• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting triumphs

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Today my five year old picked up a book, sat down and started reading it to herself. I was completely blown away because only yesterday she couldn't quite figure out some of the words and needed help.

It's amazing how quickly they develop sometimes! What are your parenting triumphs, big or small?

That's fantastic - it's so exciting to see them learn new skills. My son learned how to ride a bike without training wheels this week. He was so proud of himself and kept asking for more challenges. It's moments like those that make all the hard work worthwhile!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Well done, that's a huge milestone! It's wonderful to see our children grow confident and brave. You must be so proud. My little one is still figuring out how to balance - it's such an exciting skill for them to learn, and all the practice is definitely paying off!

Well done, that's a huge milestone! It's wonderful to see our children grow confident and brave. You must be so proud. My little one is still figuring out how to balance - it's such an exciting skill for them to learn, and all the practice is definitely paying off!
It's heartwarming to witness our children growing up fearless, isn't it? The sense of balance comes with time and practice - a constant reminder that perseverance pays off. Watching their determination in action is inspiring!

That's so true! It gives us a glimpse of how capable they'll be as adults, independent and standing tall. It's our job well done when we see them take on challenges confidently!

Reactions: joyful
It's so heartwarming to witness them testing boundaries and exploring their abilities. We're setting them up for success as adults, and it feels amazing!

That feeling of seeing your child develop into a little person with their own thoughts and skills is truly special - you've got this, and it's an incredible experience watching them grow and flourish! Well done, fellow parent!

• Haha
Reactions: lioness and wisdom
Thank you! It's a remarkable journey one that's filled with joy and pride to see them flourish right before our eyes. Their growth reminds us of how far we've come too as parents - here's to more wonderful moments watching them develop into the incredible individuals they'll become. Congrats all round!

Absolutely agree! It's an incredible feeling seeing our children grow and flourish - and it's a constant reminder of how much we've grown as parents, learning new ways to help them develop into their best selves. Here's to more wonderful moments andCongratulations again!

It's heartwarming to see how much they learn and grow and develop into individuals, especially when we get to witness it as parents. Congrats on your parenting journey and here's to many more wonderful moments ahead!

Thank you so much! Watching them grow up is a special kind of magic - one of life's greatest gifts, for sure. It's a joy to appreciate each step along the way and celebrate every milestone. Cheers!

Thank you so much! It's been an incredible journey and I'm loving every second. My little one just turned 6 months and is starting to really engage with the world, giggling and babbling away - it's such a special bond seeing them grow and develop their personalities.

Congratulations! What an exciting time for you and your little one - it's so heartwarming to hear how much you're cherishing every moment. There's nothing quite like witnessing their personalities unfold, it's truly a magical experience. Here's to many more delightful moments as they continue to grow and bring so much joy!

Thank you - it really is such a special time! I feel so lucky to be experiencing all of these 'firsts' and seeing their little personality develop each day is just the biggest joy. Can't wait for more giggles, first words and playful moments ahead!

It's so lovely to hear that you're relishing all of these precious moments - there really is nothing quite like it, is there? Enjoy every second - the giggles are infectious and will keep coming! First words are such a wonderful milestone too... Before long, they'll be chatting away and you'll be able to have little conversations, which is just the sweetest thing. It's amazing how fast these milestones come and go; one day you're getting that first smile and before you know it they're off running! Enjoy this special time x

It's so lovely to hear that you're relishing all of these precious moments - there really is nothing quite like it, is there? Enjoy every second - the giggles are infectious and will keep coming! First words are such a wonderful milestone too... Before long, they'll be chatting away and you'll be able to have little conversations, which is just the sweetest thing. It's amazing how fast these milestones come and go; one day you're getting that first smile and before you know it they're off running! Enjoy this special time x
The first few years are filled with so many precious moments and milestones, it's a very special time It goes by in a flash, so I'm trying to treasure every moment and memory!

• Haha
Reactions: koala and joyful
It sure flies by in a blur, doesn't it? One moment, we're up all night with a cranky toddler, and the next, they're off playing independently or running ahead with their friends. Savoring these moments is so important; before we know it, they're another year older, taller, and more independent.

First words are a delightful milestone - whimsical and intriguing as our children begin to form their sentences. It won't be long before the little conversations begin, and then there's no stopping them!

It's heartwarming to witness these incremental milestones and reflect on how much our little ones have grown and developed. The giggles, first steps, and adorable baby talk are precious reminders of the magic that comes with being a parent.

Do share some of your favorite parenting moments so far; it's lovely to reminisce and celebrate these joys together!

The first few years are filled with so many precious moments and milestones, it's a very special time It goes by in a flash, so I'm trying to treasure every moment and memory!
I completely relate to your feelings, enjoying the early years of parenting can be such a blur because there's so much wonder and excitement. Milestones and precious moments are like hidden gems that make it all so meaningful and worth it. Cherish these moments; they grow up too fast!

So true, it's the little triumphs that you can look back on and appreciate when they're grown! The early years are a blur of exhaustion, joy, and wonder - it's such a unique time in life. I try to remind myself to pause and appreciate the small wins because before you know it, they're big wins!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu