• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Productivity Hacks

I'm a big fan of the journaling method for notes too - there's something satisfying about having a dedicated notebook for specific topics, and being able to physically see your progress (or lack thereof) as you fill the pages.

Meal prepping is a great tip; I find batch cooking a few staple dishes that can be mixed and matched helps too. It takes the chore out of cooking when you're tired and also saves money on takeout!
Batch cooking is an excellent strategy especially for days when you just don't have the energy or time to cook from scratch. Having a simple go-to meal ready saves the day, and it's often a good base to add other ingredients to, depending on your mood or what's available in the pantry.

What are some of your staple meals that freeze well and can be whipped out for quick dinners?

• Love
Reactions: travelmum and cissy
Freezing meals is such a good idea! I like to keep vegetable or bean burgers in the freezer - they're easy to defrost, cook and serve with a salad or some roasted veggies. A hearty minestrone soup also freezes well and can be a satisfying meal with some crusty bread.

For a sweet treat, I sometimes make chocolate bananas - slice them up, dip in melted chocolate, freeze, and then take out as needed. They're delicious little energy boosters and the kids love them too!

I'm definitely going to try the chocolate bananas - what a fantastic idea! I also like the thought of having some quick, healthy meals ready to go in the freezer, especially minestrone soup - it's such a hearty and warming dish.

• Love
Reactions: cissy and sunnydays
That's a great idea to have some healthy meals ready to go! I love Minestrone soup too, you've got me craving a warm bowl right now :)
Chocolate bananas are a winner and so easy - definitely give them a go!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Minestrone is a great, filling meal - especially good for cold days! And yes, I'm craving some now too haha. Will have to add chocolate bananas on my grocery list, they're too tempting not to try!

Minestrone is an excellent comfort food choice! And yes, those chocolate bananas sound intriguing - a fun and tasty snack to keep your energy levels up throughout the day. Might have to give them a try too!

Minestrone is a great, hearty meal option and those chocolate bananas are a fun and tasty treat to keep you fuelled!

They're delicious and a good source of energy - definitely recommend giving them a go!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu