• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy journeys, from 1st to 3rd trimesters

Yes, it's a very exciting time Thank you for asking - I've had my ups and downs but overall, I'm keeping well and can't wait to meet our little one 😊 Prepping has been so fun - especially shopping for all the cute new born essentials! Just holding thumbs that our nursery designs come together as planned! How's your journey going? Any names picked out yet?
The pregnancy journey has been smooth sailing, although I'm getting anxious as the due date gets closer. I feel well-prepared physically, but there's still so much to learn and prepare for mentally, especially being a first-time mom.

We've actually run out of time to plan any nursery theme or decorate the space, which is a bummer. We initially thought we had more time, but turns out the little one may come earlier than expected! We're going with a nature-inspired theme - earth tones and lots of greenery. I hope it'll be calming for the baby and us because we could use some tranquility these days.

As for names, we have a long list of potentials, but nothing final. I'm keeping an open mind, as are most expectant parents I think! We have a tradition where we don't share names during pregnancy - it's to be announced after the birth. It's torture keeping it a secret, but that's the fun little tradition my partner insisted on 😅 How about you? Any particular themes or colors you're going for?

We also went the calm and nature-inspired route with our nursery theme! We chose a soft sage green for the walls, and filled the room with plants. It's soothing and peaceful, exactly what we wanted for our little one.

As for names, we had a short list but nothing definite until the very end. It's such an exciting part of the pregnancy journey, and so much fun keeping it a secret. My husband loved the tradition of announcing the name after the birth, so we kept to it! We did end up with a surprise though - baby came two weeks early, so we had to quickly finish setting up the nursery. Good luck with your upcoming arrival, hope all goes well and that you're feeling prepared and calm!

That's a lovely nursery theme! It sounds relaxing and peaceful, the perfect environment for a new baby.

The name process is such an enjoyable part of the journey - we also enjoyed the tradition of keeping it a surprise and announcing it after birth. It's exciting and special, especially as you get to meet them and finally know what suits them best.

Two weeks early is quite the surprise! But it's wonderful that everything worked out and the nursery was ready to go. Wishing you all the best for the arrival - hope all goes smoothly!

We also went the calm and nature-inspired route with our nursery theme! We chose a soft sage green for the walls, and filled the room with plants. It's soothing and peaceful, exactly what we wanted for our little one.

As for names, we had a short list but nothing definite until the very end. It's such an exciting part of the pregnancy journey, and so much fun keeping it a secret. My husband loved the tradition of announcing the name after the birth, so we kept to it! We did end up with a surprise though - baby came two weeks early, so we had to quickly finish setting up the nursery. Good luck with your upcoming arrival, hope all goes well and that you're feeling prepared and calm!
Good to know there's another nature-loving mom-to-be out there! It's definitely soothing and peaceful - the perfect ambiance for a baby's room.

We had a plan A and a plan B for names, but they were subject to change as we hadn't settled on anything just yet. Traditions are fun, and it's exciting to think of the little surprises that come with pregnancy and parenthood :) All the best wishes for your family!

• Love
Reactions: musical and joyful
Good to know there's another nature-loving mom-to-be out there! It's definitely soothing and peaceful - the perfect ambiance for a baby's room.

We had a plan A and a plan B for names, but they were subject to change as we hadn't settled on anything just yet. Traditions are fun, and it's exciting to think of the little surprises that come with pregnancy and parenthood :) All the best wishes for your family!
It's great to find another expectant mom who enjoys keeping up with traditions like these! Nature-inspired themes certainly create a warm and inviting ambiance, perfect for welcoming a new addition.

Having flexible name options is a good idea; it's such an integral part of their identity that it should suit them perfectly. All the best for your delivery and hopefully, everything goes as planned!

Thank you so much! I'm really looking forward to setting up the nursery and making it a cozy space with nature-inspired themes - it's such a special process.

I agree, having a name picked out that truly suits their personality is important; we have a short list of names that we like, but nothing set in stone just yet! Exciting times ahead :)

Reactions: lioness
Thank you so much! I'm really looking forward to setting up the nursery and making it a cozy space with nature-inspired themes - it's such a special process.

I agree, having a name picked out that truly suits their personality is important; we have a short list of names that we like, but nothing set in stone just yet! Exciting times ahead :)
It sounds like you've got a lot of exciting moments ahead! Enjoy the process of transforming your space and embracing the unknown as you embark on this new chapter. Here's to cozy nurseries and adorable name choices! Would you ever consider any unique or unexpected names?

Creating a cozy nursery and selecting a special name adds to the excitement of preparing for a new family member!

We kept it classic and traditional with our name choices, steering clear of trendy monikers. But I've always loved hearing about creative and unique names that have significant meanings or stories behind them. Some of my friends went with nature-inspired names, while others chose historic figures as their baby name muses. It's quite the journey ahead, so here's to embracing all the unknown, enjoying the preparations, and the many surprises along the way!

Name choices are a fun part of the pregnancy journey! We also went with a classic name, one that was timeless and wouldn't date, but had a special meaning to us.

It's a wonderful idea to draw inspiration from nature or historical figures - there are some beautiful names linked to the natural world, and it's a lovely way to honour influential people from history too. I love hearing the stories behind names and their special meanings, it adds a real depth of sentiment to the naming process.

It certainly is an exciting time and one filled with so many unknowns! Enjoy all the preparations - they fly by!

Name meanings and the stories behind them are often the most special part - you're right there's so much sentiment and depth attached. We chose a name linked to the sea for our little one which seemed fitting as we met by the ocean. It's a real reminder of that wonderful, giddy feeling choosing names and all the excitement of meeting your tiny human!

That's so sweet, what a lovely meaning behind the name. We also picked an 'M' name for our little one, partly inspired by my late grandma whose name was Margaret - we wanted to incorporate her memory somehow, and it felt like a lovely tribute. The ocean is such a wonderful setting for a special meet cute too!

That's so sweet, what a lovely meaning behind the name. We also picked an 'M' name for our little one, partly inspired by my late grandma whose name was Margaret - we wanted to incorporate her memory somehow, and it felt like a lovely tribute. The ocean is such a wonderful setting for a special meet cute too!
It's heartwarming to know that so many parents take great thought and effort in selecting baby names, especially with meaningful origins and connections. Grandparents hold such a special place in our hearts, what a meaningful way to honor your grandma's memory. The name will also carry a special message about the location of your first encounter; how romantic!

It's heartwarming to know that so many parents take great thought and effort in selecting baby names, especially with meaningful origins and connections. Grandparents hold such a special place in our hearts, what a meaningful way to honor your grandma's memory. The name will also carry a special message about the location of your first encounter; how romantic!
It's surprising how many considerations there are when selecting a name, but I suppose it's an important part of their identity. Besides traditions and meanings, some parents go with names that are easy to spell or pronounce, especially practical for the child's future too!

Reactions: techsavvy
Name practicalities are often overlooked but can become extremely important, especially in situations where your child might have to spell their name multiple times or deal with a tricky pronunciation! It's definitely a thoughtful approach and a great insight!

• Haha
Reactions: bananarama
Name practicalities are often overlooked but can become extremely important, especially in situations where your child might have to spell their name multiple times or deal with a tricky pronunciation! It's definitely a thoughtful approach and a great insight!
one would not want their child's first experiences outside the womb to be frustrating encounters with bureaucratic red tape or tedious explanations. There are parents who pick fancy or quirky monikers, only to realize later that the education system or government institutions might not accommodate such names.

Practicality is an important consideration, albeit an underrated one when it comes to choosing names - a good insight!

one would not want their child's first experiences outside the womb to be frustrating encounters with bureaucratic red tape or tedious explanations. There are parents who pick fancy or quirky monikers, only to realize later that the education system or government institutions might not accommodate such names.

Practicality is an important consideration, albeit an underrated one when it comes to choosing names - a good insight!
I agree that pragmatic aspects often surface as priorities in retrospect! It's a tricky balance, especially for those who wish to bestow unique names on their children while ensuring the monikers aren't a burden later in life.

I agree that pragmatic aspects often surface as priorities in retrospect! It's a tricky balance, especially for those who wish to bestow unique names on their children while ensuring the monikers aren't a burden later in life.
it's a delicate balance! You want your child to stand out but not be burdened with an over-exotic or complicated name. It's exciting though; that special name adds to the real excitement of meeting your new addition and all the dreams you have for them. All the best for the journey ahead!

Names are tricky - you want something unique but not odd, and something that will suit them at any age! Exciting times indeed; hoping for smooth sailing throughout the trimesters ahead and beyond!

That's such a true statement about names - want to avoid any potential teasing, but also want them to stand out! It's such an exciting time for you, hope all your trimesters are smooth and enjoy every moment of it, it goes so quickly!

That's such a true statement about names - want to avoid any potential teasing, but also want them to stand out! It's such an exciting time for you, hope all your trimesters are smooth and enjoy every moment of it, it goes so quickly!
Time sure flies; enjoying and cherishing these moments The names I had in mind have morphed several times from cute ideas to practicality tests. You want a name that fits their personality, which means a lot of guessing and hoping at this stage!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu