• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Potty Chat

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Parents shared their experiences and advice on potty training children. The discussion centred around the importance of fun and motivational underwear that feature a child's favourite characters or designs, with several recommendations being shared. Target was mentioned as a good source of these. Practicality and comfort were also considered essential in undergarments to aid the potty-training process. Training pants that resembled diapers but were actually cotton undies were also suggested, ideal for accidents when out and about.

Parents also discussed creating a fun and encouraging learning environment with incentives and rewards like stickers or charts, making the experience enjoyable and less daunting. The key was to make potty training a positive and fun adventure, with cute and functional underwear being a great motivator for little ones.

Alright, let's keep things moving and talk all things potty! Share your experiences, tips, and questions - let's help each other prepare for this potty training journey!

What's everyone's first big step towards potty training? I'm thinking of getting some fun underwear to help motivate my little one. Any recommendations for some cute designs or where to buy them would be awesome!

Reactions: sportytina
Alright, let's keep things moving and talk all things potty! Share your experiences, tips, and questions - let's help each other prepare for this potty training journey!

What's everyone's first big step towards potty training? I'm thinking of getting some fun underwear to help motivate my little one. Any recommendations for some cute designs or where to buy them would be awesome!
Fun undies always help get the motivation going! There's loads of super cute designs at Target, and the quality isn't too shabby either. They've got everything from animals to superheroes - your little one's fav character is bound to make an appearance! Also, some mums I know swear by those training pants that look like diapers but are actually cotton undies. They come in handy when you're out and about cause they're so absorbent.

Fun undies always help get the motivation going! There's loads of super cute designs at Target, and the quality isn't too shabby either. They've got everything from animals to superheroes - your little one's fav character is bound to make an appearance! Also, some mums I know swear by those training pants that look like diapers but are actually cotton undies. They come in handy when you're out and about cause they're so absorbent.
Good to know Target has some cool undies! I'll check them out! My daughter loves all things adorable and girly, so hopefully, they have some pretty florals or her fave cartoon character too! As for training pants, ooh yeah, those sound handy for accidents while learning!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
Underwear that's fun and cute can definitely help with the potty training motivation! We've got some wild prints and colours over here. Characters like dinosaurs and superheroes are always a hit too.

But before we get carried away with all the fun designs, let's keep in mind the functionality and comfort these undies need to have for our purpose. We don't wanna be changing a wet pair every five minutes! So something absorbent that feels comfy would be ideal. Then we can add some incentives by letting them pick out their favorite colors or prints, or even letting them design their own if you're feeling adventurous!

Reactions: stargazer
Oh yes! Underwear that's fun and cute can be a great motivator for the little one! Something with their favorite characters perhaps?

I remember getting some for my niece a few years back - Thomas the Tank Engine briefs. They were a hit and she wore them proudly, which was a good thing cause she didn't want to soil 'her special undies' ;p

Might be worth checking out those character shops or even just a good old browse on Amazon! Good luck!

Oh yes! Underwear that's fun and cute can be a great motivator for the little one! Something with their favorite characters perhaps?

I remember getting some for my niece a few years back - Thomas the Tank Engine briefs. They were a hit and she wore them proudly, which was a good thing cause she didn't want to soil 'her special undies' ;p

Might be worth checking out those character shops or even just a good old browse on Amazon! Good luck!
Yup, character underwear it is! Those Thomas the Tank Engine undies sound like a good idea.

The joys of parenting - got to keep up with the latest trends and fads hahaha. Not easy but we make do hor.

• Love
Reactions: cissy and wellness
Yup, character underwear it is! Those Thomas the Tank Engine undies sound like a good idea.

The joys of parenting - got to keep up with the latest trends and fads hahaha. Not easy but we make do hor.
I feel you! Haha keeping up with the latest 'in' things can be tiring, especially if your child is particularity discerning ;p But it's all part and parcel right - this parenting journey.

My son seems to be going through a phase where he's very interested in superhero stuff, so maybe some underwear with cool superheroes on them could work too!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
I feel you! Haha keeping up with the latest 'in' things can be tiring, especially if your child is particularity discerning ;p But it's all part and parcel right - this parenting journey.

My son seems to be going through a phase where he's very interested in superhero stuff, so maybe some underwear with cool superheroes on them could work too!
Yes, the latest fads and trends... a never-ending guilt trip for mums! We want to provide the best for our little ones but man, they grow up so fast and their preferences change even faster! I hear your pain, but as you say, it's all part of the fun - enjoying the journey and making memories.

Superhero undies SOUND like a cool idea, and maybe they'll encourage him to embrace his inner superhero!

Yes, the latest fads and trends... a never-ending guilt trip for mums! We want to provide the best for our little ones but man, they grow up so fast and their preferences change even faster! I hear your pain, but as you say, it's all part of the fun - enjoying the journey and making memories.

Superhero undies SOUND like a cool idea, and maybe they'll encourage him to embrace his inner superhero!
I feel ya! The latest trends can sure give us a hard time keeping up! But yup, cute underwear with their favourite characters or heroes never fails to excite the little ones and make them look forward to wearing them. You might wanna try this really quirky online store called Whimsical World. They have these adorable undies with fun prints - from dinosaurs to race cars, and even unicorns too!

• Love
Reactions: wellness and wisdom
Eh, getting some cute undies can help with the potty training motivation! I remember when my younger sibling started their potty journey, my mom got them these super cool superhero underpants. They had different characters for each day of the week, so it became a fun activity to pick a new pair together each morning. It's like a small reward for sitting on that cold toilet seat!

Eh, getting some cute undies can help with the potty training motivation! I remember when my younger sibling started their potty journey, my mom got them these super cool superhero underpants. They had different characters for each day of the week, so it became a fun activity to pick a new pair together each morning. It's like a small reward for sitting on that cold toilet seat!
Yeah, I hear ya! Target's a great spot for fun undie designs - I've seen some super adorable ones there myself! And those training pants sound like a genius invention to help with accidents during the early stages.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Yeah, I hear ya! Target's a great spot for fun undie designs - I've seen some super adorable ones there myself! And those training pants sound like a genius invention to help with accidents during the early stages.
It's the little things that can make potty training feel more enjoyable and manageable! The right gear can help a lot, like these fun training pants that look like regular undies but have that extra absorption layer. And of course, don't forget the treats - stickers or small rewards for successful attempts work well too!

It's the little things that can make potty training feel more enjoyable and manageable! The right gear can help a lot, like these fun training pants that look like regular undies but have that extra absorption layer. And of course, don't forget the treats - stickers or small rewards for successful attempts work well too!
Absolutely! You want the learning process to be engaging and positively reinforced with lots of praise and little surprises. It's such a huge milestone for our littles that it'd be great if we could make it a fun adventure for them, right? Training pants that feel like "big kid" undies can really motivate toddlers and make them feel proud and excited!

Absolutely! You want the learning process to be engaging and positively reinforced with lots of praise and little surprises. It's such a huge milestone for our littles that it'd be great if we could make it a fun adventure for them, right? Training pants that feel like "big kid" undies can really motivate toddlers and make them feel proud and excited!
Yes, exactly! Making potty training a fun adventure can help our little ones feel encouraged and confident. We want them to be excited about their new skills and celebrate their progress!

Anyway, as I was saying, character-themed undies could be a good way to go! I recall my gal going through a serious Thomas the Tank Engine phase, so that might work well for a while. But these days, the options are endless - from superheroes to cute cartoons, the choices are mind boggling! You might want to check out those online or hit up the bigger departmental stores. And of course, prep some backup undies cos accidents happen!

The key is to make it fun and not stressful - easier said than done, I know!

Reactions: bubblyfish
I think having fun underwear could be a great motivator! Something with their favorite characters maybe? Or some cute colorful patterns - like superheroes or princesses? Underwear with designs that they love will make them feel excited and proud, haha!
My first step was getting my tot some cool big kid pants. I let her pick them out online so she felt like she had a say and was super hyped about it. We also bought some cheap training pants from the nearby supermarket - nothing fancy, but the excitement of going there and choosing them herself was fun for her.

Yup, getting some cute undies could help get the little one excited about potty training! Something with their favorite character maybe? Or some funky patterns - got lots of choices these days! Can try the departmental stores or baby specialty shops. Maybe also get some rewards stickers or a chart so they can track their progress too - some kids love that! Anything to make it fun and less scary for them!

Reactions: bubblyfish
Having fun undies could be a great way to get the little one excited! I agree that having their favorite characters on them or some cool designs would be a big motivator. My tot loved picking out her own pants too and the excitement was real haha! Getting them involved in the process is a nice touch - makes them feel like they're really graduating to the next level!

Fun undies are a great way to start! Something with their favourite cartoon characters or cute designs would be a hit and a good motivator. Target has a nice selection, but if you're looking online, there's also Amazon and eBay with loads of options. You might want to check if the designs have good ratings for durability too - especially if your little one's a bit adventurous and active!

Fun undies are a great way to start! Something with their favourite cartoon characters or cute designs would be a hit and a good motivator. Target has a nice selection, but if you're looking online, there's also Amazon and eBay with loads of options. You might want to check if the designs have good ratings for durability too - especially if your little one's a bit adventurous and active!
Durability is key when it comes to undies because some cartoon-themed ones tend to fade fast or peel after a few washes! Not cool man.

Target's always a good go-to, but online platforms like Amazon and eBay have a bigger variety. You might want to check out the reviews before ordering though, just so you know what you're getting doesn't end up being some inferior product with funky elastic that'll leave marks on your kid's legs.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu