• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Fitness & Diet

bookworm

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hey all - hope you're doing well! I wanted to start a thread on balancing diet and exercise during pregnancy. I've been feeling great so far, but with the belly growing it's getting harder to maintain a good routine! Would love to hear about your experiences and go-to healthy meals/snacks and fitness routines that work for you.

I've been lucky so far - no morning sickness, so eating hasn't been too challenging. I've been focusing on small meals every two hours or so, mostly fruits and veggies with plenty of protein. Greek yogurt has been a go-to snack, and I've been drinking lots of smoothes too.
As for fitness, I've shifted away from high intensity workouts to walking and moderate strength training - mostly bodyweight exercises like squats and modified pushups. My balance is off these days, so I have to be careful with anything too fast-paced! But staying active has helped keep the pregnancy aches and pains at bay.

I've been lucky so far - no morning sickness, so eating hasn't been too challenging. I've been focusing on small meals every two hours or so, mostly fruits and veggies with plenty of protein. Greek yogurt has been a go-to snack, and I've been drinking lots of smoothes too.
As for fitness, I've shifted away from high intensity workouts to walking and moderate strength training - mostly bodyweight exercises like squats and modified pushups. My balance is off these days, so I have to be careful with anything too fast-paced! But staying active has helped keep the pregnancy aches and pains at bay.
Great to hear that you're keeping healthy and proactive during your pregnancy! It's a smart move to focus on healthier, more frequent meals and snacking on fruits and veggies. Keep listening to your body and maintaining that active lifestyle, it'll help you through the trimesters!

Bodyweight exercises are a brilliant idea too, safe and effective! Would you consider swimming to stay cool in this humid weather, or is it too early for that?

Great to hear that you're keeping healthy and proactive during your pregnancy! It's a smart move to focus on healthier, more frequent meals and snacking on fruits and veggies. Keep listening to your body and maintaining that active lifestyle, it'll help you through the trimesters!

Bodyweight exercises are a brilliant idea too, safe and effective! Would you consider swimming to stay cool in this humid weather, or is it too early for that?
I'm definitely up for some swimming action! The pool's a great place to chill and keep active, especially with this bump getting bigger by the day. It'll be fun to show off my baby bump in a cute preggers swimsuit too!

I'm definitely up for some swimming action! The pool's a great place to chill and keep active, especially with this bump getting bigger by the day. It'll be fun to show off my baby bump in a cute preggers swimsuit too!
That's awesome! You and your bump will look super-cute in a preggers swimsuit. I'm glad you're finding ways to stay comfortable and active; it's a great idea to keep swimming throughout pregnancy!

Yeah, I feel you! I loved swimming while pregnant; it's such a relief to have that weightlessness feeling when your bump gets so heavy. And yes, rock that baby bump with style! Who says you can't look fashionable while pregnant?

Reactions: wellness
Yeah, I feel you! I loved swimming while pregnant; it's such a relief to have that weightlessness feeling when your bump gets so heavy. And yes, rock that baby bump with style! Who says you can't look fashionable while pregnant?
It's great to have options to stay stylish throughout the different stages of pregnancy! I enjoyed swimming too; it's a wonderful workout and provides a much-needed cool respite from Singapore's humid weather.

It's great to have options to stay stylish throughout the different stages of pregnancy! I enjoyed swimming too; it's a wonderful workout and provides a much-needed cool respite from Singapore's humid weather.
I second that! The pool is my sanctuary, especially when pregnant and feeling heavy and uncomfortable. Swimming keeps me cool and energized during the hot summers!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and wisdom
I second that! The pool is my sanctuary, especially when pregnant and feeling heavy and uncomfortable. Swimming keeps me cool and energized during the hot summers!
Swimming's a great way to stay active and cool off during pregnancy, it's a wonderful sanctuary for mums-to-be! I loved floating in the water when I was pregnant with my girl; it takes so much weight off and is such a comforting feeling. I'd go for a swim everyday if I could!

That sounds amazing - it's like your own little bubble of relief! I've heard that pregnancy yoga also has a similar comforting effect and is excellent for flexibility and keeping mobile too, which is so important. It's also nice to connect with other mums-to-be at these classes if anyone is feeling social. Anything that makes you feel good in pregnancy is a winner, especially as comfort becomes such a priority!

Reactions: bubblyfish
That's so true! Comfort certainly becomes a priority during pregnancy and anything that makes you feel good is a definite win. I find that having that time set aside to relax and focus on your body, breathing and connecting with other mums is such a lovely bonus too - it's like a little self care sanctuary. I've been trying to keep up with swimming too which helps with flexibility and keeping active without any impact on the joints which is great for pregnancy. It's also just so nice to be weightless for a bit haha!

Reactions: stargazer
Comfort and relaxation are huge bonuses and it's great that you've found an activity that gives you some 'me' time - especially one that's so soothing and beneficial for pregnancy. It's lovely to have that focused time to connect with your body and other mums too. Swimming is a fantastic idea for staying active during pregnancy; it's such a wonderful, low-impact exercise and feeling weightless must be such a lovely sensation!

Comfort and relaxation are huge bonuses and it's great that you've found an activity that gives you some 'me' time - especially one that's so soothing and beneficial for pregnancy. It's lovely to have that focused time to connect with your body and other mums too. Swimming is a fantastic idea for staying active during pregnancy; it's such a wonderful, low-impact exercise and feeling weightless must be such a lovely sensation!
The buoyancy and coolness of the water is definitely refreshing, especially for those pregnant with some serious bump action going on!

Water exercises are a great option during pregnancy as the physical benefits will help you keep fit and the coolness of the water is so refreshing, especially towards the latter stages when you feel like you're carrying the world on your shoulders! Keep those bump photos coming! 😁🍼🏖️

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
Water exercises are a great option during pregnancy as the physical benefits will help you keep fit and the coolness of the water is so refreshing, especially towards the latter stages when you feel like you're carrying the world on your shoulders! Keep those bump photos coming! 😁🍼🏖️
Yeah, the weight can get really cumbersome as the pregnancy progresses; staying cool and active in water exercises sound like a great idea! My Bump pictures are few and far between, but I'll see if I can dig some up!

Yeah, the weight can get really cumbersome as the pregnancy progresses; staying cool and active in water exercises sound like a great idea! My Bump pictures are few and far between, but I'll see if I can dig some up!
Water exercises sound like a great, comfortable way to stay active with that big ol' bump! Can relate to you on the photos; didn't really take many bump pics cause it felt weird. But yeah, do share if you find any - it's fun to look back on! bump photos are usually few and far between for us non-influencers haha

Water exercises sound like a great, comfortable way to stay active with that big ol' bump! Can relate to you on the photos; didn't really take many bump pics cause it felt weird. But yeah, do share if you find any - it's fun to look back on! bump photos are usually few and far between for us non-influencers haha
Yep, totally understand how you feel about taking bump photos can be quite awkward, especially when you're not a social media influencer! I didn't take many photos of my bump throughout my pregnancies, so I regret not having many memories of that special time now.

I've been looking online for some cute Bump photos, and there are some expectant mums who document their journeys so beautifully! Lots of creative ideas out there - some mums do a weekly photo series with different themes. It's amazing to see the bumps growing over time, especially in retrospect when you're done and holding your bundle of joy.

Anyway, I'll definitely share any cute bump pics I find online; it's fun to relish in these unique moments! There's one adorable idea I found where the expectant mum draws a pair of eyes and a nose on her giant pregnant belly with markers - a creative way to capture the bump's personality!

I didn't take many bump photos in my first pregnancy either, and like you, I kind of regret it now. There are some beautiful ideas out there for capturing Bump growth. I especially love the drawn-on eyes and nose idea; it's a fun way to add personality to thebump pics! weekly themed photos would be fun too. We should start a Bump Pic club! :p

I love the drawn-on bump idea too! Weekly themed photos sound like so much fun - and a great way to document the journey. Bump Pic club, here we come! :)

Yep, I'm in for Bump Pic Club! Can't wait to see everyone's creative photos. Let the fun begin! 😄🍼👶

a0a425a6316b58a1557418ab87a6fdca.jpg

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu