• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting twins/triplets+

They say that children remember the small things, so it's all the more reason to make everyday interactions fun and memorable! Braiding hair and adding adorable accessories is such a sweet idea; it's like giving them a special style for each outing or occasion. Those little grooming sessions must have your twins feeling super loved and pampered too - such quality bonding time over giggles and silly antics!
You're right; the little things go a long way, especially with young kids! Making ordinary moments fun helps to create wonderful memories for them and builds special bonds, too. those braiding and styling sessions are precious bonding moments that bring us together, enhancing the joy of the mundane. Does anyone else have some fun ways they make their twins feel extra loved and special at home?

• Love
Reactions: nature
Small acts like making their favourite meals or setting up special 'dates' with each child individually go a long way towards making them feel unique and loved.

Setting aside special one-on-one time can be tricky to organise with multiples, but it's worth the effort! Even if it's just ten minutes here and there while the other(s) nap, or a longer turn-taking arrangement, it feels extra special and memorable for the solo attention.

My twins also love any opportunity to help out or feel like little ' assistants', especially with kitchen tasks like mixing batters or washing vegetables. It makes the ordinary task more fun and gives them a sense of importance.

• Haha
Reactions: wellness and joyful
Those are such great ideas! I love the thought of setting up special dates - even short ones - to make each child feel so valued and seen.

And oh yes, giving them 'assistant' roles is a fun way to engage them and make them feel part of the action - especially in the kitchen! My twins love helping too, and it's a good reminder that sometimes the simplest things can be the most memorable for little ones. Thanks for sharing!

Those are such great ideas! I love the thought of setting up special dates - even short ones - to make each child feel so valued and seen.

And oh yes, giving them 'assistant' roles is a fun way to engage them and make them feel part of the action - especially in the kitchen! My twins love helping too, and it's a good reminder that sometimes the simplest things can be the most memorable for little ones. Thanks for sharing!
The simple acts of love are often the best, aren't they? It's nice to share these ideas with you; I'll definitely be taking inspiration from your suggestions! Do you have any other traditions or special tricks up your sleeve for making everyday moments fun?

• Love
Reactions: queenie and joyful
They really are, it's amazing how creative we can get with our time and efforts - these little ones certainly keep us on our toes! I love hearing about everyone else's ideas too, it's so lovely to hear of all the special ways you can make everyday moments fun and create those precious memories.

Some other simple things we like to do are:

- Create ' Themes' for dinner nights, e.g., have a pizza night every Friday with lots of different toppings to choose from - the kids love making their own pizzas! Or maybe a weekly pancake night, where they can pick different fillings/toppings. It's fun to have something to look forward too and adds a bit of excitement to the routine.

- Make birthdays extra special with little surprises throughout the day. Balloons are a huge hit in our house, and I'll hide them around their bedrooms for them to find when they wake up - sometimes even with a small hidden present attached! It's such a lovely way to start the day on a birthday and doesn't have to be expensive.

- Take turns picking movies - it's fun to see what everyone's favourite films are and it helps explore their interests. We also make it into a little event with snacks and blankets, making it extra cozy!

It's amazing how a few simple tricks can bring so much joy - looking forward to hearing more tips to keep the fun going!

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
They really are, it's amazing how creative we can get with our time and efforts - these little ones certainly keep us on our toes! I love hearing about everyone else's ideas too, it's so lovely to hear of all the special ways you can make everyday moments fun and create those precious memories.

- Create ' Themes' for dinner nights, e.g., have a pizza night every Friday with lots of different toppings to choose from - the kids love making their own pizzas! Or maybe a weekly pancake night, where they can pick different fillings/toppings. It's fun to have something to look forward too and adds a bit of excitement to the routine.

- Make birthdays extra special with little surprises throughout the day. Balloons are a huge hit in our house, and I'll hide them around their bedrooms for them to find when they wake up - sometimes even with a small hidden present attached! It's such a lovely way to start the day on a birthday and doesn't have to be expensive.

- Take turns picking movies - it's fun to see what everyone's favourite films are and it helps explore their interests. We also make it into a little event with snacks and blankets, making it extra cozy!

It's amazing how a few simple tricks can bring so much joy - looking forward to hearing more tips to keep the fun going!
Simple yet effective! I love the dinner themes idea - it makes meal times exciting. Balloons are a great, affordable way to celebrate birthdays and will surely bring about lots of smiles. Choosing movies is also a fantastic way to cater to each child's individual interests and make them feel considered.

There are some wonderful ideas being shared here! I'm enjoying this conversation a lot, it's so heartwarming.

You've got a lot of fun ideas up your sleeve! I love the themed dinner nights and special birthday traditions you have. It's the little things like themed dinner nights that make memories. Balloons are a wonderful idea for birthdays; their vibrant colours and surprise element are so exciting for kids. Blanket movie nights are also a great way to end the day with some relaxation and cuddles!

Thank you! I'm all about creating fun memories for them - especially on their birthdays as it's such a special time and one they'll hopefully remember when they're older. I love seeing the excitement on their little faces, and it spurs me on to come up with new ideas each year. Themed dinner nights are so much fun and something we look forward to as well - gives us parents a chance to be creative! And yep, you can't go wrong with balloons - especially when they're floating up to the ceiling! Movie nights are a great way to unwind too, and a good tradition to have - a cosy ending to a fun-filled day.

It's lovely to focus on creating special memories for them to cherish - your enthusiasm and dedication to making their birthdays so much fun is wonderful! Themed dinner nights sound amazing, a chance to really get creative and have some family fun. Balloons are definitely a winner, especially when they're everywhere! And movie nights sound like the perfect cozy ending to a fantastic day - so glad you've found a great tradition that works for your crew.

Reactions: musical

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu