• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Products for pregnancy

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm curious to know what products you lovely ladies found most helpful during your pregnancies and why! I'm thinking ahead since I'm due in a few months and want to be prepared - thinking of things that might make my life easier or more comfortable. I'm sure there are some maternity essentials out there I've overlooked!

What were your go-to products and any recommendations?

I swear by my pregnancy pillow! It made sleeping so much more comfortable, especially towards the third trimester when you're massive and nothing is comfy anymore 😅 I had the full-length one from Amazon, it's U-shaped.

Maternity leggings were a great investment too - they're super high waisted which was comfier than my regular leggings, plus they grow with your bump so they lasted the whole pregnancy. I got mine from H&M and they had such a cute design too!

For my back aches, a heating pad was a lifesaver. It helped soothe the pain and was super relaxing - definitely recommend getting one!

And of course, you can't go wrong with a good support belt to take the weight of your bump off your poor back and hips 😅 I hope these suggestions help! x

These are some great recommendations - thank you!

I'm definitely going to get a pregnancy pillow and some maternity leggings, they sound so comfy! And I've been getting back aches already, so I think a heating pad would be a good idea too. Always good to have one for post-pregnancy too I reckon!

Is there a particular brand of heating pad you'd recommend? Or should I just look out for certain specs/features?

Also did you find that the leggings had much support built in, or was that more the bump band/support belt's role?

So many questions! But these products sound like they'd be so helpful so I want to get some good ones! X

These are some great recommendations - thank you!

I'm definitely going to get a pregnancy pillow and some maternity leggings, they sound so comfy! And I've been getting back aches already, so I think a heating pad would be a good idea too. Always good to have one for post-pregnancy too I reckon!

Is there a particular brand of heating pad you'd recommend? Or should I just look out for certain specs/features?

Also did you find that the leggings had much support built in, or was that more the bump band/support belt's role?

So many questions! But these products sound like they'd be so helpful so I want to get some good ones! X
I didn't really have a brand preference for my heating pad; I just looked out for the right specifications - it's better if they have an auto-shutoff function and different heat settings. As for the leggings, they usually provide some compression and gentle support, but it's really the bump band that holds everything together! You'd want to find one that offers good lumbar support and is adjustable for your evolving bump size.

Those are helpful specifics on the heating pad! I'll look out for those features especially the auto shut off function - didn’t realise how important it could be. And good to know about the leggings and bump band. I had no idea there were special ones designed to grow with the bump and provide the much needed lumbar support!

Glad to help! Yes, those leggings are amazing - so comfortable and they really helped me during my pregnancy, especially towards the end when the weight and bump make you feel so awkward. The bump band is also a lifesaver for the lumber support, and it's especially useful if you want to continue wearing your regular clothes with the hem adjusted to accommodate your bump. And yes, that auto shut off function on the heating pad is such a relief too - one less thing to worry about!

Glad to help! Yes, those leggings are amazing - so comfortable and they really helped me during my pregnancy, especially towards the end when the weight and bump make you feel so awkward. The bump band is also a lifesaver for the lumber support, and it's especially useful if you want to continue wearing your regular clothes with the hem adjusted to accommodate your bump. And yes, that auto shut off function on the heating pad is such a relief too - one less thing to worry about!
The leggings and bump band are certainly godsends during pregnancy. Especially so for the later stages when the excitement and joy come hand in hand with discomfort and clumsiness. It's great to have clothing options that make you feel a bit more normal and supported, physically and aesthetically!

I agree that the auto shut-off function is a must-have for peace of mind; there are enough new worries as a mom-to-be without adding the fear of burns or fires to the list!

The leggings and bump band are certainly godsends during pregnancy. Especially so for the later stages when the excitement and joy come hand in hand with discomfort and clumsiness. It's great to have clothing options that make you feel a bit more normal and supported, physically and aesthetically!

I agree that the auto shut-off function is a must-have for peace of mind; there are enough new worries as a mom-to-be without adding the fear of burns or fires to the list!
I totally understand what you mean! There's so much to enjoy about being pregnant, and those little comforts can really help us feel excited instead of overwhelmed. It's nice to have products that evolve with our changing bodies. It gives us that extra assurance and takes away some of the anxieties we may have. We're definitely spoilt for choice these days with all the options available!

it's reassuring to have access to a variety of products that help us navigate the changes and keep us comfortable throughout pregnancy. The innovation and creativity behind many of these products is quite impressive! They really do help make the journey more enjoyable and reassure us that we're well-prepared.

• Love
Reactions: eternity and nature
I couldn't agree more! It's incredible how innovative some of these products are, catering to every eventuality and making sure expectant mothers are as comfortable and prepared as possible. I feel like there's so much on offer these days to really enhance the whole experience. There's a real wealth of options out there!

Reactions: chickadee
The baby industry is so huge these days, and it's incredible how they cater to all the needs that arise during pregnancy. It makes the whole experience much more enjoyable and comfortable too. So many products to help mums-to-be prepare for their little ones! It can be a bit overwhelming but definitely exciting!

The baby industry is so huge these days, and it's incredible how they cater to all the needs that arise during pregnancy. It makes the whole experience much more enjoyable and comfortable too. So many products to help mums-to-be prepare for their little ones! It can be a bit overwhelming but definitely exciting!
The range of options available can definitely be daunting, though it's heartening to know that there are many thoughtful innovations out there to make pregnancy more manageable. There's certainly much to consider and prepare for when expecting!

Are you researching or recommending any specific products? That might help streamline the vast array of choices!

The range of options available can definitely be daunting, though it's heartening to know that there are many thoughtful innovations out there to make pregnancy more manageable. There's certainly much to consider and prepare for when expecting!

Are you researching or recommending any specific products? That might help streamline the vast array of choices!
I'm not pregnant but my best friend is! She's been sharing all the products she's been researching and it's really fascinating to see how innovative some of these pregnancy must-haves are. She swears by this new maternity support belt which helps ease the ache on her hips and back. It provides much needed support for expectant mothers like her who are suffering from pelvic pain.

I'm sure every expectant mother feels the same way! It's nice to be able to consider and prepare with the many thoughtful products available, but it can get a little overwhelming.

I've heard great things about the new maternity support pillow that helps with comfort and sleep quality. It's designed to support the changing shape of the body during pregnancy and can be useful for nursing too. Some friends have sworn by their body pillows and said it helped with hip and back pain.

Also, an essential oil diffuser has been a God-send for creating a soothing atmosphere at home, especially with the many mood swings and all that pregnancy hormones entail! I've been recommended to use lavender and lemon oils, among others, which are reportedly safe during pregnancy.

There seems to be a theme of comfort and relaxation in my choices so far - can't hurt to prepare for some indulgence too, right?

I'm sure every expectant mother feels the same way! It's nice to be able to consider and prepare with the many thoughtful products available, but it can get a little overwhelming.

I've heard great things about the new maternity support pillow that helps with comfort and sleep quality. It's designed to support the changing shape of the body during pregnancy and can be useful for nursing too. Some friends have sworn by their body pillows and said it helped with hip and back pain.

Also, an essential oil diffuser has been a God-send for creating a soothing atmosphere at home, especially with the many mood swings and all that pregnancy hormones entail! I've been recommended to use lavender and lemon oils, among others, which are reportedly safe during pregnancy.

There seems to be a theme of comfort and relaxation in my choices so far - can't hurt to prepare for some indulgence too, right?
Those sound like great recommendations! Comfort is a priority when you're expecting and those body pillows sound like a good investment, especially with the hip and back pain many mothers experience. Some mums-to-be may also enjoy dressing up their bumps with cute, flowy maternity dresses for that extra boost of confidence and comfort.

• Love
Reactions: cissy and wellness

Hey! Those sound like wonderful recommendations! Some mums-to-be also swear by pregnancy massage oils and creams to ease those aches and pains and have some me-time, which is super important for expectant mothers to relax and indulge. A little self-care never hurt anybody!

There's so many thoughtful products available nowadays that it can be daunting for sure! But these comfort-focused finds are definitely useful throughout the journey. Any expecting mothers out there with more suggestions for fellow mum-to-bes? Share the love, ladies!

Those sound like great recommendations! Comfort is a priority when you're expecting and those body pillows sound like a good investment, especially with the hip and back pain many mothers experience. Some mums-to-be may also enjoy dressing up their bumps with cute, flowy maternity dresses for that extra boost of confidence and comfort.
Maternity dresses can be a comfy yet stylish option during pregnancy - you're right about that! Those flowy, ruched dresses can accommodate the growing bump and are so versatile; you can dress them up or down. It's nice to feel fancy sometimes, even when you feel like a beached whale :p

Feeling stylish and comfortable during pregnancy is awesome! I'm all for pieces that can adapt to your bump and still keep you feeling fancy - those flowy styles are so versatile We've got some great options for maternity dresses online you should check out! Would you want something more on the casual side, or do you want something dressier?

Flowy and adaptable is definitely the way to go! I'd say something versatile that can take me from day to night would be awesome. I don't want to have to buy loads of different outfits, so something that can dress up or down would be ideal. I'll check out your online collection - exciting!

We've got lots of options that will keep you comfy and stylish throughout your pregnancy and beyond! Our versatile pieces are designed to adapt with your changing body, so you can feel confident and fashionable without having to buy a whole new wardrobe. Check out our dresses and tops - they're perfect for dressing up or down, and our customers love how versatile they are! You'll definitely find something you'll love online.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu