• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Health

bookworm

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is a dedicated space to discuss all things health-related during your pregnancy journey.

Feel free to share tips, ask questions about symptoms, offer advice, or seek recommendations on managing some of the less comfortable aspects of pregnancy! We want to keep this community as supportive and informative as possible.

Remember to consult your healthcare provider if you have any concerns or issues that require professional attention. Now, let's get this conversation started!

This is a dedicated space to discuss all things health-related during your pregnancy journey.

Feel free to share tips, ask questions about symptoms, offer advice, or seek recommendations on managing some of the less comfortable aspects of pregnancy! We want to keep this community as supportive and informative as possible.

Remember to consult your healthcare provider if you have any concerns or issues that require professional attention. Now, let's get this conversation started!
It's great to have a dedicated space to discuss pregnancy health; I'm sure every mom-to-be wants to stay on top of their health during this exciting journey!

I'm due in a few weeks, and aside from the usual pregnant mama woes like backaches and heartburn, I'm curious to know if there are any natural remedies or comfort measures other moms have found helpful for common pregnancy symptoms. I'm all about keeping things as natural as possible and would love some suggestions on ways to keep comfortable during this homestretch!

Congratulations on your upcoming arrival!

For natural comfort measures, here are some remedies that might help:

1. For backaches, try using a pregnancy support belt; it really helps with posture and takes the strain off your back. Or, if you're up for it, a short walk can help ease back pain too.

2. For heartburn, it's said that sipping cold milk or eating a few plain biscuits can help soothe the discomfort. Somehow, the acidity seemed to lessen when I did this.

3. Swelling in hands and feet is such a nuisance! Keeping your feet elevated, especially when sitting, can help reduce swelling. I also found that a light massage with a cool damp cloth helped ease the discomfort of swollen feet.

4. As for skin issues like stretch marks or itching, keeping the skin moisturized with natural oils like coconut oil or almond oil can help. It definitely kept my skin happier and more hydrated.

5. And of course, staying hydrated itself is such an important one! Drinking plenty of water keeps you cool and flushes out toxins.

Hope these tips help you too!

Reactions: koala
These are great tips, thank you for sharing! I'd add a few more:

6. For morning sickness, ginger tea or ginger candies can help settle the stomach. Some essential oils, like peppermint or lemon, can also help with nausea.

7. Exercise is a great way to ease back pain and general body aches. Short walks or gentle yoga stretches can make a huge difference in how your body feels.

8. Keeping cool is so important for comfort as the pregnancy progresses, especially for those who are expecting during warmer months. A portable fan can be a lifesaver!

9. Stock up on comfortable underwear and bras. You might also want to invest in some maternity clothes, especially if your belly is growing quickly.

It's such an exciting time, and having a little kit of natural remedies can make the experience that much more manageable.

Some great additional tips!

I'd definitely recommend getting some maternity belts too - they can help with back support and ease the aches, especially as the bump gets heavier. And agree on the bra front - I sized up early on which was a saviour as I didn't realise how much my rib cage would expand!

Also, for those struggling with heartburn/acid reflux (a common one!), some natural remedies like sipping on aloe vera juice or chewing gum after meals can help.

It's such an exciting time and every bit of comfort helps!

Maternity belts are a great idea for some extra support - definitely worth investing in one early on to ease the backache.

I found out the hard way about the bra situation too - had to run out and buy some new ones when my rib cage expanded! It's amazing how many little things like that you don't realise can change.

Good call on the natural remedies for heartburn/acid reflux. Anything to avoid the medications is worth a shot - I'll have to give them a go!

Maternity belts are a great idea for some extra support - definitely worth investing in one early on to ease the backache.

I found out the hard way about the bra situation too - had to run out and buy some new ones when my rib cage expanded! It's amazing how many little things like that you don't realise can change.

Good call on the natural remedies for heartburn/acid reflux. Anything to avoid the medications is worth a shot - I'll have to give them a go!
the support from maternity belts is underrated! Most people would rather not invest in them, assuming they're unnecessary, but they do provide great relief, especially for those with back issues like sciatica.

On another note, I've heard foot and leg cramps can also be a nuisance in pregnancy. Apart from keeping hydrated and maintaining a healthy diet rich in calcium and potassium, any natural remedies or stretches that help ease this issue? That seems to be my latest pregnancy woe, and I'd love some tips!

There are so many little intricacies no one tells you about pregnancy, like how your undergarments might need an update! It's all a learning curve and sharing these tips really helps make the journey more comfortable.

Have you ladies found anything else that helped with your symptoms? All this wisdom is much appreciated!

I agree - pregnancy comes with many unexpected nuances!

One tip I received (and wished I'd known earlier) was to invest in some pregnancy pillows. They're a godsend for comfort, especially when getting comfortable during sleep becomes difficult.

Also, if you struggle with nausea, those pressure point wristbands helped me immensely. They're inexpensive and easily available, so definitely worth a shot!

Those are fantastic tips! I'll definitely keep them in mind. I've heard so many people rave about the benefits of pregnancy pillows, and it's great to have that confirmation. And I've not heard of pressure point wristbands - it's good to know there's an inexpensive solution for nausea too. Thanks for sharing!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
The pregnancy pillows are a lifesaver! And who doesn't love an affordable, easy solution to nausea - I was the same and found them so helpful, glad it's helped others too. Those wristbands really are brilliant for the price. Happy they're available when you need some extra relief!

They're wonderful aren't they? I feel like pregnancy pillows are a bit of an essential that often get overlooked. I didn't realise how much of a difference they'd make especially for the price - such a back saver and so comforting! Nausea is the worst, glad these simple solutions exist to help expecting mums out!

Reactions: musical
Yes, I found them a godsend, especially as I was so uncomfortable sleeping during my last trimester. The pillows helped ease me into a comfortable position and supported my bump perfectly. Nausea is a horrible symptom, so it's great that these simple yet effective solutions are readily available.

They're certainly a maternity must-have, especially for comfort during those long nights! It's amazing how something so simple can make such a huge difference. I found it especially reassuring to have that support and comfort throughout the night too - definitely a pregnancy essential!

They're certainly a maternity must-have, especially for comfort during those long nights! It's amazing how something so simple can make such a huge difference. I found it especially reassuring to have that support and comfort throughout the night too - definitely a pregnancy essential!
Yup, you get used to being propped up by the pillow, which is a real back and bump support! A good night's rest is so important too, and this definitely helps with that.

Reactions: joyful
Being comfortable while pregnant is so tricky - especially as your body changes! I remember having to sleep sitting up towards the end - it's a good idea to invest in some good pillows!

Pillows are a fantastic idea - and such a simple solution too! Definitely a good investment for comfort during pregnancy and also post-birth, especially for feeding and getting baby to sleep! I remember having to recline with lots of pillows behind me too, for back support. Anything to get comfortable!

Pillows are a fantastic idea - and such a simple solution too! Definitely a good investment for comfort during pregnancy and also post-birth, especially for feeding and getting baby to sleep! I remember having to recline with lots of pillows behind me too, for back support. Anything to get comfortable!
I'm all about the pillows! They're the unsung heroes of pregnancy discomfort -- and you're right, they do come in super handy post-partum too. Reclining with a pile of pillows sounds like a luxurious way to ease the aches away!

I'm all about the pillows! They're the unsung heroes of pregnancy discomfort -- and you're right, they do come in super handy post-partum too. Reclining with a pile of pillows sounds like a luxurious way to ease the aches away!
pillow talk is often overlooked! They're such a versatile essential that every pregnant person should know about. The right support makes a world of difference and can really help with relaxation.

pillow talk is often overlooked! They're such a versatile essential that every pregnant person should know about. The right support makes a world of difference and can really help with relaxation.
Pregnancy pillows especially can make a world of difference when you're expecting and often become a firm favorite post-birth too. It's a good idea to keep them around even after the baby arrives! They're so useful and can help with getting comfortable and relaxing during those exhausting first few months.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu