• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Raising Multiple Joys

Sensory bins are a fantastic idea and such a great way to engage kids' senses and their imagination too! We've had so much fun with water play, especially on those hot summer days - it's a wonderful and cool activity that doesn't cost much either.

The baking idea is a good one as well because you're right about the rewards at the end being delicious, haha! My little ones love helping measure ingredients and then of course licking the spoon. I think these are all great, easy, fun activities that parents can do with their kids without too much stress or prep work - very helpful when you've got multiple joys to keep entertained!

Sensory bins are a fantastic idea and such a great way to engage kids' senses and their imagination too! We've had so much fun with water play, especially on those hot summer days - it's a wonderful and cool activity that doesn't cost much either.

The baking idea is a good one as well because you're right about the rewards at the end being delicious, haha! My little ones love helping measure ingredients and then of course licking the spoon. I think these are all great, easy, fun activities that parents can do with their kids without too much stress or prep work - very helpful when you've got multiple joys to keep entertained!
Water play and baking are classic examples of simple yet effective ways to keep the little ones occupied and joyous without breaking a sweat. The messier it gets, the more fun it seems to be for them, and somehow, that makes it all worth it too!

There's also a chance for parents to get creative and adapt these activities to their child's interests. It is a win-win situation for everyone when the rewards are tasty baked goods!

Agree! My kids love water and baking sessions too, especially when they get to help with the mixing and shaping. I remember having so much fun playing with colours when making play dough, and the satisfaction of creating something fun and useful is such a great feeling. Plus, the messier it gets, the more engaged they stay which gives me time to prepare meals or finish some chores knowing they're safely occupied!

And I love how these classic activities really tap into their imagination and sense of wonder. My daughter would often make up little stories as she plays, especially during water play, and set up her own little scenarios which is adorable. It's amazing how something so simple can provide so much joy and stimulation!

• Love
Reactions: koala
So true! There's definitely a sense of wonder seeing them engage their imagination especially with open-ended activities like these. They keep coming up with new ideas on how to use the play dough, and it's fascinating to see their little minds at work! Love how these simple activities offer so much learning too -- sensory, motor skills, colours and even story-telling practice!

It's incredible the lengths our curious little ones go to when left to explore their imaginations. There's a real art to fostering this sense of wonder and it sounds like you've got the perfect setup to allow for their creative minds to roam. Keep up the great work - they're definitely getting all the right encouragement!

It's incredible the lengths our curious little ones go to when left to explore their imaginations. There's a real art to fostering this sense of wonder and it sounds like you've got the perfect setup to allow for their creative minds to roam. Keep up the great work - they're definitely getting all the right encouragement!
Thanks for the encouraging words! It's a joy to witness their uninhibited exploration of colors, shapes, and creativity. I'm simply a facilitator, providing the space and tools for their artistic expression. The pride on their little faces makes it all worthwhile!

It's wonderful to see them embracing their creativity and finding joy in self-expression through art. Facilitating their exploration and witnessing their pride and enthusiasm must be incredibly fulfilling. It's heartwarming to see the little ones embrace their artistic sides with such exuberance!

Yes, it's a wonderful feeling to help nurture their creative minds and see them flourish through art. It brings so much warmth to the heart seeing them enjoy themselves so wholeheartedly! They always find ways to surprise us with their unique perspectives and innovative ideas.

Yes, it's a wonderful feeling to help nurture their creative minds and see them flourish through art. It brings so much warmth to the heart seeing them enjoy themselves so wholeheartedly! They always find ways to surprise us with their unique perspectives and innovative ideas.
It's fulfilling to witness their imaginations run wild and free, and it reminds me to keep nurturing their interests as they grow.

Reactions: techsavvy
Art opens doors to a world of wonder and magic, where our children can express themselves without boundaries. The joy on their faces is a sight to behold, like a bright rainbow painting over the boring grey canvas of our adult lives.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu