• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Stages

You're in for a wild ride, mommas-to-be! Enjoy the thrills!
Yes But then again, every ride has its own thrilling moments and pregnancy is no exception. Not forgetting that all this preparation work is for the most important day of our lives - the arrival of our little ones! It's a worthwhile endeavor despite the stress and madness that comes with it. We're all prepared for the wild ride, thanks for the well wishes!

You're in for a wild ride, mommas-to-be! Enjoy the thrills!
The thrills It's quite a rollercoaster but an exhilarating experience overall. I'm glad to hear you're embracing the journey despite the challenges - there's so much to look forward in the coming months. Enjoy every moment and take lots of photos! Capturing all those precious memories is so worth it.

Yes, every pregnancy is unique, and those little milestones sure are memorable! The anxiety and excitement throughout are surely a crazy mix of emotions. Your poor wardrobe! Haha, nesting instincts combined with a crazy-to-be mother's determination can be quite something!
the prep for welcoming a new life is a rollercoaster ride filled with excitement and nerves - an experience like no other! The crazy mixture of emotions will sure keep us on our toes, but it's all worth it in the end!

The third trimester definitely keeps you on your toes (or rather, knees) with all the preparatory tasks! The anticipation and anxious excitement are so palpable. And it's adorable how you described the Reminded me of my own experiences!
It sure is an exciting yet nerve-wracking time. The anticipation and unknowns of pregnancy can drive any expecting mother crazy indeed!Glad to hear that you relate, though! It's heartening to know that these shared experiences bring us together.

The third trimester definitely keeps you on your toes (or rather, knees) with all the preparatory tasks! The anticipation and anxious excitement are so palpable. And it's adorable how you described the Reminded me of my own experiences!
Ah, the joys of pregnancy. So many feelings and sensations packed into a short sentence! You've captured the essence of each trimester aptly - exhaustion, doubt, excitement, anxiety, and all. I remember being in such a rush to get everything done before the baby arrives - nested and prepared or not, it felt so real when those nursery items finally started rolling in.

Yeah, the preparation period sure is a crazy but exciting time! So many new things to buy, learn and organize. You're going to meet your little one soon, so it's only natural to want everything to be perfect!

It sure kept me on edge and in constant motion! The anticipation is thrilling, a mixture of eagerness and anxiety. Glad to know that my description brought you back some cute memories!

I'm glad someone relates to my madness! Most folks just see the glowing expectant mother and assume everything is smooth sailing - they don't realize the havoc wreaked by those nesting instincts. It's a crazy time, indeed.

Yes, every pregnancy is unique, and those little milestones sure are memorable! The anxiety and excitement throughout are surely a crazy mix of emotions. Your poor wardrobe! Haha, nesting instincts combined with a crazy-to-be mother's determination can be quite something!
It's really quite something else. You've got expectant mothers here going through various stages and all the little milestones really add up to something special. The anxiety never really goes away; it just transforms into a different form of excitement, anticipation - you know, like the kind where you're waiting for the baby to arrive any minute now! It's an indescribable feeling, but mums here would know exactly what I mean.

On another note, I'm glad I'm not the only one whose nesting instincts took over and went a little overboard. My partner was quite amused - and exhausted from all the running around helping me!

they were! I'd be lying if I said the first few weeks after conception were smooth sailing - morning sickness, or should I say all-day sickness, was no joke. But the moment I heard that heartbeat, all the exhaustion faded away temporarily. It was like a magical spell, soothing me until the next bout of nausea hit.

The second trimester brought a false sense of relief from the symptoms of the first, and along with it came an insatiable appetite - I had to eat every two hours like a little hungry bird! But hey, I'll take that over throwing up any day. And the acne, well, let's just say my dermatologist earned a bonus that pregnancy!

As for the third, well, it was like a marathon preparing for the finish line - the excitement and anxiety increased with each passing week knowing the due date was imminent. The baby bump became a feature I actually liked; strangers wouldn't hesitate to strike up conversations, and I felt connected to other women somehow. But the physical strain was real - waddling down the street like an exaggerated duck was not a good look, I tell ya!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness and koala
The excitement and nervousness of those stages kept me on my toes for sure! Preparations, though tedious, were also exciting as we anticipated our little one's arrival. Every trimester was a whirlwind of emotions!
They say the rollercoaster has just begun once you hit the third trimester - and it's true! You're so caught up with preparing the nursery, reading up on parenting advice (and horror stories, let's be real), and attending last-minute classes that the actual due date feels like it creeps up out of nowhere! Before you know it, life as you know it changes forever, and those sleepless nights become worth every second.

Did you experience any unique symptoms or moments during your trimesters that stood out to you? Remember, every pregnancy is a new and exciting journey!
Each trimester definitely had its own distinctive moments and challenges. I'll never forget the intense exhaustion that hit me hard in the first trimester. It was like my body needed an immediate downtime the moment the sperm met the egg!

The second trimester thankfully brought some relief from the fatigue, but I started to get awful backaches which were definitely a new and unwelcome experience for me. This was also the time I developed a craving for strange food combinations - sweet and sour at the same time, if that makes sense! Thankfully no actual health concerns resulted from that, haha.

By the third trimester, the kicks and jolts were strong enough to be noticeable, and of course, it was fun trying to guess the baby's position by feeling the kicks' direction. I remember being fascinated by and also slightly creeped out when the doctor told me the baby's head was engaged in my pelvis! It all felt so real after that.

Overall, despite the challenges, I cherished every moment because I knew they were part of this amazing and magical process.

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
The excitement and nervousness of those stages kept me on my toes for sure! Preparations, though tedious, were also exciting as we anticipated our little one's arrival. Every trimester was a whirlwind of emotions!
They certainly are! I found that each stage of pregnancy had its own unique challenges and highlights. From the heightened senses and emotional fluctuations to the physical changes - it was a real adventure. Each week brought something new, from discovering various body aches in the first trimester, which I had never anticipated, to the sudden urge to nest and organize everything in sight during the third! Even the weirdest symptoms, like food cravings or mood swings, somehow became endearing memories. Every bit of it created a profound bond with my little one even before meeting him.

I can relate on how preparations could be tiring yet fun at the same time. Glad you enjoyed those moments too!

Each trimester brings a different experience; it's such a wild journey! The second trimester gave me horrible leg cramps, but apart from that, I didn't have a very eventful pregnancy, which I'm thankful for. Some expectant mothers have it more difficult, so I consider myself lucky!

That's motherhood for you - a rollercoaster ride from the very beginning! The first scan and hearing that heartbeat is such a special memory, it's amazing how a stranger's kick in your belly can give you butterflies.

I also experienced some odd cravings in my second trimester; I wanted nothing but sour plum candies, which is so unlike me. And of course, who can forget the infamous pregnancy brain? I kept misplacing items and forgetting simple words - the looks on people's faces were hilarious when I'd describe an object but keep getting the name wrong! Pregnancy does funny things to your mind and body.

Did you experience any unique symptoms or moments during your trimesters that stood out to you? Remember, every pregnancy is a new and exciting journey!
My pregnancies were pretty uneventful, which I'm thankful for, but there were some funny instances that stood out nonetheless.

With my firstborn, the hyper-activity during the third trimester was unreal. My body would jerk uncontrollably some nights, like I had drunk a dozen cups of espresso. It startled my poor husband countless times!

My second pregnancy was more relaxed, but I seemed to have grown an insatiable craving for durian, the spikey tropical fruit. I would have dreamt about it and craved it like crazy despite normally being able to take it or leave it. Pregnancy hormones are something else!

Both pregnancies shared one common, funny moment: dad's reaction to the pregnancy test results. Shock, excitement, then immediate worry - will she need help changing diapers? Haha! Men.

Did you experience any unique symptoms or experiences trimesterton-wise that you'd like to share? Remember, every pregnancy story is valuable!
No morning sickness here, but an insatiable craving for durian hit me hard in the second trimester. It's the one thing I didn't have to keep hidden from my hubby - he was happily onboard the durian train with me, praise the Lord! We'd polish off a whole bucket of D24s at midnight like it was nothing.

The third trimester, however, brought on some interesting new sensations. The baby would do these super jolts - almost like quick movements that made my entire bump jump! They were so sudden and sometimes caught me off guard. I called them his "ninja kicks," and they'd often happen when I was just chilling and trying to relax. Quite the active little one! Those cute movements definitely left a smile on my face.

Both of my pregnancies were pretty straightforward, without any severe morning sickness or unusual symptoms, which I'm super grateful for!

But as you asked about unique experiences, there's one funny incident that comes to mind. So, during my second trimester with my first born, I had an intense craving for durian, the smelly fruit (some might say stinky, but I love it!). I could not get enough of it. It was June, durian season in Singapore, and I would eat them non-stop like there was no tomorrow. My poor husband would shell them for me and endure the smell because he knew how craved they made me feel!

It was a ridiculous amount of durians - three or four almost every day for a few weeks straight. And you know what? My son has loved the stuff ever since he started eating solids. I guess my crazed cravings imprinted on him! He's six now, and durian is still his favourite fruit. He's such a little foodie.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu