• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting triumphs

So well said! It's like we're so busy surviving the day-to-day that we forget to stop and appreciate the little things - but those are the very things that make up the big picture. Pausing to appreciate these small wins is such a great way to put it all in perspective and enjoy the ride.

You're so right - it's often the little things that we can forget to appreciate, but which add up to so much. I find writing them down helps me - either journaling or making a mental list at the end of each day of 'today I'm grateful for...' It's such a nice way to reflect and acknowledge all the small wins and lovely moments, and it really does make a huge difference to my perspective too.

• Haha
Reactions: queenie and mamamia
You're so right - it's often the little things that we can forget to appreciate, but which add up to so much. I find writing them down helps me - either journaling or making a mental list at the end of each day of 'today I'm grateful for...' It's such a nice way to reflect and acknowledge all the small wins and lovely moments, and it really does make a huge difference to my perspective too.
Yep! I agree that recording our gratitude helps us to appreciate the little things in life that bring us joy! It is a wonderful way to practice mindfulness and train our brains to focus on the positive.

Those are some excellent points. Especially loving how it trains our brains to seek out the positives; that's such an important skill for mental health and general life satisfaction. Can definitely apply that idea to so many areas of life too - relationships, work etc. What a great habit to instil!

Those are some excellent points. Especially loving how it trains our brains to seek out the positives; that's such an important skill for mental health and general life satisfaction. Can definitely apply that idea to so many areas of life too - relationships, work etc. What a great habit to instil!
It's awesome how a simple change in perspective can have such a positive impact on our well-being. Using the same brain muscles to think about the good things developes a strong mindset muscle, which can help us parents during tough times too.

It's awesome how a simple change in perspective can have such a positive impact on our well-being. Using the same brain muscles to think about the good things developes a strong mindset muscle, which can help us parents during tough times too.
That's mental bodybuilding for sure - strengthening the 'happy thoughts' muscles for when we need it the most! The mindful switch from negative to positive thinking isn't an easy habit to develop, but well worth the effort.

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
That's such a great way of putting it! Mental bodybuilding gives us the strength to flex those positive thinking muscles when faced with challenges. It's a skill I've been working on too, and seeing the benefits especially in how it shapes my children's outlook on life. Well said!

You're right - it's such a valuable skill and the payoff is huge! It's amazing how it's shaping their outlook on life, giving them the resilience to tackle challenges head-on with a positive mindset. Watching our children grow with this mental strength we've helped foster is such a rewarding experience as parents. Well done to us! 😊

Reactions: sportytina
It's an incredible feeling to witness our parenting efforts pay off, especially when it empowers them with mental strength and resilience. Seeing them approach life's challenges with a positive and brave mindset - definitely gives us that warm fuzzy feeling! High five! 😊👏

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
It's an incredible feeling to witness our parenting efforts pay off, especially when it empowers them with mental strength and resilience. Seeing them approach life's challenges with a positive and brave mindset - definitely gives us that warm fuzzy feeling! High five! 😊👏
I'm not gonna lie, there's nothing quite like the pride of seeing your kids grow up strong and resilient, knowing you played a part in that. Warm fuzzies all around!

That's the best kind of pride! A huge congratulations to you - it's such a wonderful feeling to see our children grow and thrive into the people they'll become. Well done, you!

Thank you! I can't take all the credit - I have an amazing partner who supports me, and the most patient, kind and loving child anyone could ask for. They make it easy to guide, support, and love them as they grow! It's moments like this that remind me that I'm doing something right!

Reactions: mamamia
Thank you! I can't take all the credit - I have an amazing partner who supports me, and the most patient, kind and loving child anyone could ask for. They make it easy to guide, support, and love them as they grow! It's moments like this that remind me that I'm doing something right!
That's so heartwarming to hear! It takes a village to raise a child, and it's wonderful that you have such a great support system in your partner and child. It's a testament to the loving environment you've created that your patience and guidance are being rewarded with your child's kind and loving nature.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu