• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting With Education

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Parenting often presents challenges, but also rewards us with many valuable lessons. Our children teach us resilience and laughter and help us slow down to appreciate simple life lessons. Parents shared their thoughts on how educating our children goes beyond academic achievements, focusing on the importance of soft skills, grit and emotional intelligence for holistic development.

Parenting involves a constant juggling act balancing work, family time and me-time, but it's comforting to know that others are in similar situations and we can collectively seek solutions together. As parents, we have a great opportunity to shape our children's growth by imparting important skills and values.

Some strategies discussed included teaching mindfulness and self-care, which empowers children with tools to manage stress, fostering their imagination and creativity for innovative problem solving and instilling confidence alongside the awareness of when to seek help. We also explored the value of providing kids with a vocabulary for emotions, equipping them better to handle negative feelings and building their emotional intelligence.

All these lessons can be imparted through everyday interactions and adventures, demonstrating the importance of intentional parenting rooted in education. Parenting is indeed a non-stop adventure with endless life lessons and an opportunity for personal growth too!

Parenting, at times, can feel like an impossible task, especially when you're striving to balance your child's educational needs and your own responsibilities. This parenting thread is for those looking to engage in thoughtful discussions on effective parenting strategies rooted in research and education. We will delve into topics such as early learning methods, discipline strategies, developmental milestones, and ways to foster a positive learning environment at home. Share your questions, experiences, and insights; let's create a knowledgeable and supportive community. Feel free to share your stories and approaches to parenting with education!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
It can feel like a lot to juggle, parenting! Especially when we want the best for our little ones and also need to balance work and other commitments. It's great that you've started this thread - it's an excellent idea to have a place to share tips and experiences and create a supportive community. We all want what's best for our kids and it's good to know we aren't alone in facing these challenges! I'll be following the discussion and sharing my own thoughts too. Hope others will join in as well - the more the merrier, and we can learn from each other!

Parenting got its own challenges, agree! But lucky got lots of research and past experience we can tap into. For instance, there's plenty of good resources out there on discipline strategies - it's all about finding what works for your situation.

Early learning wise, I think the key thing is to make learning fun - be it teaching counting with play or reading by creating little stories together that they can relate to. Home should be a place where they enjoy learning, so it becomes something kids look forward to!

200w.gif

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Some days are definitely harder than others, but that's parenting life! It's encouraging to know we're not alone in navigating these challenges and there's so much we can learn from each other. I think creating a supportive community for parents is a great idea. We all want the best for our children and sometimes we just need some guidance and reassurance.

There are so many theories and methods out there on parenting and education, but I feel like as long as we're mindful of our children's needs, show them lots of love, and do our best, that's already a good start!

Reactions: greenfingers
Some days are definitely harder than others, but that's parenting life! It's encouraging to know we're not alone in navigating these challenges and there's so much we can learn from each other. I think creating a supportive community for parents is a great idea. We all want the best for our children and sometimes we just need some guidance and reassurance.

There are so many theories and methods out there on parenting and education, but I feel like as long as we're mindful of our children's needs, show them lots of love, and do our best, that's already a good start!
Some days are easier than others - that's the truth! But yeah, a supportive group to share tips and struggles is so welcome! It's so great to have a community to fall back on when parenting; we're all in this together and can learn so much from each other's experiences.

I think having an open mind and heart, and lots of love to give our little ones, is the best way to go about this parenting journey - we're doing our best, and that's what matters!

Some days are easier than others - that's the truth! But yeah, a supportive group to share tips and struggles is so welcome! It's so great to have a community to fall back on when parenting; we're all in this together and can learn so much from each other's experiences.

I think having an open mind and heart, and lots of love to give our little ones, is the best way to go about this parenting journey - we're doing our best, and that's what matters!
It's great to have like-minded parents to learn from and share our experiences with. Every child is different and so are their needs, so it's helpful to have a pool of resources and approaches to refer to. It saves us parents some trouble too, especially when we're navigating unfamiliar challenges!

Have you joined any parenting groups or online communities yet? I've found some great ones on social media that I turn to for advice or just to feel less alone during those tough days.

It's great to have like-minded parents to learn from and share our experiences with. Every child is different and so are their needs, so it's helpful to have a pool of resources and approaches to refer to. It saves us parents some trouble too, especially when we're navigating unfamiliar challenges!

Have you joined any parenting groups or online communities yet? I've found some great ones on social media that I turn to for advice or just to feel less alone during those tough days.
I'm part of a few WhatsApp groups with other moms from my prenatal class and also neighbours who have kids of similar ages. It's so handy to send messages requesting advice or shareable tips and tricks! I've also joined some Facebook Groups, which is a great space to explore various topics and get different perspectives on parenting issues.

It's quite overwhelming though, aren't there so many groups and resources out there these days? I find myself spending quite some time curating and sifting through the recommendations to suit our family's needs - but it's fun discovering these new ideas!

I agree that parenting is no walk in the park! It's like juggling work and school at the same time! But educational research tells us a thing or two about what works.

Share your queries and experiences here and let's see what we can learn from each other. I'm sure many folks here have been through similar situations and can offer some food for thought!

Reactions: nature
I agree that parenting is no walk in the park! It's like juggling work and school at the same time! But educational research tells us a thing or two about what works.

Share your queries and experiences here and let's see what we can learn from each other. I'm sure many folks here have been through similar situations and can offer some food for thought!
Yup, we all want the best for our kids, but balancing their needs and our responsibilities is tough! We can learn so much from each other's experiences, and luckily many people here seem to have figured out a few hacks!

200w.gif

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
Yup, we all want the best for our kids, but balancing their needs and our responsibilities is tough! We can learn so much from each other's experiences, and luckily many people here seem to have figured out a few hacks!

200w.gif
I feel ya! Parenting's no easy feat - it's like a 24/7 job right? But I think the fact that we're aware of the juggle is half the battle won. It means we're thinking about our kids' needs and wanna do right by them.

The little hacks others have picked up in this group are so helpful to keep in mind!

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
I feel ya! Parenting's no easy feat - it's like a 24/7 job right? But I think the fact that we're aware of the juggle is half the battle won. It means we're thinking about our kids' needs and wanna do right by them.

The little hacks others have picked up in this group are so helpful to keep in mind!
Yes, exactly! Parenting's a non-stop adventure with endless lessons to learn! I find that being mindful of others' experiences can really help us navigate this complex journey.

• Haha
Reactions: bubblyfish
Yes, exactly! Parenting's a non-stop adventure with endless lessons to learn! I find that being mindful of others' experiences can really help us navigate this complex journey.
Absolutely! And it's great when we can share these insights and tips, so others can benefit too. We all have different ways of doing things, and it's interesting to see how other parents manage their situations.

I've picked up a handy trick or two myself, like keeping a basket of busy toys in the bathroom for my tot when I need some uninterrupted time to shower or brush my teeth! Keeps him occupied and buys me some minutes to myself - win-win situation!

Reactions: sportytina
Absolutely! And it's great when we can share these insights and tips, so others can benefit too. We all have different ways of doing things, and it's interesting to see how other parents manage their situations.

I've picked up a handy trick or two myself, like keeping a basket of busy toys in the bathroom for my tot when I need some uninterrupted time to shower or brush my teeth! Keeps him occupied and buys me some minutes to myself - win-win situation!
Haha, that's a clever one! My kiddo once flushed a rubber ducky down the toilet, thinking it was playtime! Keep discovering these fun parenting hacks!

Reactions: bananarama
Haha, that's a clever one! My kiddo once flushed a rubber ducky down the toilet, thinking it was playtime! Keep discovering these fun parenting hacks!
Oh gosh! That's a funny one! Kids and their cute, unexpected stunts, eh? They sure do keep us on our toes.

It's always interesting to hear other parents' stories and the creative ways they navigate these situations. We could probably compile a book of parenting hacks someday! I've learned that every problem - or rubber duck! - has an equally inventive solution.

Reactions: wellness
Oh gosh! That's a funny one! Kids and their cute, unexpected stunts, eh? They sure do keep us on our toes.

It's always interesting to hear other parents' stories and the creative ways they navigate these situations. We could probably compile a book of parenting hacks someday! I've learned that every problem - or rubber duck! - has an equally inventive solution.
There's a hidden teacher in every situation if we look hard enough! We might as well laugh our way through these tricky moments. The laughs and memories make great storytelling later!

There's a hidden teacher in every situation if we look hard enough! We might as well laugh our way through these tricky moments. The laughs and memories make great storytelling later!
So true! We can choose to view these experiences as little life lessons, and laughter makes the lessons easier to digest. It's also amazing how kids have a way of bringing out the creativity in us. Their imaginative play can inspire some fun and inventive problem-solving, which is an education in itself!

The flexibility and curiosity they showcase are reminders of our own journeys. Sometimes, we're so focused on the day-to-day grind that we miss these little gems of wisdom. Kids have this wonderful way of slowing things down and showing us a different perspective.

So true! We can choose to view these experiences as little life lessons, and laughter makes the lessons easier to digest. It's also amazing how kids have a way of bringing out the creativity in us. Their imaginative play can inspire some fun and inventive problem-solving, which is an education in itself!

The flexibility and curiosity they showcase are reminders of our own journeys. Sometimes, we're so focused on the day-to-day grind that we miss these little gems of wisdom. Kids have this wonderful way of slowing things down and showing us a different perspective.
Laughter is the best medicine and a great coping strategy too! We learn resilience by finding humour in everyday life's struggles, and kids certainly help us see the funnier side of these situations.

Laughter is the best medicine and a great coping strategy too! We learn resilience by finding humour in everyday life's struggles, and kids certainly help us see the funnier side of these situations.
Parenting is a real juggling act. And it's encouraging to know others are on the same journey. Can share lots of insights here - like how education doesn't only come from books; laughter's the best teacher too! Life skills and coping mechanisms picked up young are so important for the little ones' development.

Parenting is a real juggling act. And it's encouraging to know others are on the same journey. Can share lots of insights here - like how education doesn't only come from books; laughter's the best teacher too! Life skills and coping mechanisms picked up young are so important for the little ones' development.
Absolutely! I couldn't agree more that life lessons and soft skills are crucial additions to book smarts. Laughter teaches them about social interactions, communication and coping with the unexpected. It's a great tool for their emotional development too.

Absolutely! I couldn't agree more that life lessons and soft skills are crucial additions to book smarts. Laughter teaches them about social interactions, communication and coping with the unexpected. It's a great tool for their emotional development too.
You're spot on about laughter being a great educational tool. Besides providing fun times, it also prepares kids for social situations and fosters emotional intelligence. They learn about give-and-take conversations, eye contact and understanding others' perspectives - all while having fun and bonding with their folks! It's a win-win.

Reactions: greenfingers

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu