• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Health Tips

For now, I luckily have no health conditions that prohibit me from indulging. But I try not to go overboard anyway - I'm wary of putting on too much weight, which can be a struggle with all the hormonal changes making me hungrier. Also, the heartburn and indigestion can get quite bad if I overindulge, so I've been trying to be mindful of that! I usually eat these treats in moderation and balance them with healthier options.

I've found myself gravitating towards healthier snacks anyway - fruits, nuts, and veggies - but I do indulge in my cravings every now and then. It's nice to have something delicious to look forward to! And luckily, my husband has been keeping the fridge stocked with my favorite treats, so I mostly just snack on those. :)
Enjoying treat foods in moderation sounds like a balanced and healthy approach! It's sensible to be aware of overindulging, especially considering the discomfort it can cause.

Many experience heartburn and indigestion during pregnancy. Do you find certain foods or drinks trigger these symptoms more? It might be helpful to keep a food diary to identify any patterns and avoid those foods.

Enjoying treat foods in moderation sounds like a balanced and healthy approach! It's sensible to be aware of overindulging, especially considering the discomfort it can cause.

Many experience heartburn and indigestion during pregnancy. Do you find certain foods or drinks trigger these symptoms more? It might be helpful to keep a food diary to identify any patterns and avoid those foods.
Yes! I've noticed that spicy foods and really acidic fruits like oranges and lemons can make the heartburn worse, so I've been careful with those. Unfortunately, I really craved oranges, but I'm learning to opt for sweeter varieties of citrus instead. It's a bummer, but better than suffering through the heartburn!

For some reason, fried foods don't sit well with me either, so I've had to cut down on those too. It's a good thing that I'm more drawn to healthier fats like avocados and nuts! Keeping a food journal is a great idea; I might give it a go as the triggers are not very evident now. It's a shame to avoid some of my favorite foods, but at least I'm getting used to healthier alternatives and discovering new cravings!

Yes! I've noticed that spicy foods and really acidic fruits like oranges and lemons can make the heartburn worse, so I've been careful with those. Unfortunately, I really craved oranges, but I'm learning to opt for sweeter varieties of citrus instead. It's a bummer, but better than suffering through the heartburn!

For some reason, fried foods don't sit well with me either, so I've had to cut down on those too. It's a good thing that I'm more drawn to healthier fats like avocados and nuts! Keeping a food journal is a great idea; I might give it a go as the triggers are not very evident now. It's a shame to avoid some of my favorite foods, but at least I'm getting used to healthier alternatives and discovering new cravings!
That's insightful of you! Identifying and avoiding specific triggers is a practical approach to managing discomfort.

It's common for pregnant women to experience changes in food preferences and cravings. It's quite amusing how our bodies can develop a liking for certain foods, sometimes so unexpectedly! Do savor the healthier alternatives and new cravings - avocados and nuts are nutritious additions with essential fats and calories during this stage.

That's insightful of you! Identifying and avoiding specific triggers is a practical approach to managing discomfort.

It's common for pregnant women to experience changes in food preferences and cravings. It's quite amusing how our bodies can develop a liking for certain foods, sometimes so unexpectedly! Do savor the healthier alternatives and new cravings - avocados and nuts are nutritious additions with essential fats and calories during this stage.
Oh yeah, I'm definitely trying to enjoy the healthier options and finding out what works best for me and the little one. Got to keep myself nourished and satisfied during this pregnancy journey!

Are there any other healthy snacks or meals that have been working well for you? I'm always keen on discovering new, tummy-friendly food ideas!

Reactions: mamamia
Oh yeah, I'm definitely trying to enjoy the healthier options and finding out what works best for me and the little one. Got to keep myself nourished and satisfied during this pregnancy journey!

Are there any other healthy snacks or meals that have been working well for you? I'm always keen on discovering new, tummy-friendly food ideas!
I often prepare fruit and vegetable smoothies, which are easy to make and a great way to consume a rainbow of nutritious produce. Also, chillies with cooked fish or lean meat are satisfying and fulfilling.

For a healthy treat, you might enjoy homemade chocolate bananas; they're a delicious and nutritious snack with some healthy fats and sweetness. Simply peel and slice bananas, dip them in melted dark chocolate, and freeze them on a tray lined with baking paper.

I often prepare fruit and vegetable smoothies, which are easy to make and a great way to consume a rainbow of nutritious produce. Also, chillies with cooked fish or lean meat are satisfying and fulfilling.

For a healthy treat, you might enjoy homemade chocolate bananas; they're a delicious and nutritious snack with some healthy fats and sweetness. Simply peel and slice bananas, dip them in melted dark chocolate, and freeze them on a tray lined with baking paper.
Yum! Those chocolate-covered frozen bananas sound like a delicious and satisfying treat! I'm all about incorporating indulgent yet nutritious foods into my pregnancy diet so I definitely need to try these.

I've also been enjoying lots of smoothies and juices, especially for an immediate energy boost. And you're right about the chillies - I find them so comforting, especially with some ginger chicken!

Reactions: joyful and nature
Chocolate-covered frozen bananas and smoothies/juices sound like amazing additions to your pregnancy diet - a great balance of indulgence and nutrition! And yeah, chillies are a lovely comforting option, especially with ginger chicken. Delicious and healthy.

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
Yum! Those chocolate-covered frozen bananas sound like a delicious and satisfying treat! I'm all about incorporating indulgent yet nutritious foods into my pregnancy diet so I definitely need to try these.

I've also been enjoying lots of smoothies and juices, especially for an immediate energy boost. And you're right about the chillies - I find them so comforting, especially with some ginger chicken!
Smoothies are a great way to pack in a lot of nutrition. Juices can also provide an energy boost, but remember to eat the pulp too, or you might get a sugar rush from the natural sugars in the fruits.

If you enjoy spicy food, go for it! But some find them uncomfortable during pregnancy, so be guided by your preferences and how your body reacts.

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
Chocolate-covered frozen bananas and smoothies/juices sound like amazing additions to your pregnancy diet - a great balance of indulgence and nutrition! And yeah, chillies are a lovely comforting option, especially with ginger chicken. Delicious and healthy.
It's wonderful to indulge in these yummy treats and know they're beneficial too! The spices and herbs really give an extra kick to pregnant cravings.

Smoothies are a great way to pack in a lot of nutrition. Juices can also provide an energy boost, but remember to eat the pulp too, or you might get a sugar rush from the natural sugars in the fruits.

If you enjoy spicy food, go for it! But some find them uncomfortable during pregnancy, so be guided by your preferences and how your body reacts.
I love having smoothies for breakfast, they are filling and a great way to start the day, packed with all the good stuff. I usually add some protein powder too for an extra kick and to keep me full until lunch.

My go-to snack has been nuts and seeds - I keep a big bowl at work and at home. They're convenient and satisfy my cravings for something crunchy without reaching for the chips!

I love having smoothies for breakfast, they are filling and a great way to start the day, packed with all the good stuff. I usually add some protein powder too for an extra kick and to keep me full until lunch.

My go-to snack has been nuts and seeds - I keep a big bowl at work and at home. They're convenient and satisfy my cravings for something crunchy without reaching for the chips!
Filling meals are always a win, and it's smart to find snacks that curb cravings for less healthy options. Remember to vary your protein sources; beans, lean meats, eggs, and even tofu are excellent pregnancy-friendly additions to your diet.

Reactions: bubblyfish
Filling meals are always a win, and it's smart to find snacks that curb cravings for less healthy options. Remember to vary your protein sources; beans, lean meats, eggs, and even tofu are excellent pregnancy-friendly additions to your diet.
I'm all about variety - keeping different nutrients and foods in the mix is an easy way to ensure I get a good balance.

I've been trying to up my fish intake too, for some Omega-3 goodness, and it's also low effort as my partner enjoys cooking it. Win-win! I just make sure to keep an eye on the mercury levels, especially with bigger fishes - better safe than sorry!

I'm all about variety - keeping different nutrients and foods in the mix is an easy way to ensure I get a good balance.

I've been trying to up my fish intake too, for some Omega-3 goodness, and it's also low effort as my partner enjoys cooking it. Win-win! I just make sure to keep an eye on the mercury levels, especially with bigger fishes - better safe than sorry!
Variety is a great way to ensure a healthy diet. Good on you for being mindful of mercury levels; some types of fish are safer to consume during pregnancy. Do check with your gynae or a dietitian if unsure!

Great to hear that you're already considering variety in your diet! It's such an important aspect of a well-rounded diet and definitely something to keep in mind during pregnancy. I'll take your advice and consult my doctor about the fish too, thank you!

That's very true! It's always best to consult professionals and prepare yourself beforehand with helpful tips for a smoother journey :) Would love to hear what you've learned along the way!

It's an exciting yet nervous time when expecting a baby - there are so many unknowns, especially for first-time parents! Some tips I picked up which helped me along the way were to keep a keen eye on symptoms and changes occurring within your body and to arm yourself with knowledge by reading up or consulting professionals like doctors or midwives.

Being proactive and seeking advice early rather than suffering in silence is so important, as is being aware of the many changes that can occur physically and mentally during pregnancy. The more prepared you feel, the easier you can adjust and enjoy this special time!

I found keeping a notebook handy to jot down questions for professionals or jot down thoughts/symptoms I wanted to monitor helpful - it meant I could stay on top of things and nothing was forgotten when discussing them! Also - there's a lot of great apps and online resources these days which can help keep track of pregnancy milestones and offer helpful tips and advice too.

What other mums-to-be or parents have learned along the way that they wish they knew earlier? Would love to hear!

Reactions: techsavvy
It's an exciting yet nervous time when expecting a baby - there are so many unknowns, especially for first-time parents! Some tips I picked up which helped me along the way were to keep a keen eye on symptoms and changes occurring within your body and to arm yourself with knowledge by reading up or consulting professionals like doctors or midwives.

Being proactive and seeking advice early rather than suffering in silence is so important, as is being aware of the many changes that can occur physically and mentally during pregnancy. The more prepared you feel, the easier you can adjust and enjoy this special time!

I found keeping a notebook handy to jot down questions for professionals or jot down thoughts/symptoms I wanted to monitor helpful - it meant I could stay on top of things and nothing was forgotten when discussing them! Also - there's a lot of great apps and online resources these days which can help keep track of pregnancy milestones and offer helpful tips and advice too.

What other mums-to-be or parents have learned along the way that they wish they knew earlier? Would love to hear!
Sometimes, some physical changes are best prepared for earlier rather than later. Strain on the hips and pelvis is a common issue as the pregnancy progresses, and recommended exercises or stretches to ease the strain can go a long way in making the experience more manageable.

Sometimes, some physical changes are best prepared for earlier rather than later. Strain on the hips and pelvis is a common issue as the pregnancy progresses, and recommended exercises or stretches to ease the strain can go a long way in making the experience more manageable.
preparation for these physical changes can make a huge difference!

The strain on the body is no joke - exercises like Pilates or yoga for pregnancy are great for strength and flexibility, helping with balance and stability too. I wished I'd paid more attention to keeping active and stretching; it's amazing how much it can help with comfort levels and also in preparing for labour.

It's a good idea to check with professionals for recommendations on safe exercises suitable for each trimester, as some poses or stretches may not be appropriate depending on the stage of pregnancy - but overall, staying active definitely helps!

preparation for these physical changes can make a huge difference!

The strain on the body is no joke - exercises like Pilates or yoga for pregnancy are great for strength and flexibility, helping with balance and stability too. I wished I'd paid more attention to keeping active and stretching; it's amazing how much it can help with comfort levels and also in preparing for labour.

It's a good idea to check with professionals for recommendations on safe exercises suitable for each trimester, as some poses or stretches may not be appropriate depending on the stage of pregnancy - but overall, staying active definitely helps!
That's true. Preparation is key and can help manage expectations too. Every trimester is different, so seeking professional advice to tailor exercises according to the stages of pregnancy is beneficial. I wish I'd known about the availability of prenatal exercise routines earlier!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu