• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Prioritizing our self & mental health as moms

Honestly ah, it's quite challenging to strike a balance because as moms we tend to feel guilty if we indulge in self-care activities. We worry that someone else will think we're neglecting our kids. But I think it's so important to remind ourselves that we cannot pour from an empty cup - if we don't take care of ourselves, how can we expect to give our loved ones the best of us?

For me, what helps is setting aside "me time" when I focus on my hobbies and interests. It doesn't have to be a lot - 30 minutes to do something I enjoy helps clear my head and boosts my mood. Sometimes, it's also nice to just take a moment and close my eyes, taking deep breaths and grounding myself especially when I'm feeling frazzled after a long day.

I think as moms we have this innate tendency to want to nurture and give our love and care to others, so it's quite difficult to suddenly change mindset and focus on ourselves. But yeah, gotta keep reminding ourselves that it's okay, necessary even, to recharge and reset so we can give our best!

Yup, it's quite common for moms to put themselves last, especially when they're used to being busy with work and managing the family. But we also know that our mood can affect our parenting - if we're feeling down or stressed, it's not so good for the whole family.

So, it's beneficial to find some time for yourself and do things they enjoy. I like how you mentioned "me-time" for reading and going on walks. I think just having that little bit of daily peace and doing something we enjoy can help our mental health. Also, checking in with friends is a great idea cause sometimes we forget, but that little reminder goes a long way!

And yep, just sitting down and doing nothing occasionally is undervaled. We don't have to be productive all the time!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
It's so easy to forget about ourselves when we're caught up in the demands of motherhood. I find taking some time to do the things I enjoy, like meeting friends and catching up, really helps. Also, just stopping to breathe and being mindful amidst the chaos - sometimes that's all it takes to recenter and recharge.

Making the most of small moments is key, especially for us mums who are always on the go. Those little pockets of 'me time' can make a big difference! And having other mummy friends to relate to is soothing in itself; we're not alone in this!

200w.gif

True la, we can't neglect ourself. I totally agree with you, me time is a must! Even if it's just 30 mins to chill and do something you enjoy, it helps to recharge and refocus. I feel that being mindful of taking deep breaths when stressed also goes a long way - it's like a quick reset button haha.

For me, exercising really helps to boost my energy and mood! Even if it's just simple stretching or a short jog around the neighborhood, it helps me feel refreshed and more patient with the kids. And I agree, sometimes we just gotta close our eyes and take a moment to enjoy some quiet time when the going gets tough.

True la, we can't neglect ourself. I totally agree with you, me time is a must! Even if it's just 30 mins to chill and do something you enjoy, it helps to recharge and refocus. I feel that being mindful of taking deep breaths when stressed also goes a long way - it's like a quick reset button haha.

For me, exercising really helps to boost my energy and mood! Even if it's just simple stretching or a short jog around the neighborhood, it helps me feel refreshed and more patient with the kids. And I agree, sometimes we just gotta close our eyes and take a moment to enjoy some quiet time when the going gets tough.
True ah! Agree that quick exercise like stretching or jogging feels refreshing. It's a great way to boost energy and definitely helps us stay patient and focused, which is so important when dealing with the little ones. Taking some quiet time also helps me reflect and pause, especially when things get chaotic. These small, meaningful acts of self-care go a long way!

• Love
Reactions: queenie and wisdom
Ya, I find to-do lists helpful too! The satisfaction of ticking off completed tasks keeps me going, especially when there are big and small things competing for my attention. Also can't agree more about asking for help - we shouldn't hesitate to reach out when we need a hand cause all of us need some time to recharge. In the end, it benefits our little ones too! 😁

200w.gif

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu