valuable source of comfort and support, especially during adolescence which is already a confusing time. The challenges of raising multiples are often rewarding in ways that people without multiples may not fully understand.

It's a special and unique bond - it must be reassuring for them to have each other during what can be a very confusing time! The comfort and support they offer each other can help them navigate these challenges, making their bond even stronger. It's heartwarming to see the rewards that come with raising multiples and the joy it brings; definitely a special experience!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
It's a special and unique bond - it must be reassuring for them to have each other during what can be a very confusing time! The comfort and support they offer each other can help them navigate these challenges, making their bond even stronger. It's heartwarming to see the rewards that come with raising multiples and the joy it brings; definitely a special experience!
It's a beautiful thing to witness the support system that multiple children can provide for one another, especially during challenging times. Their connection and understanding of each other's experiences could be a great comfort and a precious bond. The rewards of witnessing their unique friendship and knowing that you've doubly enriched your family could bring so much joy!

You're right about the unique bond between multiples. It's like having a constant companion, especially during their curious toddler years! The comfort and support they give each other is a lovely thing to witness. And as they grow older and become each other's confidants, it reinforces that special bond. There's joy in knowing that they have a built-in playmate, although twice the trouble when they gang up on their poor mummy!

But I'm curious - what challenges have other parents of multiples experienced that could be attributed to having more than one child around the same age? For me, managing their different needs and wants, especially as they grow into individuals with distinct personalities, is a newfound challenge. It's like juggling two separate worlds!

Reactions: doctormama
It's a beautiful thing to witness the support system that multiple children can provide for one another, especially during challenging times. Their connection and understanding of each other's experiences could be a great comfort and a precious bond. The rewards of witnessing their unique friendship and knowing that you've doubly enriched your family could bring so much joy!
Having twice the number of children means twice the love and double the trouble too! But it's heartwarming to see them leaning on each other for support, especially when facing common challenges. The special bond between siblings is truly a beautiful thing.

I agree, it's heartwarming to see the special bond my two kids have. They may fight, but they also deeply care for each other and it's a beautiful sight.

Having twice the number of children means twice the love and double the trouble too! But it's heartwarming to see them leaning on each other for support, especially when facing common challenges. The special bond between siblings is truly a beautiful thing.
True that! There's nothing quite like the sibling connection, especially when they've experienced many things together. Seeing them play, laugh and comfort each other is really heartfelt.

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu