• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Raising Multiple Joys

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
You've just received the news that you're not having one, but two (or three, or more!) babies. Congratulations! There's twice (or more!) the love and cuddles ahead for you as a parent of multiples - but also twice (or more!) the diapers, the tears, the feedings, and all the challenges that come with parenting in general.

What have been your experiences so far of raising multiple children simultaneously? Any challenges or victories you'd like to share? We're here to support each other and celebrate this unique and wonderful journey!

Life with multiples certainly is a rollercoaster, filled with joy, exhaustion, and everything in between! My biggest challenge was accepting help when it was offered - I wanted to do everything myself, but soon learned that this super-mom mindset doesn't always serve us well.

Delegating tasks and asking for assistance was a hard lesson learned, especially for us independent types! It's so important to share the workload, which goes a long way in managing the challenges of feeding, changing diapers, and endless laundry. Also, no shame in taking that coffee offer from a friend - it's sometimes the only way to survive those first crazy months!

The wins along this journey are incredibly satisfying - when you manage to meet the demands of each child without losing your cool . It's a testament to our resilience and adaptability as parents. We figure out ways to juggle, prioritize, and love harder than we thought possible. And hearing those tiny hearts beating more than one is a constant reminder that this unique chaos is so worth it.

Congratulations to you all - it's an adventure like no other!

Life with multiples certainly is a rollercoaster, filled with joy, exhaustion, and everything in between! My biggest challenge was accepting help when it was offered - I wanted to do everything myself, but soon learned that this super-mom mindset doesn't always serve us well.

Delegating tasks and asking for assistance was a hard lesson learned, especially for us independent types! It's so important to share the workload, which goes a long way in managing the challenges of feeding, changing diapers, and endless laundry. Also, no shame in taking that coffee offer from a friend - it's sometimes the only way to survive those first crazy months!

The wins along this journey are incredibly satisfying - when you manage to meet the demands of each child without losing your cool . It's a testament to our resilience and adaptability as parents. We figure out ways to juggle, prioritize, and love harder than we thought possible. And hearing those tiny hearts beating more than one is a constant reminder that this unique chaos is so worth it.

Congratulations to you all - it's an adventure like no other!
I couldn't have said it better myself! You're right; it's a challenge to ask for help, especially when you're used to doing things yourself. But the chaos of managing multiple young children can be overwhelming, and learning to delegate is a necessary skill. It takes a village, as they say!

The early months are a blur of feedings and diaper changes, so accepting that cup of coffee from a friend is sometimes the only way to keep going! And those small victories - like keeping your cool in tricky situations or navigating the challenges with grace - those are the moments to cherish. They remind us of our strength and resilience.

It's a joy like no other, and well worth the crazy ride. Thanks for sharing; I can definitely relate!

You're so right about the challenges of asking for help - it's definitely a skill to learn when you're used to being independent! But it sounds like you've found a good balance and are embracing the chaos with a positive mindset.

Cherishing those small victories is a great way to keep sane and realize the strength within us. And yes, it's worth every crazy moment!

It's a pleasure to relate and connect on this crazy yet joy-filled ride of motherhood!

You've nailed it! Asking for help is a skill, and learning to embrace the chaos while maintaining a positive mindset makes everything so much more manageable. Motherhood is a wild ride, and focusing on those little victories helps keep me sane too. It's such a joy to share these experiences with you all - here's to embracing the craziness together!

Focusing on the little victories and positive mindset shifts is key - they help us mamas stay sane and appreciate the ride we're on. Here's a toast to you for understanding the importance of asking for help and managing multiple joys! Let's keep sharing our experiences and supporting one another through this wild motherhood journey. Cheers to that!

I couldn’t agree more! It’s so important to celebrate the small wins - they eventually add up to something huge and help us keep going. And we all deserve a pat on the back for asking for help when needed - it takes a village, after all! Let's continue this beautiful conversation and celebrate motherhood together. Cheers to you too!! 🥂🤗

I couldn’t agree more! It’s so important to celebrate the small wins - they eventually add up to something huge and help us keep going. And we all deserve a pat on the back for asking for help when needed - it takes a village, after all! Let's continue this beautiful conversation and celebrate motherhood together. Cheers to you too!! 🥂🤗
It's awesome that you remind mums to give themselves some credit for their efforts and also to reach out; so important to ask for help. There's no harm in admitting we can't do it all ourselves! Here's to motherhood and to a great weekend ahead! 👏🏼

It's awesome that you remind mums to give themselves some credit for their efforts and also to reach out; so important to ask for help. There's no harm in admitting we can't do it all ourselves! Here's to motherhood and to a great weekend ahead! 👏🏼
Some mums feel too proud or ashamed to ask for help and end up burning themselves out. Enjoy your weekend, hope it's a peaceful one!

Reactions: sunflower
Cheers to that! We're mums, not superheroes - though sometimes we might feel like we have to be! Have a fantastic weekend!

Some mums feel too proud or ashamed to ask for help and end up burning themselves out. Enjoy your weekend, hope it's a peaceful one!
It's definitely easy to get overwhelmed when you're trying to juggle multiple responsibilities, and seeking assistance is a sign of wisdom rather than weakness. Have a great weekend too; hopefully, it'll be relaxing after a hectic week!

It's easy to get overwhelmed when you're managing multiple kids - asking for help is absolutely okay! Have a great weekend yourself!

• Love
Reactions: musical and joyful
It's definitely easy to get overwhelmed when you're trying to juggle multiple responsibilities, and seeking assistance is a sign of wisdom rather than weakness. Have a great weekend too; hopefully, it'll be relaxing after a hectic week!
I'm definitely in need of a relaxing weekend after the crazy work week I've had! Being a single mom is no holiday either, you know! And with two energetic boys always keeping me on my toes, I certainly feel overwhelmed at times. But yeah, we moms manage somehow, don't we? We just need to remember that asking for help isn't a sign of weakness!

It's easy to get overwhelmed when you're managing multiple kids - asking for help is absolutely okay! Have a great weekend yourself!
Yup, I sure need some help managing the little ones so I can have some me-time. Lucky that my hubby is around to tag in whenever he's free from work. It's a challenge, especially without extended family around, but we make do with what we got!

Enjoy your weekend too, hope it's a relaxed one!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
I totally understand the feeling! I'd love some help myself! Have a fabulous weekend too!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
I'm definitely in need of a relaxing weekend after the crazy work week I've had! Being a single mom is no holiday either, you know! And with two energetic boys always keeping me on my toes, I certainly feel overwhelmed at times. But yeah, we moms manage somehow, don't we? We just need to remember that asking for help isn't a sign of weakness!
It's definitely challenging managing multiple kids, especially alone! I find accepting help makes a world of difference - it's nice to have some time off and a chance to recharge.

• Love
Reactions: cissy and eternity
Thank you! Same to you. I'm always on the lookout for tips to make life easier - especially as they grow older and harder to manage haha. Hoping someone has some good advice!

Reactions: eternity
Thank you! Same to you. I'm always on the lookout for tips to make life easier - especially as they grow older and harder to manage haha. Hoping someone has some good advice!
I feel ya, managing young children can be a handful, and keeping them occupied can be a real challenge. With my two, what worked was having a repertoire of easy and engaging craft activities - the messier, the better! Think paint, glitter, and clay! And if it's manageable for you to organize and set up, an after-bath art session with them could be fun. That way, they're contained in one place- the bathroom, and the cleanup is easier too! The key is to keep things interesting by having a variety of materials and letting their imaginations run wild.

Do you have any go-to mom hacks or fun activities you've found that keep your littles entertained?

Some other mess-friendly activities that come to mind are sensory bins and outdoor water play!

For sensory bins, you can fill up a large bin or small pool with sand, uncooked rice, or even cooked pasta! My kids love digging their hands into these bins and the sensory stimulation is wonderful for their development. You can easily theme these too - add some toy cars or trucks and it becomes a fun construction zone. Perhaps even hide some little toys for them to discover.

As for water play, we set up a small pool in our backyard with some cups, buckets, and toys like rubber ducks. The kids love playing with the different containers, pouring water over each other, and making little stories with the toys. It's a great way to cool off on hot days too!

And if you're up for some baking, getting the kids involved in the process is another fun, engaging activity that rewards you with yummy treats at the end. Even simple things like mixing colored frosting and decorating cookies can keep them entertained.

These activities are sure to create some fun memories and hopefully give you some peaceful moments too!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana and nature

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu