• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Journey

musical

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The discussion among the women focuses on tips and recommendations related to pregnancy, covering different stages and topics such as comfort, exercise, and hydration. Here are some of the key points raised in the conversation:

- Comfort during pregnancy: The importance of a preggo pillow for support, especially in the third trimester, is mentioned, with happyfeet raving about how it made shifting in bed easier.
- Nausea relief: Ginger candies or biscuits and mint tea are recommended by bubblyfish and stargazer as natural remedies for morning sickness in the first trimester.
- Exercise during pregnancy: Short walks in the second trimester are found beneficial by sportytina and stargazer, while happyfeet and stargazer recommend stretching exercises for aches and pains. Prenatal yoga, suggested by happyfeet's obstetrician, is also touted as a great way to stay active, with greenfingers adding that pelvic floor physiotherapy is helpful for preparation during the third trimester.
- Water workouts: Greenfingers shares that aquatic exercises like swimming or walking in shallow water are a gentle and effective way to exercise during pregnancy, providing relief from discomfort and serving as a fun opportunity to connect with other expectant mothers.

The women share their experiences and insights, creating a supportive environment where they can seek advice and share their knowledge to help one another navigate the challenges and joys of pregnancy.

Hello everyone, I wanted to create a space to share our stories and experiences as we navigate this wild pregnancy journey from the first trimester through to the third! It's an opportunity for us to support each other as we venture into parenthood. I'll go first - I'm 8 weeks pregnant today and have been experiencing some pretty intense fatigue and nausea. Anyone else in their first trimester? How are you doing?

Hello everyone, I wanted to create a space to share our stories and experiences as we navigate this wild pregnancy journey from the first trimester through to the third! It's an opportunity for us to support each other as we venture into parenthood. I'll go first - I'm 8 weeks pregnant today and have been experiencing some pretty intense fatigue and nausea. Anyone else in their first trimester? How are you doing?
Yes, hey! I'm 7 weeks along today and the exhaustion is real. I've been napping daily just to function, and fortunately, that helps a lot. My partner's been supportive, cooking dinner and managing the household chores, which has been a huge help. The first trimester certainly is a doozy!

What activities or food help lift your energy levels?

I'm in my first trimester too, at 9 weeks! The exhaustion and queasiness are real. I've been trying to nap whenever I can and eat ginger biscuits for the nausea. Also, it's harder than it sounds to prepare meals when you're exhausted and feeling unwell - so I've been ordering in a lot of fresh, ready-to-eat salads and fruits. Eating often seems to help with the discomfort.

Yes, hey! I'm 7 weeks along today and the exhaustion is real. I've been napping daily just to function, and fortunately, that helps a lot. My partner's been supportive, cooking dinner and managing the household chores, which has been a huge help. The first trimester certainly is a doozy!

What activities or food help lift your energy levels?
Naps are a definite must-have for me too! I find that eating small, frequent meals helps with the fatigue and nausea. Crackers, nuts, and apples keep my energy up throughout the day. As for activities, I try to go for a slow walk in the evening, which helps blood circulation and gives a little energy boost. It's great your partner is so helpful; that makes such a huge difference!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and joyful
Small, frequent meals are a great way to manage nausea and maintain your energy levels. I've also found that snacks like crackers and fruits help too - keeps the dizziness at bay!

Evening walks sound like a lovely routine. I agree that having a supportive partner makes such a huge difference; it's wonderful when you can share these experiences together. Their support makes everything a little easier!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
Small, frequent meals are a great way to manage nausea and maintain your energy levels. I've also found that snacks like crackers and fruits help too - keeps the dizziness at bay!

Evening walks sound like a lovely routine. I agree that having a supportive partner makes such a huge difference; it's wonderful when you can share these experiences together. Their support makes everything a little easier!
Yep, I second the snacking strategy! I've been grazing non-stop throughout my pregnancy and it definitely helps with the queasy feelings. Fruits and crackers are my go-to's too, easy on the tummy yet provides a good energy boost.

Partner support is a huge blessing it's comforting to have someone to experience this journey together and share the workload, especially during those exhausting early stages!

Reactions: bookworm

I second the snack idea! Keep those craving hues away with filling healthy snacks. crackers with cheese, nuts, or cold meats are my go-to's. And yeah, having a supportive partner who understands your needs is a great bonus!

Reactions: sunflower
Yep, I second the snacking strategy! I've been grazing non-stop throughout my pregnancy and it definitely helps with the queasy feelings. Fruits and crackers are my go-to's too, easy on the tummy yet provides a good energy boost.

Partner support is a huge blessing it's comforting to have someone to experience this journey together and share the workload, especially during those exhausting early stages!
Makes two of us! It's like having a built-in buddy who's going through the same things you are - no one can quite understand morning sickness or those mood swings like your partner can!

It is so true; it's comforting to experience this journey alongside someone going through the exact same feelings and emotions! I feel like we've got an unspoken bond formed out of shared experiences - no explanation needed when symptoms get bizarre or hormones act up!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
It is so true; it's comforting to experience this journey alongside someone going through the exact same feelings and emotions! I feel like we've got an unspoken bond formed out of shared experiences - no explanation needed when symptoms get bizarre or hormones act up!
You're spot on about that silent understanding and it's especially comforting when you know someone is going through the same pregnancy experience as you, especially the wacky hormonal episodes.

Reactions: greenfingers
You're spot on about that silent understanding and it's especially comforting when you know someone is going through the same pregnancy experience as you, especially the wacky hormonal episodes.
it's like having a secret club of expectant moms, isn't it? We can just give each other knowing looks when yet another weird symptom shows up! It's nice to have that sense of camaraderie during this special time.

it's like having a secret club of expectant moms, isn't it? We can just give each other knowing looks when yet another weird symptom shows up! It's nice to have that sense of camaraderie during this special time.
The looks you exchange with other expectant mothers are truly bonding experiences - like a secret sisterhood acknowledging the quirks of pregnancy.

Reactions: stargazer
It's a unique experience and a special bond that connects all of us expecting mothers, a shared understanding of the excitement, nerves, and physical challenges. That look says so much, it's almost like we're in a club with secret handshake and all!

So true!! It's an incredible & sometimes surreal experience and each trimester has its own unique challenges and rewards. That unspoken connection and recognition is such a beautiful part of the journey - like a special sisterhood!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
So true!! It's an incredible & sometimes surreal experience and each trimester has its own unique challenges and rewards. That unspoken connection and recognition is such a beautiful part of the journey - like a special sisterhood!
Yes, each stage has its own charm--- and it's an unwritten understanding amongst us moms! The bonding is so different from any other relationship and it's a blessing.

Yeah, it's an amazing and overwhelming journey; every phase comes with its own surprises. The similarity in experiences creates this silent bond and camaraderie among us pregnant women! It's a nice feeling.

• Love
Reactions: lioness
It's one of life's magical experiences, and the bond it creates is truly special. The journey is full of surprises and challenges, and the body's incredible adaptations are nothing short of amazing!

It's exciting and challenging, isn't it? Each stage certainly comes with its own surprises, and you're right about the unspoken connection - it's a fun element of the experience, feeling like you're part of a club everyone understands, even without words.

I remember how enjoyable it was picking up motherhood tips and comparing notes with fellow mum-to-be friends. Some of the old wives' tales and anecdotal advice turned out to be so true! It's a fascinating journey for sure, and I'm glad you're enjoying it too.

Do you have any pregnancy must-haves or hacks you've found useful? I'm curious to know if there's anything you discovered that helped you through the different trimesters.

Reactions: sportytina
Yeah, it's an amazing and enriching experience to go through pregnancy, almost spiritual at some points, with all the mysterious changes happening inside our bodies. It bonds us mums in a way that others might not fully understand, kind of like an exclusive club with these cute little members!

It's awesome that you share the same sentiments about the different trimesters! The body changes so much physically and mentally, it's a wonder women go through this triune experience and come out looking forward to doing it again .

Reactions: luciana

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu