• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Stages

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread will follow the stages of your pregnancy from the 1st to the 3rd trimester. In addition to the usual ups and downs, there's so much to look forward to! From hearing the first heartbeat to feeling those first flutters - and of course preparing a nursery. Each stage has so many milestones and we want to hear all about them!

This thread will follow the stages of your pregnancy from the 1st to the 3rd trimester. In addition to the usual ups and downs, there's so much to look forward to! From hearing the first heartbeat to feeling those first flutters - and of course preparing a nursery. Each stage has so many milestones and we want to hear all about them!
Oh gosh, that sounds like every expectant mother's exciting journey! I'm sure there's plenty to share I remember those moments vividly, they're such a blur yet so memorable.

I was thrilled during the early stages, and then it hit me - the reality of having a little one and permanent life changes sink in towards the third trimester. There's so much preparation to do, and that excitement quickly turned into nesting mode!

Oh gosh, that sounds like every expectant mother's exciting journey! I'm sure there's plenty to share I remember those moments vividly, they're such a blur yet so memorable.

I was thrilled during the early stages, and then it hit me - the reality of having a little one and permanent life changes sink in towards the third trimester. There's so much preparation to do, and that excitement quickly turned into nesting mode!
Yeah, the preparation and nesting instincts really kick in once you've entered the third trimester. There's something so tangible about preparing the nursery and packing the hospital bags. It all feels so real!

The little one's kicks and movements also increase, which is quite comforting as you feel every little hiccup and flutter. Though towards the end, it can get a tad uncomfortable - especially when they run out of space and decide to kick your ribs!

I remember having lots of scans and check-ups during this time too, which was great for reassurance, although it did mean lots of hospital runs and waiting around. But it's amazing to see how much detail you can see on the ultrasound, and it's so intriguing to wonder who this tiny little being is and what they'll look like! It's a wonderful kind of excitement and anticipation.

Yeah, the preparation and nesting instincts really kick in once you've entered the third trimester. There's something so tangible about preparing the nursery and packing the hospital bags. It all feels so real!

The little one's kicks and movements also increase, which is quite comforting as you feel every little hiccup and flutter. Though towards the end, it can get a tad uncomfortable - especially when they run out of space and decide to kick your ribs!

I remember having lots of scans and check-ups during this time too, which was great for reassurance, although it did mean lots of hospital runs and waiting around. But it's amazing to see how much detail you can see on the ultrasound, and it's so intriguing to wonder who this tiny little being is and what they'll look like! It's a wonderful kind of excitement and anticipation.
Yes!! That's true. All the check-ups kept me reassured too, though the waiting could be tiresome. especially with a wriggly tot running around my legs, which was quite the exercise in itself!

I loved the scans, and how detailed you could see the features forming; it's incredible how much development happens in such a short time. I had an extra special bond with my little one during this period, talking to the bump, singing, and watching it dance from the outside - it's such a sweet memory now!

It's an exciting time ahead for you! Are you planning any theme for the nursery or keeping it simple?

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Yes!! That's true. All the check-ups kept me reassured too, though the waiting could be tiresome. especially with a wriggly tot running around my legs, which was quite the exercise in itself!

I loved the scans, and how detailed you could see the features forming; it's incredible how much development happens in such a short time. I had an extra special bond with my little one during this period, talking to the bump, singing, and watching it dance from the outside - it's such a sweet memory now!

It's an exciting time ahead for you! Are you planning any theme for the nursery or keeping it simple?
I kept it simple and went with a nature-inspired theme. After so many weeks of being immersed in pregnancy and preparing for the new arrival, I wanted a calming and serene space that wasn't too stimulating. You know, greys and white with some leafy green accents and lots of textures like fur and knotted wood. Very Scandi-style - think lots of cozy comfort and snuggliness!

I figured the nursery would already have lots of stimuli with all the toys and baby essentials, so I kept the walls and major furniture pieces neutral. Though my five year old had other ideas and wanted a very vibrant and playful theme... Kids! They always keep you on your toes. Speaking of which, my tot was forever kicking and giving me some serious kicks whenever I rested, as if she knew it was her little brother or sister's space!

I kept it simple and went with a nature-inspired theme. After so many weeks of being immersed in pregnancy and preparing for the new arrival, I wanted a calming and serene space that wasn't too stimulating. You know, greys and white with some leafy green accents and lots of textures like fur and knotted wood. Very Scandi-style - think lots of cozy comfort and snuggliness!

I figured the nursery would already have lots of stimuli with all the toys and baby essentials, so I kept the walls and major furniture pieces neutral. Though my five year old had other ideas and wanted a very vibrant and playful theme... Kids! They always keep you on your toes. Speaking of which, my tot was forever kicking and giving me some serious kicks whenever I rested, as if she knew it was her little brother or sister's space!
That sounds amazing! I love the Scandi theme - especially with the leafy green and natural wood accents. It's a great idea to keep things serene and calming - a nice relaxing environment for both baby and mama.

It's adorable how intuitive little ones can be! Maybe yours was giving you hints about the nursery, so cute. My tot ended up being a real nature bug so we went with an outdoorsy theme, and she loved it - especially when she got a bit older and started recognizing the forest animals and flowers. It's so fun making these decisions, though it's definitely a challenge balancing everyone's preferences!

What about color schemes or any specific baby must-haves you've had your eye on? I found that researching and curating my baby wish list was so much fun - almost therapeutic during those last Trimester days!

That sounds amazing! I love the Scandi theme - especially with the leafy green and natural wood accents. It's a great idea to keep things serene and calming - a nice relaxing environment for both baby and mama.

It's adorable how intuitive little ones can be! Maybe yours was giving you hints about the nursery, so cute. My tot ended up being a real nature bug so we went with an outdoorsy theme, and she loved it - especially when she got a bit older and started recognizing the forest animals and flowers. It's so fun making these decisions, though it's definitely a challenge balancing everyone's preferences!

What about color schemes or any specific baby must-haves you've had your eye on? I found that researching and curating my baby wish list was so much fun - almost therapeutic during those last Trimester days!
The earthy tones and pastels really appealed to me, so we went with a soft peach and sage green color palette which was gender-neutral and calming. As for must-haves, I was adamant about a sturdy and comfortable breastfeeding chair since I knew I'd be spending many hours nursing. I also wanted a large cotton or muslin swaddle selection as I found them so versatile - great for draping over the pram or as a nursing cover.

I also had my heart set on an adjustable baby carrier that sat high on your chest - perfect for keeping baby close and hands-free, especially with an adventurous tot to keep up with. My sister swore by hers and it looked so comfortable. It's such a special time curating these special items, isn't it? It makes everything feel so real!

The earthy tones and pastels really appealed to me, so we went with a soft peach and sage green color palette which was gender-neutral and calming. As for must-haves, I was adamant about a sturdy and comfortable breastfeeding chair since I knew I'd be spending many hours nursing. I also wanted a large cotton or muslin swaddle selection as I found them so versatile - great for draping over the pram or as a nursing cover.

I also had my heart set on an adjustable baby carrier that sat high on your chest - perfect for keeping baby close and hands-free, especially with an adventurous tot to keep up with. My sister swore by hers and it looked so comfortable. It's such a special time curating these special items, isn't it? It makes everything feel so real!
That sounds heavenly - I love the color choices; soft peaches and sage greens are such lovely, soothing colors. Versatile muslins and swaddles were definitely a lifesaver for me too, I ended up using them everywhere! And that's a great tip about the baby carrier - having those hands-free and easy access is so important when you're managing an active little one.

I became obsessed with finding the perfect baby lotion or cream - something super hydrating for newborn skin, preferably organic. I also really wanted a hooded towel set that was nice and big - ideal for snuggling post-bath. And who can forget those first tiny mittens, ah! So many adorable options for the smallest things.

Did you end up with any cute keepsake items or traditions? My husband loved the idea of capturing our baby's handprint or footprints - we ended up with some adorable mementos!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
That sounds heavenly - I love the color choices; soft peaches and sage greens are such lovely, soothing colors. Versatile muslins and swaddles were definitely a lifesaver for me too, I ended up using them everywhere! And that's a great tip about the baby carrier - having those hands-free and easy access is so important when you're managing an active little one.

I became obsessed with finding the perfect baby lotion or cream - something super hydrating for newborn skin, preferably organic. I also really wanted a hooded towel set that was nice and big - ideal for snuggling post-bath. And who can forget those first tiny mittens, ah! So many adorable options for the smallest things.

Did you end up with any cute keepsake items or traditions? My husband loved the idea of capturing our baby's handprint or footprints - we ended up with some adorable mementos!
Oh my, yes! I love the idea of capturing tiny prints; they grow up so fast! We also wanted to mark those special milestones, so we got this cute felt mat with a giant number ️1️⃣ and lots of fun props like a little crown and some colorful balloons. It was such a sweet way to document baby's first year and made for some adorable photos.

We were also gifted this beautiful box that had these tiny, gorgeous outfits for the hospital - it felt so special putting them on our little one and knowing they'd only fit for such a short while. I think the keepsake items you choose really reflect those precious early memories and make them more tangible. We also framed some of the baby shower cards with messages from our dearest friends and family, which now sit on the nursery shelf - such a simple but heartwarming reminder of how loved our little one is!

What about you? Any special mementos or traditions you started?

Oh my, yes! I love the idea of capturing tiny prints; they grow up so fast! We also wanted to mark those special milestones, so we got this cute felt mat with a giant number ️1️⃣ and lots of fun props like a little crown and some colorful balloons. It was such a sweet way to document baby's first year and made for some adorable photos.

We were also gifted this beautiful box that had these tiny, gorgeous outfits for the hospital - it felt so special putting them on our little one and knowing they'd only fit for such a short while. I think the keepsake items you choose really reflect those precious early memories and make them more tangible. We also framed some of the baby shower cards with messages from our dearest friends and family, which now sit on the nursery shelf - such a simple but heartwarming reminder of how loved our little one is!

What about you? Any special mementos or traditions you started?
The felt mat with props for documenting the baby's first year sounds adorable! I love the idea of having physical keepsakes that tangibly remind you of their early years, like the tiny outfits and those heartfelt messages from loved ones.

For me, pregnancy journals were a must-have to document the entire journey, almost like a scrapbook of memories. I enjoyed gathering various ultrasound photos, baby bump pictures, and notes on the kicking cravings, which eventually became a wonderful keepsake after birth. They're such a nice reminder now that my children are a little older, and we enjoy looking back at them together.

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
The felt mat with props for documenting the baby's first year sounds adorable! I love the idea of having physical keepsakes that tangibly remind you of their early years, like the tiny outfits and those heartfelt messages from loved ones.

For me, pregnancy journals were a must-have to document the entire journey, almost like a scrapbook of memories. I enjoyed gathering various ultrasound photos, baby bump pictures, and notes on the kicking cravings, which eventually became a wonderful keepsake after birth. They're such a nice reminder now that my children are a little older, and we enjoy looking back at them together.
Pregnancy journals are such a lovely way to capture those precious memories! It's wonderful that you can look back on your journey with your older kids - did you manage to keep one for each pregnancy or just the first? I found that every pregnancy was so different; it would have been fascinating (and probably funny!) to compare symptoms and experiences across them all. Have a great weekend!

Pregnancy journals are such a lovely way to capture those precious memories! It's wonderful that you can look back on your journey with your older kids - did you manage to keep one for each pregnancy or just the first? I found that every pregnancy was so different; it would have been fascinating (and probably funny!) to compare symptoms and experiences across them all. Have a great weekend!
I only managed to keep a detailed journal for my first pregnancy, which is such a cherish keepsake now. My second pregnancy was a blur due to chasing after a very active toddler and preparing for the new arrival, so I could barely find time to breathe, let alone journal! But it's a wonderful tradition that I would highly recommend - it adds another layer of excitement and intention to the whole journey. Have a great weekend too!

I only managed to keep a detailed journal for my first pregnancy, which is such a cherish keepsake now. My second pregnancy was a blur due to chasing after a very active toddler and preparing for the new arrival, so I could barely find time to breathe, let alone journal! But it's a wonderful tradition that I would highly recommend - it adds another layer of excitement and intention to the whole journey. Have a great weekend too!
That's insightful, Grace! Thanks for sharing. It's fascinating how every pregnancy can vary so much in experience and symptoms. Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!

That's insightful, Grace! Thanks for sharing. It's fascinating how every pregnancy can vary so much in experience and symptoms. Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!
You too, have a fabulous Saturday! Enjoy the sunny afternoon with your family!

Reactions: greenfingers
Enjoy the rest of the week, folks! Have a great day ahead! Cheers!
Enjoy the beautiful weather today! Stay cool and hydrated in this scorching heat. See y'all later!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu