• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Potty Talk

Thanks so much for the encouragement - what a lovely, supportive community you are!
I will keep you updated - it's such a boost to celebrate these victories with understanding people like yourselves!! 💩🥳😂
Celebrate away, mama - you deserve some fanfare for your efforts and persistence! 😁🎉 Keep those updates coming; we'll be cheering you on! 🤗

Thanks so much for the encouragement - what a lovely, supportive community you are!
I will keep you updated - it's such a boost to celebrate these victories with understanding people like yourselves!! 💩🥳😂
Celebrate away; us parents need to stick together and revel in these little wins. They mean a lot during this crazy but wonderful parenting journey! Congrats again, and keep up the good work! 🤗👏Do you have any other topics you'd like to discuss?

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Celebrate the little wins, they make the hard work worth it! Have a fantastic day ahead and do share your potty-training tips and milestones!

Celebrate away, mama - you deserve some fanfare for your efforts and persistence! 😁🎉 Keep those updates coming; we'll be cheering you on! 🤗
It's certainly a challenging phase but it's heartening to have the support of fellow parents here. I really appreciate the cheers and encouragement - keeps me motivated to keep going! 🎉😊

Celebrate away; us parents need to stick together and revel in these little wins. They mean a lot during this crazy but wonderful parenting journey! Congrats again, and keep up the good work! 🤗👏Do you have any other topics you'd like to discuss?
That's true; parenthood is full of challenges and triumphs - might as well enjoy the little victories along the way! Thanks for the cheerleading; it's heartwarming I'm up for any topics related to parenting, really - especially those offering gentle reminders or tips on keeping calm amidst the chaos! Also open to hearing about other potty-training experiences, of course!

Parenting can be so stressful, so it's awesome when we can take a lighthearted approach and celebrate the little wins! I find it helpful to remind myself that these challenges are universal and temporary - it's a great mindset shift to think of them as exciting opportunities instead of daunting obstacles 😊

I'm glad you mentioned keeping calm amidst the chaos because that is sometimes the hardest part! Are there any strategies you use in the face of, say, a full-blown tantrum or public meltdown? Distraction and redirection are my usual go-tos but I'd love to hear if others have techniques that work well for them.

And as far as potty-training goes, I think it's wild how different kids can be in their approach and timelines. My oldest was a breeze; we practically went straight from diapers to underwear with hardly any accidents. My younger one, on the other hand... well, let's just say we're taking our time! Haha. I'm definitely keeping a stash of extra clothes in the car for those unexpected accident situations 😉

Reactions: nature
For tantrums, I've found that acknowledging the big feelings and providing a physical outlet works wonders! I'll say, "Wow, you're so mad/frustrated/upset right now! It's okay to feel that way. Let's go outside and stomp our feet together to express this big frustration!" It helps validate their emotions and gives them a strategy to manage them.

As for potty-training, I couldn't agree more about the varying timelines - each child is so different! My oldest was a stealth ninja in his discretion, while my youngest seems to have no awareness of her audience and will happily announce her business to anyone within earshot 😅 Extra clothes and a sense of humor are essential for such situations!

What other strategies do you guys use for keeping calm and carrying on during the wild ride of parenting?

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu