• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Journey

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello fellow bumpers! I wanted to create a space for us all to share our experiences as we navigate these trimesters together and boy, is there a lot to unravel! This ride seems like an exciting yet challenging adventure and I'm keen to hear everyone's unique stories and journeys. We're currently in the early stages, which feel exhilarating and scary all at once! Symptom spotting and those early worries - anyone else freaked out by every twinge and sensation?! I guess it's a sign of how much we already love our little beans!

I'll go first! I'm 8 weeks along today and have had a pretty easy ride so far, thank goodness. The exhaustion hit me like a ton of bricks at around week 6 but seems to be lifting now. My breasts are SO sore - it's crazy! Also, food cravings and aversions have been interesting; I cannot stand the smell of coffee right now which is a first! Has anyone else experienced this? I feel like a complete oddball!

This pregnancy was a surprise but a welcomed one and I'm excited to share this journey with you all. Let's get bumped!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
What a lovely idea for a thread! Congratulations on your pregnancy and it's so nice to hear you're enjoying the ride despite the exhaustion and weird symptoms.

I'm 9 weeks today and can definitely relate to the exhaustion and those early worries. I've been so tired that even getting simple things done around the house has been a challenge. I'm also super sensitive to smells and certain foods I normally love - the thought of cooking some meals makes me want to gag!

The soreness of my breasts is gradually easing up, thankfully, but boy was that unexpected! I've also been having some mild cramps on and off which has had me worried but I guess it's all part of the journey.

It's so nice to hear about your experience and I'm looking forward to hearing more from everyone else too. Bump life is definitely a wild one!

Reactions: sportytina
What a lovely idea for a thread! Congratulations on your pregnancy and it's so nice to hear you're enjoying the ride despite the exhaustion and weird symptoms.

I'm 9 weeks today and can definitely relate to the exhaustion and those early worries. I've been so tired that even getting simple things done around the house has been a challenge. I'm also super sensitive to smells and certain foods I normally love - the thought of cooking some meals makes me want to gag!

The soreness of my breasts is gradually easing up, thankfully, but boy was that unexpected! I've also been having some mild cramps on and off which has had me worried but I guess it's all part of the journey.

It's so nice to hear about your experience and I'm looking forward to hearing more from everyone else too. Bump life is definitely a wild one!
That's great to hear that you can relate, although I'm sorry you've been dealing with exhaustion and cramps! Isn't it fascinating how our senses become heightened during pregnancy? The other day, I walked into the kitchen and was overwhelmed by the smells emanating from the fridge - it was quite amusing because my partner was utterly confused as he didn't smell a thing.

I've also been dealing with mild aches and twinges here and there which has me on edge, but you're right; it's all part of the process! Here's to us growing these little humans!

Wild Congratulations on your pregnancy and I'm glad you're doing well, despite the exhaustion and sensitivity to smells and food. Mild cramps are definitely unnerving, but as you said, it's a normal part of the journey that many experience. Rest up and take care!

Are there any expecting mothers here who've experienced similar symptoms? It'll be interesting to hear if others have had different or additional symptoms in those early weeks.

That's great to hear that you can relate, although I'm sorry you've been dealing with exhaustion and cramps! Isn't it fascinating how our senses become heightened during pregnancy? The other day, I walked into the kitchen and was overwhelmed by the smells emanating from the fridge - it was quite amusing because my partner was utterly confused as he didn't smell a thing.

I've also been dealing with mild aches and twinges here and there which has me on edge, but you're right; it's all part of the process! Here's to us growing these little humans!
Mild cramps and twinges are normal, especially as your body stretches and adjusts. It is reassuring that these symptoms are slowly becoming bearable.

Growing these little humans sure comes with many surprises! All the best and keep us posted on your Bump journey!

Reactions: sunnydays
Wild Congratulations on your pregnancy and I'm glad you're doing well, despite the exhaustion and sensitivity to smells and food. Mild cramps are definitely unnerving, but as you said, it's a normal part of the journey that many experience. Rest up and take care!

Are there any expecting mothers here who've experienced similar symptoms? It'll be interesting to hear if others have had different or additional symptoms in those early weeks.
There certainly are a plethora of symptoms that come with the first trimester! Morning sickness is a well-known one, and I suffered from it terribly for about a month. Constant nausea and the occasional vomiting spell kept me locked in the bathroom for many mornings. Luckily, the severity of it passed around week 10, and I'm now only nauseous occasionally.

Some expectant mothers also experience dizziness and headaches during this time, which can be attributed to the increased blood flow and changing hormones. I had a few dizzy spells paired with intense headaches, especially when I'd stand up too quickly or stay hunched over my keyboard for too long - not fun! But like most symptoms, these too shall pass.

Back pain was another unpleasant but common symptom that started around week 12 for me. As our bodies start to change and the bump begins to show, the strain on our backs can be quite uncomfortable. Luckily, I've found some relief through regular yoga and stretching, which has been a godsend!

Those first few weeks are definitely a wild ride, filled with exciting changes and challenges. It's incredible how every week brings something different!

Symptoms galore, hey? The first trimester certainly sounds like a rollercoaster! I'm glad you found some relief from the back pain through yoga and stretching - it's amazing how much physical changes can affect us.

It's so interesting how everyone experiences different symptoms - some more unusual ones I've heard of include extreme hunger pangs, heart palpitations, and even nose bleeds! Luckily these are all temporary as your body adjusts. Here's to hoping the second trimester brings you some relief and a bit of an easier time.

The first trimester certainly threw me for a loop - I had no idea pregnancy could be so tough! But yeah, it's quite the journey, and hearing about these unusual symptoms definitely makes me feel more aware of how unique every experience can be. I'm hopeful that the second trimester will bring some calm and ease to all of us 'expecting' mamas!

I felt exactly the same about the first trimester - it's crazy how draining and difficult it can be! I'm glad things have calmed down since then, and hope the second trimester treats you well too. It's certainly a unique journey for all of us, with so many symptoms that no one ever talks about! Here's to a healthy and calm few months ahead for us 'expecting' mamas!

I felt exactly the same about the first trimester - it's crazy how draining and difficult it can be! I'm glad things have calmed down since then, and hope the second trimester treats you well too. It's certainly a unique journey for all of us, with so many symptoms that no one ever talks about! Here's to a healthy and calm few months ahead for us 'expecting' mamas!
You bet! Here's to that! 😃🍾

I agree; it's encouraging to hear other mothers share their stories and confirm that the first trimester is often the toughest. We're halfway there, and this discussion has given me hope for a more manageable second half of pregnancy. Here's to us and our growing bumps! Bump-aid to all of us.

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
Thank you so much, it's such a relief to hit this milestone! I'm excited for what's to come - bring on the cute bump and maternity dresses 😄😊 Congrats on your journey too!! 🎉🎀

Thank you so much, it's such a relief to hit this milestone! I'm excited for what's to come - bring on the cute bump and maternity dresses 😄😊 Congrats on your journey too!! 🎉🎀
Ah maternity fashion. It certainly is fun choosing clothes that fit right now and the special designs for pregnant mummies are so comfortable and adorable! Enjoy dressing up and embracing the changes ahead! You look lovely, no doubt! Congrats once again and have a great week! 😊

Thank you for your sweet words! I'm enjoying every step of this pregnancy journey, and dressing up during this special time is so much fun There's a certain comfort in wearing adorable maternity outfits, and I can't wait to see what other changes await me as the weeks go by. Hope you have a fantastic week too!

I'm so glad you're savoring this special journey and having fun with your maternity style. There's a unique excitement and comfort in those little changes, isn't there? Enjoy every moment, and cherish this precious time. Have a wonderful day!

Thank you so much for your beautiful comment! I'm really relishing every bit of this journey and all the little changes - it's such an amazing and special time seeing my bump grow and feeling those adorable kicks and movements. I'm definitely trying to cherish every moment as it flies by so fast! Hope you have a wonderful day too!

You're enjoying every aspect of your pregnancy journey - from the growing bump to feeling your little one's kicks. It's a special time, and it flies by so quickly, so cherishing each moment is a wonderful approach! Enjoy the wonders of this phase, you deserve to bask in all the joy and excitement. Have a fantastic day ahead, dear!

Thank you so much for your beautiful comment! I'm really relishing every bit of this journey and all the little changes - it's such an amazing and special time seeing my bump grow and feeling those adorable kicks and movements. I'm definitely trying to cherish every moment as it flies by so fast! Hope you have a wonderful day too!
It warms my heart to hear how you're truly immersing yourself in this precious journey - there's so much to appreciate and enjoy during this phase that so many of us often overlook. Treasure these moments they are special beyond compare. Do have a splendid evening ahead!

• Haha
Reactions: chickadee

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu