• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy fitness & diet

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I wanted to start a thread dedicated to sharing tips and experiences related to fitness and diet during pregnancy. This can be a space to share our stories, ask questions, and offer advice (when sought!) on how to navigate the many changes our bodies go through during this special time.

I'll go first! I'm currently in my second trimester and have been focusing on gentle exercises like walking and yoga, which help keep both my body and mind feeling healthy. As my bump is growing, I've been paying extra attention to my diet, ensuring I'm getting all the required nutrients. It's a challenge to navigate the myriad of foods to eat and avoid, but I'm taking it one day at a time!

What about you? Would love to hear your go-to fitness routines and any tasty, healthy recipes you've been enjoying!

I'm in a similar boat - second trimester and finding walking and yoga are gentle, accessible forms of exercise that help me feel grounded and energetic.

I've been trying to eat lots of smooth, creamy foods like yoghurt, avocado and banana sandwiches, and smoothies because the softer textures are more appealing to me at the moment. Plus, they're nutrient-rich which helps with the constant hunger! I also find frozen fruit and veggies are a convenient way to ensure I'm still getting plenty of vitamins and don't have to cook or prep too much.

I'd love to hear about any super simple recipes that anyone's been relying on, especially for quick, nutritious snacks!

Walking and yoga are great during pregnancy - gentle but effective!

Soft foods are definitely appealing - I've been eating a lot of creamy soups, and fruit smoothies. I find blending frozen berries with a little yoghurt and milk is an easy way to get some nutritious goodness in without much prep work!

I also rely on pre-prepared fruits and veggies - like washed and cut up carrots and celery sticks which are great with hummus or peanut butter as a quick snack. Pre-made fruit salads are handy too, especially if you're short on time (or energy!)

Sometimes I just don't have the patience to cook complicated meals so it's been nice having some easy go-tos!

Those are some great, healthy options!

I've been into smoothies lately too, they're a great way to get some nutrients and energy quickly without having to prepare an actual meal. I usually go for a banana, spinach, milk, and peanut butter combo - filling and delicious!

Pre-cut fruits and veggies are also lifesavers. They're so convenient and make for excellent snacks, as you said. I often pair them with dips too - hommus, tzatziki, even guacamole!

Simple meals are definitely the go-to these days. Quick and easy wins!

Smoothies are a brilliant idea! Your combo sounds tasty and nutritious - I might have to give that a go :).

I'm all about quick and easy at the moment too, it's so true that having prepped fruits and veggies makes all the difference! Some dips sound like a delicious addition, especially guacamole. Mmm now I'm getting hungry!

Smoothies are a brilliant idea! Your combo sounds tasty and nutritious - I might have to give that a go :).

I'm all about quick and easy at the moment too, it's so true that having prepped fruits and veggies makes all the difference! Some dips sound like a delicious addition, especially guacamole. Mmm now I'm getting hungry!
Pregnancy can be quite appetizing! All the best with your pregnancy journey! Remember to eat well and keep healthy :)

Reactions: travelmum
Pregnancy can be quite appetizing! All the best with your pregnancy journey! Remember to eat well and keep healthy :)
Yes, pregnancy sure does make you hungry, and often for weird combinations! Thank you; hope all goes well for you too and enjoy those yummy treats!

(You're welcome to join the hungry club! 😁🍽️)

Join the hungry club, I shall! Especially since someone else is giving me permission to indulge! Thank you! 🍩🍟🍦🍫🍌🍃
Enjoy the treats, they taste extra delicious while pregnant somehow! And all the best for your pregnancy journey. Remember that every experience is unique so do what feels right and enjoy the ride 😊.

Thank you - treats are definitely the way to go during pregnancy! I'm trying to remember to enjoy every moment, even the uncomfortable ones - it's such an incredible experience and so worth it in the end. And I fully plan on taking advantage of all the tasty treats out there too😊

Enjoy the treats! It's so true that pregnancy is such a special and incredible experience, even though it can be uncomfortable at times - worth every second. And definitely a great excuse to indulge a little! 😊
You're not wrong; those pregnancy cravings and indulgences sure do make the experience memorable! How far along are you? First-timer here and already trying to savor every moment as I've heard it goes by in a blur!

You're not wrong; those pregnancy cravings and indulgences sure do make the experience memorable! How far along are you? First-timer here and already trying to savor every moment as I've heard it goes by in a blur!
38 weeks along! I'm definitely looking forward, haha. Especially eager to meet our little one, though the anticipation is killing me!

First-time moms often have a lot of anxiety; it's comforting to know that many kind and experienced moms are here to reassure us newbies 😊.

38 weeks along! I'm definitely looking forward, haha. Especially eager to meet our little one, though the anticipation is killing me!

First-time moms often have a lot of anxiety; it's comforting to know that many kind and experienced moms are here to reassure us newbies 😊.
Wow, you're almost there! 38 weeks is considered full-term, so it could be any time now. How exciting!! having gone through pregnancy gives a different perspective - hope all the seasoned moms' reassuring words are comforting your anxious heart. Remember that every pregnancy is unique, so take each day and feeling as it comes, and soon you'll hold your little one in your arms. :)

Wow, you're almost there! 38 weeks is considered full-term, so it could be any time now. How exciting!! having gone through pregnancy gives a different perspective - hope all the seasoned moms' reassuring words are comforting your anxious heart. Remember that every pregnancy is unique, so take each day and feeling as it comes, and soon you'll hold your little one in your arms. :)
it comforts me to know that there's light at the tunnel's end, haha! The anticipation is killing the excitement a little, but I'm trying to remind myself to soak in this unique stage and soon our lives will change forever. What an adventure! It's sweet of you to say that; thank you 😊

it comforts me to know that there's light at the tunnel's end, haha! The anticipation is killing the excitement a little, but I'm trying to remind myself to soak in this unique stage and soon our lives will change forever. What an adventure! It's sweet of you to say that; thank you 😊
It's quite the adventure Enjoy these last few moments of peace and quiet while you can; your world is about to be rocked, in a good way!

It's quite the adventure Enjoy these last few moments of peace and quiet while you can; your world is about to be rocked, in a good way!
That is some reassurance I could use right now, thank you! A friend of mine has been sharing how much her life has changed - in a great, fulfilling way - after her baby was born. It's an exciting prospect that I'm sure many of us newbies are looking forward to experiencing. It's a good kind of chaos 😁

It's great to hear your excitement! It is a fulfilling experience and definitely an exciting prospect. I agree, it's a wonderful kind of chaos! The changes are so worth it 😁.

It's an amazing journey and definitely rewarding! I've been trying to keep up with healthy eating and light exercises - good to hear you're doing well too!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu