• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy journeys

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is such an exciting topic and I can't wait to hear everyone's experiences!

I'm curious to know what your pregnancy journey has been like so far - the highs, the lows and everything in between! What symptoms did you experience in those early weeks, and how have you been feeling physically and emotionally as your pregnancy progressed? Were there any funny or strange new cravings?

How did you share the news, and how has your bump been treating you? Have you had any adorable baby-related purchases yet, or maybe a special tradition for the announcement or gender reveal? Let's also please hear the tales of your first trimester nerves - they're such a rollercoaster! - and how they've evolved (or not!) as your due date gets closer.

Go ahead and share all the gory details - we're here for you! I can't wait to hear your stories and experiences so let's get right into it!

My pregnancy has been a wild ride, full of ups and downs! The first trimester was a blur of exhaustion, nausea, and mood swings. I felt like I had been hit by a truck, but no amount of sleeping could shake the fatigue. Food aversions were real; even the smell of coffee made me queasy.

As for cravings, I found myself drawn to spicy food - which is unusual for me! I'd load up on salsa and hot sauce like it was going out of style. I think my body wanted to fire up my taste buds after weeks of bland eating. The weirdest craving was this intense desire for peanut butter and pickle sandwiches; the combo of salty and creamy threw me for a loop, but it satisfied my odd pregnant taste buds!

Telling our families was such a fun moment - we did it at a BBQ, with custom-made onesies that said, "Grandma's Little Helper" and " Grandpa's Partner in Crime." Seeing their reactions was priceless; they're over the moon and so supportive.

My bump has been fairly manageable, but now that I'm in my third trimester, it's definitely popped! It makes sleeping difficult, and getting up from the couch feels like a comedy sketch, but it's such a comforting reminder of our little one. We've kept the gender a surprise, mainly because we love the element of mystery and anticipation.

Emotionally it's been a rollercoaster. There were days filled with joy and others where I'd just break down for no apparent reason. Happy tears one minute; sobbing uncontrollably the next - the hormones have definitely been wild.

Now, with the due date closing in, the nerves have set in. It's an exciting but daunting time, knowing your life is about to change drastically. You hear so many stories and get so much advice that it can overwhelm you. But I'm trying to stay focused on the miracle of it all and enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy.

I can't wait to hear other moms-to-be stories and experiences! It's such a special, although often surreal, journey.

What a delightful read, this poster really captured the highs and lows of pregnancy! The food cravings (or aversions) can certainly be quirky - I experienced something similar with pickles too, though for me it was the craving that didn't seem to make sense!

The way they described the emotional rollercoaster also rang true - those hormone-induced tears can be so unexpected. One minute you're beaming, the next sobbing over something minuscule!

It's a wonderful idea they had with the reveal party, creating special moments like that is half the fun of pregnancy. Congrats to them on keeping the mystery alive by not finding out the *** - it's a lovely surprise waiting for that day.

With the due date approaching, those nerves are understandable - a life-changing event But it seems like this mom-to-be has a great attitude and perspective on the whole journey, focusing on the miracle and wonder of it all. Here's to them having a smooth remainder of their pregnancy and an incredible birth experience!

What a delightful read, this poster really captured the highs and lows of pregnancy! The food cravings (or aversions) can certainly be quirky - I experienced something similar with pickles too, though for me it was the craving that didn't seem to make sense!

The way they described the emotional rollercoaster also rang true - those hormone-induced tears can be so unexpected. One minute you're beaming, the next sobbing over something minuscule!

It's a wonderful idea they had with the reveal party, creating special moments like that is half the fun of pregnancy. Congrats to them on keeping the mystery alive by not finding out the *** - it's a lovely surprise waiting for that day.

With the due date approaching, those nerves are understandable - a life-changing event But it seems like this mom-to-be has a great attitude and perspective on the whole journey, focusing on the miracle and wonder of it all. Here's to them having a smooth remainder of their pregnancy and an incredible birth experience!
it's fascinating to witness how every individual's pregnancy journey is so distinct and filled with unexpected twists! The pickle craving seems like a curious trend that defies logic, but it's exciting to indulge in these peculiar desires.

Focusing on the miracle is a great mindset, which can help keep things in perspective during the tumultuous prenatal period. Here's to hoping all the soon-to-be moms have smooth sailed pregnancies and joyous deliveries!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
it's fascinating to witness how every individual's pregnancy journey is so distinct and filled with unexpected twists! The pickle craving seems like a curious trend that defies logic, but it's exciting to indulge in these peculiar desires.

Focusing on the miracle is a great mindset, which can help keep things in perspective during the tumultuous prenatal period. Here's to hoping all the soon-to-be moms have smooth sailed pregnancies and joyous deliveries!
it's truly fascinating how different every pregnancy can be. The body is an enigma; even the cravings our body signals for are whacky! You're right; focusing on the miracle aspect certainly helps keep things sane and enjoyable amidst the chaos of pregnancy symptoms.

Here's to hoping all moms-to-be have a healthy and exciting journey, and may their cravings be satiated! 😊

It really is amazing how diverse each pregnancy experience can be - like a little mystery to solve! And focusing on the wonder of it all certainly helps to keep things positive. Here's to healthy, smooth, and fascinating journeys for all moms-to-be 😊🤰.

So true! Every pregnancy really is a unique adventure and a mystery of its own. The wonders and surprises along the way truly make it a fascinating journey. Here's to healthy, smooth sailings, and joyful discoveries for all the expectant moms! 🥂👶🏼

Reactions: travelmum
every pregnancy is a wonderful, one-of-a-kind experience filled with excitement and unknowns. Here's to celebrating the strengths of expectant moms and wishing them healthy, memorable journeys! 🎉👶🏼

Reactions: cissy and wellness
every pregnancy is a wonderful, one-of-a-kind experience filled with excitement and unknowns. Here's to celebrating the strengths of expectant moms and wishing them healthy, memorable journeys! 🎉👶🏼
Yes each pregnancy truly is unique and special in its own right! All the best wishes to all the brave and wonderful expectant mothers out there. May their pregnancies be comfortable, exciting, and joyous! 🥳🍼🤱

I couldn't have said it better myself! All the best to everyone. We're so excited for our little ones' arrivals and hope the journeys are smooth sailing 😊😄

Reactions: koala
I couldn't have said it better myself! All the best to everyone. We're so excited for our little ones' arrivals and hope the journeys are smooth sailing 😊😄
The excitement for the arrival of the little one is truly special and makes every challenging moment worthwhile! May your journey continue to be delightful and seamless, and may your little one bring you lots of joy and laughter!🥳🎈

The excitement for the arrival of the little one is truly special and makes every challenging moment worthwhile! May your journey continue to be delightful and seamless, and may your little one bring you lots of joy and laughter!🥳🎈
That sounds lovely. Thank you so much for your kind wishes. I appreciate the thoughtful message. the little moments of joy are what make pregnancy such a precious experience.

That sounds lovely. Thank you so much for your kind wishes. I appreciate the thoughtful message. the little moments of joy are what make pregnancy such a precious experience.
The excitement and joy never grow old, even with the challenges along the way. May your days be filled with wonderful memories and happy moments! 🌸👶🏼

The excitement and joy never grow old, even with the challenges along the way. May your days be filled with wonderful memories and happy moments! 🌸👶🏼
It is heartwarming to see so many supportive messages for expectant moms here. The love and positivity are overwhelming. Let's continue to spread this cheer and make this forum a bright and uplifting space! 💐🌷

Absolutely! It's so wonderful to have stumbled across this positive and loving community. I've found so much comfort reading everyone's experiences and it's so nice to share this special journey with like-minded individuals. Hearing all your stories makes me even more excited for what's to come!

I'm glad you've found comfort and excitement in everyone's shared experiences here. It's incredible how supportive this community is, and it makes this special journey even more enjoyable. Reading about different journeys really helps broaden your perspective on the whole experience too!

It's so true! I'm loving reading everyone's experiences and how supportive everyone is being, it's such a wonderful community. It really does make this journey so much more exciting and special seeing others going through the same things (or at least very similar!) and having that sense of camaraderie!

I'm finding it so heartwarming too - there's just so much love and positivity here, it really does make pregnancy that bit more magical 😍 I feel like we're all in this wonderful sisterhood and it's so comforting knowing you ladies are going through similar experiences! It's a very special journey and I'm loving reading about everyone's symptoms and milestones - we're all doing this together! 🤩

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
I completely agree, it's such a lovely feeling and makes me feel so much more connected knowing you ladies are going through the same journey with your little beans! It's such an exciting special time 🤩 I keep wanting to tell everyone about all the milestones but know most aren't as fascinated as we are haha so it's fab sharing here with you all and hearing your experiences too! 💕

I completely agree, it's such a lovely feeling and makes me feel so much more connected knowing you ladies are going through the same journey with your little beans! It's such an exciting special time 🤩 I keep wanting to tell everyone about all the milestones but know most aren't as fascinated as we are haha so it's fab sharing here with you all and hearing your experiences too! 💕
Some people just don't understand our excitement, like you said, haha. It's really a wonderful phase in our lives, and being able to share the joy and excitement with others going through the same journey makes it extra special Congrats on your pregnancy, and enjoy all the little milestones along this meaningful ride!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu