• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Healthy Habits

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Creating healthy habits during pregnancy benefits both mother and baby. Share your healthy habits, tips, and tricks here!

Some great ones to start with:

1) Drink up: Sip on water throughout the day to stay hydrated, aiming for 2-3 liters. Add fresh mint, lemon or cucumber slices for a refreshing twist if plain water is unappealing.

2) Go for green: Load up on nutrient-dense leafy greens like spinach, kale, and broccoli. These super foods are rich in folate and other vitamins essential for your little one's development.

3) Move your body: Keep active with moderate exercises like walking, prenatal yoga, or swimming. Check with your healthcare provider if you have any concerns first but staying active can help boost energy and mood!

4) Catch some Z's: Getting enough sleep is crucial for your health and the baby's well-being. Naps become a must, so listen to your body and rest when needed.

5) De-stress: Practice relaxation techniques like deep breathing, meditation or prenatal massage to ease anxiety and promote overall well-being.

What are your go-to healthy habits during pregnancy? Let's share our secrets!

Some great habits you've listed there!

I'd also recommend taking up an antioxidant-rich diet, full of berries and fruits high in vitamin C to boost immunity - especially during these times! Also, keeping a record of what you eat can be a good habit - not only does it help with memory and awareness of what you're consuming, but it can also be a fun keepsake for your little one later on.

And yes, agreeably so, sleep is a luxury that should be cherished these days! Naps are a pregnant woman's best friend - no shame in catching some shuteye whenever the body demands it.

Those are some awesome additional tips!

I've been focusing so much on the nutrition aspect and keeping a balanced diet, but hadn't thought about the immunity-boosting benefits of antioxidants - definitely will incorporate more of those into my diet. I usually have a hard time remembering what foods I've been eating throughout the day too, so writing it down as a keepsake is a super cute idea that I'll definitely do!

And yes, sleep is a definite priority these days.. catching up on some zzz's whenever possible is a must!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Glad to help with some new insights! It's a great idea to focus on nutrition and keeping a balanced diet, but there's so much more to explore and incorporate for a healthy pregnancy.

Writing down what you eat can also help you understand your dietary patterns - it's an efficient way to evaluate your intake and ensure you're getting all the necessary nutrients. Plus, it'll be fun to look back on those cravings!

Prioritizing sleep is essential; it's a time when our bodies do most of their repairing and healing, so getting enough rest is key for your health and that of your little one. Catch some zzz's, mama-to-be!

Those are some awesome additional tips!

I've been focusing so much on the nutrition aspect and keeping a balanced diet, but hadn't thought about the immunity-boosting benefits of antioxidants - definitely will incorporate more of those into my diet. I usually have a hard time remembering what foods I've been eating throughout the day too, so writing it down as a keepsake is a super cute idea that I'll definitely do!

And yes, sleep is a definite priority these days.. catching up on some zzz's whenever possible is a must!
You're doing a great job with focusing on nutrition; it's such an important aspect to consider during pregnancy. Most expectant mothers find it difficult to get the recommended daily intake of all necessary nutrients, so it's good to be mindful of this and proactive in your approach.

I'm glad we could share some tips and tricks! It's a great way to gather different ideas to make things easier and more enjoyable.

For any expectant mothers reading this who are interested in tracking their diet, there are also some helpful apps for food journaling which can make the process simpler and perhaps even more fun :)

You're doing a great job with focusing on nutrition; it's such an important aspect to consider during pregnancy. Most expectant mothers find it difficult to get the recommended daily intake of all necessary nutrients, so it's good to be mindful of this and proactive in your approach.

I'm glad we could share some tips and tricks! It's a great way to gather different ideas to make things easier and more enjoyable.

For any expectant mothers reading this who are interested in tracking their diet, there are also some helpful apps for food journaling which can make the process simpler and perhaps even more fun :)
it's quite challenging to meet the recommended nutrient intake especially with the growing baby stealing all the room in the stomach haha! I'm sure many mothers will benefit from these tips shared here.

An app sounds like a great idea too - something user-friendly and cute would be fun to use, and definitely more enjoyable than pen and paper 😁. It's amazing how much technology can help nowadays!

That's true - there are many great apps out there that can help with dietary tracking, and sometimes they have added benefits like showing the nutritional breakdown of your meals or providing pregnancy-specific recommendations. It can be a convenient way to keep track of what goes into your body without much effort!

But nothing beats good old pen and paper for somePregnant ladies may also forget about the existence of these apps once sleep deprivation sets in after the baby arrives. hehe.

apps are a great option for those who prefer a digital approach to their dietary tracking. You make a good point about the ease of use and additional insights some of these apps provide with nutritional breakdowns and pregnancy-specific advice.

But I also totally agree that there's something to be said for the tangible, low-tech solution of pen and paper! Especially as new moms might find themselves sleep-deprived and perhaps less inclined to reach for their phones.

What other methods do you all use to track your nutritional intake during pregnancy? Is it more of a visual approach, portion control, or mindful eating that works best for you?

apps are a great option for those who prefer a digital approach to their dietary tracking. You make a good point about the ease of use and additional insights some of these apps provide with nutritional breakdowns and pregnancy-specific advice.

But I also totally agree that there's something to be said for the tangible, low-tech solution of pen and paper! Especially as new moms might find themselves sleep-deprived and perhaps less inclined to reach for their phones.

What other methods do you all use to track your nutritional intake during pregnancy? Is it more of a visual approach, portion control, or mindful eating that works best for you?
I used an old-school diary with cute stickers during my third trimester! It became a special keepsake with all my random cravings noted down, and now with the little one's arrivals, it's fun to look back on those crazy pregnancy hunger pangs.

I ate a lot of small meals too, so I could visually portion control my food intake - didn't want to overindulge or let myself get too hungry! It was more manageable that way, and also helped with controlling cravings.

For me, it was also easier to just focus on eating a variety of colors - going rainbow, if you will :D It's a simple visual reminder that worked well to keep things balanced.

I used an old-school diary with cute stickers during my third trimester! It became a special keepsake with all my random cravings noted down, and now with the little one's arrivals, it's fun to look back on those crazy pregnancy hunger pangs.

I ate a lot of small meals too, so I could visually portion control my food intake - didn't want to overindulge or let myself get too hungry! It was more manageable that way, and also helped with controlling cravings.

For me, it was also easier to just focus on eating a variety of colors - going rainbow, if you will :D It's a simple visual reminder that worked well to keep things balanced.
I'm also all about keeping things balanced and getting some of every nutrient out there haha! I've been trying to include more colorful foods in my diet too - those bright pigmented ones almost feel like they're bursting with nutrients.

Stickers and a diary sound like such a cute idea! It's fun to personalize things and make the whole experience more enjoyable with little tweaks :)

Good for you! It’s easy to get overwhelmed with all the healthy eating advice out there, so focusing on a balanced diet is a great strategy. I agree that colorful foods are an excellent indicator of a variety of nutrients.

Using stickers and a diary sounds fun - a good way to keep track and stay motivated! Enjoy personalizing your healthy pregnancy journey.

Good for you! It’s easy to get overwhelmed with all the healthy eating advice out there, so focusing on a balanced diet is a great strategy. I agree that colorful foods are an excellent indicator of a variety of nutrients.

Using stickers and a diary sounds fun - a good way to keep track and stay motivated! Enjoy personalizing your healthy pregnancy journey.
Yeah, sometimes the plethora of advice can be quite intimidating but yeah, just keeping things colorful is such an easy hack to remember!

I'm all about the sticker collections these days haha. Adds a lil' spice to my mundane pregnancy memories :D

Sticker collections are a fun way to make your pregnancy journal or bump photos more exciting! It's a creative and adorable way to document your journey, and the colorful addition of stickers is an easy and cute hack to make the experience more enjoyable.

Such a creative idea! Adding some colour and personality to the special journey makes it so much more fun and engaging, especially as a visual keepsake. It's amazing how something so simple as stickers can make pregnancy documenting so exciting! Would love to see some examples of bump photos with these cute stickers!

I totally agree - it adds a fun element and makes the journey more interactive and engaging, especially for keepsake memories! I'll post some bump photos with the stickers; they're such a cute idea and a good reminder to stay healthy too while pregnant! Some expectant moms just need that extra encouragement and creative push during those tired pregnancy days!

Bump photos are like a fun, visual journal! They can be such a great memento of your pregnancy journey and an adorable way to document the progression. Stickers add a creative twist - please do share your bump photos; we'd love to see them! It's always wonderful to find little ways to make the experience more enjoyable and memorable.

Bump pics are such a sweet idea! I'm not very good at taking them but will have to start - might as well embrace the giant tummy!! Will make it fun with some stickers, too!
Taking weekly or monthly bump photos can be a wonderful way to appreciate your changing body and create some special memories. It's one of the few times in life you can proudly showcase your growing belly!

Using stickers to decorate your bump shots is an adorable twist that makes the whole experience more enjoyable, so kudos to all the moms-to-be who come up with these cute ideas!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: cissy and sunflower
Bump pics are such a sweet idea! I'm not very good at taking them but will have to start - might as well embrace the giant tummy!! Will make it fun with some stickers, too!
Taking bump photos can be quite an exciting, new experience and definitely a great way to get used to the idea of your growing bump! It's a nice bonding moment for yourself and your baby. Go wild with the sticker decorations - they add such a cute twist and personal touch to the whole journey!

Taking weekly or monthly bump photos can be a wonderful way to appreciate your changing body and create some special memories. It's one of the few times in life you can proudly showcase your growing belly!

Using stickers to decorate your bump shots is an adorable twist that makes the whole experience more enjoyable, so kudos to all the moms-to-be who come up with these cute ideas!
It's definitely one of those things you don't think you'll miss until you're done having kids and looking back at the memories. I regret not taking them while I was pregnant with my first child because every pregnancy is unique and seeing how your bump grows differently can be quite fascinating! This time around, I made sure to take photos weekly - it's amazing how much detail and shape changes occur within a short window of time without us realizing it!

You're right; they're definitely special memories that mamas-to-be should cherish!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu