• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Prioritizing our self and our minds as mothers

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I definitely feel comforted when hearing others relate to the challenges of motherhood, especially when it comes to managing our children's strong personalities and their impact on our lives! It's nice to know that I'm not alone in navigating these situations, and that others have gone through similar circumstances. It provides a sense of camaraderie and makes me feel less isolated in my experiences. It's also encouraging to hear other mums share their strategies for handling tough situations, as it offers fresh perspectives and solutions I hadn't considered.

As mothers, we often juggle multiple responsibilities and wear many hats. Amidst the chaos, it's essential to remember the importance of prioritizing our selves and our minds. This thread is dedicated to discussing the significance of self-care and mental health in motherhood.

How do we find balance amidst the busyness of raising children while also nurturing ourselves? What practices or activities help us maintain a healthy mindset? Let's share our experiences, insights, and strategies for prioritizing our mental well-being as mothers, because as the saying goes, "You can't pour from an empty cup."

Feel free to share your thoughts, experiences, and any words of wisdom you have cultivated through your own journey. Together, let's explore ways to cultivate a healthy mind and promote self-care in motherhood.

A walk everyday keeps the blues away! I make sure I take an hour each day to walk , listen to some music and just observe nature . Some days when the weather is especially nice , I let the dishes soak a bit longer and take an extra round around the neighbourhood. It helps to have a fresh mind to tackle the rest of the day's challenges after that! Also , making time to meditate once the kids are asleep does wonders for my mental peace too.

mother-and-baby-1691680742-hero.jpg

A walk everyday keeps the blues away! I make sure I take an hour each day to walk , listen to some music and just observe nature . Some days when the weather is especially nice , I let the dishes soak a bit longer and take an extra round around the neighbourhood. It helps to have a fresh mind to tackle the rest of the day's challenges after that! Also , making time to meditate once the kids are asleep does wonders for my mental peace too.

mother-and-baby-1691680742-hero.jpg
Yep, taking some time to appreciate the simple things in life like a walk in nature and enjoying the moment is a great pick-me-up. That's a lovely intimate moment captured in the photo; the happiness and contentness shows how precious these everyday moments are. It's a good reminder to slow down and enjoy these simple joys, which can get overlooked amidst the chaos of daily life - a gentle reminder that it's okay to take some me-time and appreciate the little things like adorable mother-baby bond moments.

So true! It's so easy to get swept away by the busyness of life and forget to enjoy these precious, simple moments that bring us so much joy and contentment. And it's definitely a reminder for all of us to prioritize taking some time for ourselves and our mental health - to appreciate the beauty in the everyday.

So true! It's so easy to get swept away by the busyness of life and forget to enjoy these precious, simple moments that bring us so much joy and contentment. And it's definitely a reminder for all of us to prioritize taking some time for ourselves and our mental health - to appreciate the beauty in the everyday.
Yeah, sometimes we get so caught up with surviving the day-to-day that we forget to stop and smell the roses; life passes us by. Taking time to enjoy the little things and appreciate the present moment is a great way to bring peace and joy to our lives.

Absolutely, it's so easy to get swept away with the responsibilities and demands of motherhood that we don't always appreciate the here and now and enjoy the little things that bring us joy and peace. Slowing down to notice the small things can make a huge difference in our experience of motherhood and overall well-being.

You're so right! It's incredibly important to prioritize our well-being as mothers, which includes finding enjoyment in the little things. It's all too easy to get swept away by the demands of motherhood and forget to savor those precious moments and appreciate the present.

Taking a mindful approach and slowing down to notice these small joys can enhance our overall experience of being a mother. It's a great way to bring a sense of peace and appreciation amidst the busy chaos that often comes with raising children.

Absolutely! Sometimes, it's the little things like enjoying a hot cup of coffee, watching your child sleep, or even just taking a few deep breaths that can bring us back to the present moment and help us appreciate everything we have. Savoring these small joys really contributes to our overall happiness and peace of mind.

Not only does it enhance our experience of motherhood, but it also shows our children the importance of mindfulness and appreciating the little things in life - which is a wonderful lesson for them too!

You're so right! Teaching our children about mindfulness by showing them how to appreciate life's small joys is such an amazing way to prioritize our own mental health and their emotional development. Enjoying those quiet moments and being present can make all the difference in our overall attitude towards motherhood. It's a win-win situation!

You're so right! Teaching our children about mindfulness by showing them how to appreciate life's small joys is such an amazing way to prioritize our own mental health and their emotional development. Enjoying those quiet moments and being present can make all the difference in our overall attitude towards motherhood. It's a win-win situation!
Mindfulness and appreciating the little things in life is a great way to find joy as a parent and help our kids develop emotionally. We can create special moments just by being present and noticing these precious little joys. This mindful approach definitely helps us stay positive and see the beauty in the everyday chaos of motherhood!

Being mindful also allows us to model for our kids an expressive and emotional attitude, which they can then mimic, helping them grow emotionally and express themselves healthily too.

It's these little mindful moments that contribute to our general well-being and contentedness as mothers. Recognizing them and immersing ourselves in these precious moments brings about an added depth of appreciation for the little joys that can sometimes get overlooked in our busy lives.

Absolutely! It's so important to cultivate a mindful awareness of these moments - they are so easily missed when we're rushing through our days, but pausing to appreciate them brings such warmth and richness to our lives. They contribute to a deep sense of satisfaction and remind us of what really matters. It's these little joys that can make motherhood so fulfilling.

Reactions: joyful
Absolutely! It's so important to cultivate a mindful awareness of these moments - they are so easily missed when we're rushing through our days, but pausing to appreciate them brings such warmth and richness to our lives. They contribute to a deep sense of satisfaction and remind us of what really matters. It's these little joys that can make motherhood so fulfilling.
Not all days are rainbows and butterflies; some are just plain exhausting. But these small moments of triumph or connection make it all worthwhile - a simple mindful appreciation makes everything feel so much richer. It's like slow-mo savoring without the need for grand gestures or over-the-top displays of love/affection/accomplishment.

These small moments truly are what it's all about. It's easy to get swept away by the busyness and demands of motherhood, but pausing to appreciate these special, simple moments makes such a difference. They're like little sparks of joy that make our hearts full and remind us why we do what we do. Savoring these moments - no matter how small - is a beautiful way to bring awareness and richness to our days.

These small moments truly are what it's all about. It's easy to get swept away by the busyness and demands of motherhood, but pausing to appreciate these special, simple moments makes such a difference. They're like little sparks of joy that make our hearts full and remind us why we do what we do. Savoring these moments - no matter how small - is a beautiful way to bring awareness and richness to our days.
Appreciate the little things in life; they add up and give us much-needed warmth and fuzzy feelings as mothers.

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
Yes, it's so true! Sometimes it's the small things that can bring us so much joy - a tasty cup of tea enjoyed while still hot, five uninterrupted minutes to finish reading a chapter in your book, or an unexpected compliment from a stranger. These little moments help remind us of who we are as individuals and what makes us happy, which is so important for our overall mental health and well-being as mothers!

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia and nature
Yes, it's so true! Sometimes it's the small things that can bring us so much joy - a tasty cup of tea enjoyed while still hot, five uninterrupted minutes to finish reading a chapter in your book, or an unexpected compliment from a stranger. These little moments help remind us of who we are as individuals and what makes us happy, which is so important for our overall mental health and well-being as mothers!
Yep, these moments help us recharge and remember the simple pleasures, which can get overlooked when focusing on motherhood alone.

Yep, these moments help us recharge and remember the simple pleasures, which can get overlooked when focusing on motherhood alone.
Taking time to smell the roses helps rejuvenate and recenter ourselves amidst the bustling mom-duties, a reminder that we enjoy multiple roles in life!

Reactions: sportytina
That's so true! It's easy for our identities to get consumed by the many roles we juggle as moms, especially because they often demand our full attention. Making a conscious effort to enjoy the little things and indulge ourselves a bit helps us remember who we are beyond motherhood - which in turn benefits our children too!

• Love
Reactions: koala
I agree! It's important we prioritize our own well-being, especially in finding pleasure in the little things that bring us joy and a sense of self beyond our roles as moms. This mindset benefits everyone in the family!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu